event feedback

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

Bob-Z (kabre)
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Bob-Z (kabre) »

Re: Todd's post,

Absolutely! Just a few of you rolling up on us wouldn't have been nearly as exciting as the group you put together -- thre prelude to, and the begining of that battle was definately the coolest part of the event for me. I agree that the tabbard system is a great idea, but in this particular instance -- under these unusual circumstances -- even if they had tabbards, I still would have been second guessing everything.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

They did have tabbards. I gave them 12.

And, last time I'll say this, NPCs need to declare what they are as soon as a PC sees them.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Just to clarify, everyone was told that if they chose to swing crush they were to take vorpal damage, but I'm sure there are many instances when a couple of the players know the rules better than a couple of the NPC's :oops:
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Feedback

Post by Nelkie »

I do not mean any disrespect and I'm just giving my constructive critizm so the game can become better. I had no NPC in mind when writing my post and mean no offense. I believe in what the NPC's are doing and support the game 100%.
My Thoughts

Aaron
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Yeah, I can think of a couple of those same PCs making boo boos too. Someone with a spear doing crush comes to mind... :D
Kale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kale »

You mean the octopus tentacle? ;-)
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

Flesh golem special crush ability isnt weapon specific like the crush skill.

Monsters do not follow the same rules :)

Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

I can see it for claws or bite or certain other things, but a spear? The length of it is just gross when considering crush. At least a two handed hammer is unwieldy (we've all used the maul, I think)
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Eric

Post by Nelkie »

Eric,

You just did not like the spear because it kick your and everyone else but. It made it harder and more fun didn't it? As brad said, it was an octupus tencale that lashed out.
My Thoughts

Aaron
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Dallid wrote:They did have tabbards. I gave them 12.
We will use the tabbards next time. Unfortunately I did not know you gave us any until right now. Of Course I was heavily medicated at the event.
Dallid wrote:And, last time I'll say this, NPCs need to declare what they are as soon as a PC sees them.
We need to find a better solution than this. As an NPC nothing is more frustrating than being in costume and being pulled out of scene by "What do I see". I think with the tabbard system we can come up with a tabbard style that is for generic NPCs and state that if you see someone wearing one, you are free to ask what you see
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

You did give us tabbards, and I had them (three different colors if I'm not mistaken) the problem is that there was no system in place as to what colors, designate what. I realize sometimes you'll have to ask 'what do I see' but if we get a standard system where you have, say..
An NPC walks up in a Green Tabbard, with a thin Grey Tabbard over it, you know your looking at an Orc in Full Plate.

Doug, or Evan if you see this, could you guys give me a run down of what colors are for what races at CARPs? I'd like to keep them similar for simplicity.

~fin~
Kathryn Skress
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kathryn Skress »

I, of course, am neither Evan nor Roy nor Doug, but so far as I know the color and designation of tabards so far are:
White for undead, green for orcs or goblins, Red for fire elementals and Kobolds...

I'm making some for CARPS now and using also purple for royalty (which probably isn't a thing at FH, but anyway...)

You could probably also use red for Dwarves. There's such a wide variety of colors available in 100% cotton at $1.99 a yard at JoAnns...
Kale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kale »

I'm not sure how I feel about a regular race and a creature race being portrayed by the same color.

John: "Oh sweet! The Dwarves are comin back into town, I needed to talk to them."

Jack: "Keep them elves away from em. I know, lets rush up and meet with them so we can go talk in private for a moment."

John: "Good idea!!"

*races to the NPCS*

NPC: "2 fire! 2 fire! fiiiiiiiiiiiive CRUSH!"

Jack: *thud*

John: "DIE YOU FLAMING DWARVEN SCUM!!"

NPC: "Uh, dude, I'm a fire elemental."

;-)
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

IMHO, a PC should never have to ask 'What do I see', unless the NPC doesn't realize he's been spotted.

The moment an NPC sees a PC looking at him, he should immediately declare what he is.

This is more realistic, as the PC can then have an immediate response to what he sees (flee, charge, challange, call for help, etc.).

It also reduces the OOG effect. Instead of having an OOG conversation, there is merely a declaration.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Actually, what's also a problem is when npcs have no idea that the pcs are there and we have no way of knowing how many or what we are looking at. Walking up oog blows the entire surprise effect and it blows to find out it was a group of 4 injured gavin that Arthos and I could have just swept through rather than the 20 we thought there might have been.