Final Haven, April 13-15th Event

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Final Haven, April 13-15th Event

Post by Onimaster »

Well, we just got back and I see no one has started a thread yet.

Let me say that I think this event was really good.

I liked the new camp, and I really enjoyed myself. I was planning on switching to NPC not long after I arrived, but things took an odd turn and I was buzy all weekend. I feel like Shale had a lot of deep moments, and this event really felt like a lot of things either got resolved or twisted in odd ways. I had a seriously great time running around with Orien, and that pairing came out of the blue.

I really want to thank all the people that roleplayed with me this weekend. I kind of feel like as I went between all of you it was like a tour of Shale's personality quirks, both good and bad. I really need to thank Phil. Ians death was one of the most intense series of moments and deeper meanings for me, and I don't think it could have been more true to the characters if we had scripted it. The funeral was seriously intense, and I only hope when Shale goes it's even half as cool. It was really cool the way the event ended as well. I had always considered Shale might go back to the Phoenix, but I never anticipated it happening the way it did and that it would be Ian to 'save' Shale like he did. Though, I think Ug's prescription might still need cashing in. :wink:

I would like to go on, but time here is short. So, I'll just leave with one last thought...

"OUR COW 'S DRUNKER THAN YOUR COW!"
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

I'm super super sore...

Which is great. OMG I didn't hardly have any downtime with everything that was going on. I forgot how tiring being a scout is, but it was sure great to be back.

I just heard about the cow thing this morning and well I got to have my own favorite quote, "you're not a true pirate unless you are banished from somewhere".

Kinda fun playing around with a few new personality quirks and well I realized I gotta get down the whole warrior thing a bit better for I was a wee bit rusty.

Love the camp site, hate the drive but it's worth it.

Jim and Todd...you two together are just awsome!!!

Can't wait until the next event and hopefully I'll find some time to do a little extra work out training to that my body will be accustomed to this again.

I loved seeing everyone and being back in the world again.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Soren
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Soren »

wish I coulda been there. *Jealous*
Daku of the North
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Daku of the North »

Well, of course, I hope everyone enjoyed the food. I know Mike was stuffed to the gills, and that Chris enjoyed playing Cresten with all the hospitality (**ahemfreefoodahem**) that we showed him. I feel kinda bad that I didn't make very many peanut butter cookies or the rhubarb pie. ^_^* I was having trouble keeping up with all of the people eating JUST chocolate chip cookies...lol And it's nice to see that my breads got devoured. YAY!

This event felt kinda strange, honestly. Even though I did sooo much this past event, I couldn't help but wish that I could do more. I did really enjoy it though. It felt kinda sad having everyone spread out between the Keep and the Inn. I missed talking with a lot of people at the Keep, and I know they didn't get hardly any of my treats. ;_; It was really fun "torturing" Repete with no cookies until he gave everything back that he stole. It was really funny and nice being able to save him from going to jail by allowing him to redeem himself through helping me obtain chocolate chips. Teehee!

We still don't know who pocketed the Apple Turnovers though LOL! If you had wanted some, Mysterious Person, you coulda just asked. All food is fair game with me, you know that. One thing that concerns me is that a bunch of stuff was taken (in-game), and I hope it was a plot thing, and not just people being jerks.

Like I said before, I did sooo much this weekend. I was the only Master Sage who was awake 24/7, and it was nice to feel useful, but I can't help but feel like I could have done more than inescapably bind criminals and cook. ^_^ Maybe next time...! (**snickers evilly**)

I loved our role-playing, Shale, and I hope that everyone enjoys Atrum as the new King. It's good to have you back, Man! ^_^

Love,
Jasmine
"Unlesss you're cooking, baking, or eating, get the heeeellll outta my kitchen!" ~ Jasmine, August event
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

Well, I think this is becoming an old song, but this was my favorite event to date.

I loved the new site, the layout is great, RUNNING WATER FTW!!!

I liked the plots, alot of good problem solving and fighting took place, I really liked the battle at the keep with Eli and myself holding off the Zombie Lizardmen, I also really enjoyed the battles against the Juggernaut and the personal conflict I had in having to kill Addison to truely destroy the Juggernaut....

I thought the roleplaying and interactions of the pc's and npc's alike was superb, and had an absoulte blast on saturday night with "Super Secret Snacky Time: TOWN EDITION"

I do think the most memorable thing about the entire event was the scene of Ian's memorial. It was by far one of the most dramatic things I have ever been involved with in rp or larp ever. I must say that damn if Heidi didnt make it hard to not cry with her roleplaying Delayne's sorrow of losing Ian, and Scott's gutteral scream as we laid Ian on the prye....It was truely something that almost seemed scripted but was totally intense, and btw Phil...damn you man and your dreams, I promise between you and Taki's dreams you have delivered to me, I dont think Voralen is going to sleep anymore!

Overall thank you to everyone for all the hardwork and dedication they put in on this one and I cant wait until June!

And Another Special Thanks to our two wonderful cooks and awesome Baker! You guys make it so that we dont ever want to wander far from the inn, so that we dont miss fresh stew, chicken, or baked goodies!

(c:

Brett
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Kels
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kels »

"OUR COWS DRUNKER THEN YOUR COW!!!!!!"

Damn you Matt you beat me to it!!!!!!!

I had a Great time. This event was really good. The new site is just the cats pajamas! LOL The event realy messes with Kels's head cuz of Ian. but it was great...... great.

Thanx to the GM's and NPC's you guys Rule as always!!!!!!

~Scott
"Fear is only in your mind."

Captain of the Black Talon Unit
"Leadership is found, not chosen."
Phoenix Guard

Dick VERMEIL is a smooth mother

"If it moves Shoot it!"
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Awesome event

Post by cole45 »

This event was great, and it's going to be hard for winterhaven to live up to it.

I love that the combats were very intellectual, more than just raw stick jockey type stuff. The Role Playing was awesome. Leaving us alone for Ians funeral was great. That was probably the best raw roleplaying I'll ever see. with Delayne balling, i doubt there was a tearless eye down there.

I'm not sure I like the seperation of the Fort and the INn. Sen had about half as many customers as usual. maybe next time I'll have to come over to the fort and set some food up or something so the order can get fed. hehehe.

I love the site. it's in BFE AND close to Kzoo...how the hell...

I loved the running water and the showers. The barracks feel really added to the atmosphere. so did the utter lack of streetlights.

Todd and Jim: AWESOME!

Adam as the souless Juggernaught: awesome!

Quote:

"COULD YOU BE MORE VAGUE?" -Ugg. and he about killed the GM.

I never felt as in character as I did this time. especially fighting the Jugger.

"Donovan you have to kill him, your the only one who can!" And then D drops his shield and beats down the J with 4 calls. Amazing!

so many people brought back from the brink of death. I was at -56 myself.

This event was just tasty.
Travis Cole
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

Excellent event. Loved the site and the RPing was amazing. This event had great plot variety and opportunities for everyone to shine. I thought having the people split into two groups added very interesting dynamics, especially since there is no line of sight between the fort and inn. Definitely adds to the fear factor when travelling between the two. I can't wait till next time to venture out into the forests a bit more and see what else awaits.
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

The event was pretty cool. I enjoed the friday night combats with the lizardmen and the bears tremendously. The larger shield Nelkie made me worked out well, though Wayne's little flip hit to the shoulder was a PITA. Well done sir.

The only thing I missed was the puzzle plot. I love sitting with the sages trying to get hints to solve the puzzle that turns out to have one number misplaced. :)
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

Well I can certainly say it was one of the most interesting times in my life! I told this to some people but the way Ian died, to some diseased Lizardmen was just so appropiate for him.. to die a soldiers death in a moslty unimportant battle! beautiful.. and then to have Delayne and Shale be the ones who are there for the failed Rez, and the people that came to pay respects to the body.. and then of course the most awesome funeral.. and to be honest I was shocked at how many people showed up and even spoke up about Ian.. for me it was totally amazing! I want to thank everyone for that..even the NPC's that killed me!!

As for the location, I do love it and I hope to get out more next event to do more!

Thanks everyone and Kudo's to the GM's!
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

I added a few photos to the Flickr group

Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Dayum... Way nice Wayneo
Last edited by Onimaster on Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

That picture of Kels is freekin Awesome!!

~the Lunatic fringe~
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

Yeah, what Todd said...
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

Awsome Kels pic!
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.