event feedback

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

Kale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kale »

I think the NPCs need little signs that say what they are ;)

Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

That would be great! The signs could sometimes be in other languages so the sages would now have something to do at many more encounters. :P
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

signs need to glow...
Lao
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lao »

In all seriousness if anyone does have a solution to this problem of NPC/monsters I would be very interested in hearing it.

So far I have heard a bunch of stuff that has been tried already and none of it works well in practice although it looks great in paper.

Todd:
CARPS has not defined the colors of the tabards to mean anything. We wanted them more as a way of designating monsters VS PC's. For example if we have an enemy army attacking that consists of undead and fire elementals. We will have all the NPC's playing undead wear white tabards and all the ones playing fire elementals wearing red tabards. We dont actually have a list of green = orcs red=kobolds blue=dragons simply because there are too many different monsters.

We do however try and use the orange sash system as a way of designating multiples. Each sash = 5 so if someone is wearing red and has an orange sash in the example above they would be 5 fire elementals. What this really amounts to is one really big fire elemental since in general the NPC isnt to stop playing them until all 5 are dead. At which time they may have a reset point/count that they must achieve before coming back in as 5 more. If the person had on 2 orange sashes then they would be 10 of the monster. We try not to use groups of monsters bigger then 10 in number as the first two sashes are easy to identify since they make a big X on the person. More then two and it gets really confusing to count sashes.

So I guess in general what we are currently using is the rule of common sense. We have not actually had a mass battle where the tabards have been used yet...well since we have only had them for one event. I will be sure to include this in our NPC meeting for this sunday that per suggestion from FH, CARPS needs a mass battle to test out the tabard system. :)

Seriously if anyone has any suggestions of good ways to handle this please post them.

Thanks,
Evan
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

eh glow taking too long with MSpaint...