Days to come

Townsmen with the shakes huddle around the glowing embers of what may have been a roaring fire. Speak quick, lest thee be to long in the open!

Moderator: Admin

Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*Just before Atrum disappears around the corner just after Pugo approaches the fire*
But of Course Pugo
*Continues along his way*
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Amagus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Amagus »

“Bah! I have too few years remaining to prance daintily around social moors and sensitive feelings. How I envy you Elves and your longevity. Yes, know my desires – use them to manipulate me. Help me to obtain them and you will discover me a most superb servant.”

“Indeed are there many forms of power, but only a few that truly matter. Politics – HA! What care I for the welfare of peasants or budget balances? All it does is drain one dry of time and vitality. Best leave politics to those who enjoy meddling in the affairs of others. And wealth in of itself is a worthless thing, save for those who crave admiration for its ownership. Wealth is but a tool of acquirement – merely a means, though sometimes a requirement, for attaining ones true desires.”

“The Arcane is but a subset and product of Knowledge, but both are indeed my focus and fascination. Nothing else matters.”

“And what of you, Arthos? Do you wear your desires upon your sleeve? Do you seek anything more than controlled order – safety and security – a true Haven in the chaos of this world?”
Death is the threshold to immense possibility
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Amagus

Post by Nelkie »

*Arthos smiles*

What I desire is simple, but very comlex and diffuclt to achieve. I wish to be part in creating a place in this world that is called haven and if fact being truly a haven. I want to help create a land where any race, or person my enter and be safe. The land is nutral and does not take part in others power struggels. A place where outcasts, stangers, and people who wish to live in peace may call home. All would be welcomed if they are willing to live by rules. Of course this will take time, detication, and sacerfice. I want to create a place that I would be happy to call home.
My Thoughts

Aaron
Amagus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Amagus »

Amagus grins wide.

“Ah, neutrality. Such requires complete independence – no alliances or other dependencies may be tolerated, be they military, trade, or anything else. And yet, for the safety you desire Haven must command such power that hostile forces dare not approach. It must be stronger indeed than all other powers in the world combined!”

“Then you and I share common cause. I desire Power. You desire the safety and security provided by such power. As you say – this requires time, dedication, and sacrifice.”

“But you are out of time. Even now Haven lags behind in the race for dominance. If you wish to stand alone and hold the rest of the world at bay, you need far more resources than this one small town can hope to provide. Your neighbors MUST be absorbed. You MUST be willing to see this achieved with ACTION, dedication, and sacrifice."
Pugo Redfang
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Pugo Redfang »

*Pugo look sat the old man with eyes of fire. Than snarls at him as he begins to speak.*

"You power...... you like the jade serpent... (snarls) you are long ears of grom. "

*Pugo turns at this point to follow Atrum.*

"Athros we talk to when moon is high in the night sky if you can.
Vaun I came back to talk to you when I am not so in a rage"
Amagus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Amagus »

Amagus lets loose a chilling cackle and shakes his head.

“The Gavin has it backwards.”
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Nelkie »

Amagus, Power is part of the equation to achieve the goal of a netural Haven, but so is diplomicy, understanding, and time.

*Arthos turns to Pugo*

When the moon is high we will talk. Come and find me in the Inn or by the fire.
My Thoughts

Aaron
Amagus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Amagus »

“Wrong. Power is all you need for your Haven. Understanding – knowledge of your neighbors, Diplomacy – manipulation of your neighbors, and warfare – conquest of your neighbors, are but the tools to achieve it.”

Amagus holds up a hand as Arthos opens his mouth to reply.

“When I arrived in Haven I sensed great potential and began an immediate investigation of it. Only at the conclusion of the Forum had I surmised this small town possessed all the necessities to rise up into a nation. I was disappointed in only three things:”

“Haven’s government is a chaotic tangle breeding much dissention. I see considerable effort made to address this, and with proper guidance this town may well become strongly unified.”

“Many here focus their efforts at maintaining the ethics of a bygone era, rather than at addressing the reality of the present. They therefore hamper and bind themselves needlessly, floundering pointlessly in a mire of morality. They must learn to toss such ethics aside – grab hold of every advantage they can, use every tool at their disposal – until after a society strong enough to support their beloved ethics is forged. They must do this or Haven will die by their self-imposed limitations.”

“And lastly, Haven knows almost nothing of its neighbors. This Understanding must be had. With it, The Fishing Village, the Lizard Folk, and even the Beastmen may be brought to heel with naught more than words.”

“Haven has done much for the Fishing Village. A simple task of diplomacy should be all that’s necessary to merge the two settlements completely. But you must Understand them, first – know their wants and desires and you will know how best to manipulate them.”

“Lizard Folk by nature are very territorial. They would make an ideal defensive guard and police force. By contrast Beastmen are raiders – much more offensive in nature. They’d make fine shock troops. The bounty of Haven and the Fishing Village may be used to entice them to join us, as would catering to their natures. But again, Understanding must first be had to properly manipulate them.”

“Yes, gain this understanding, and Haven may greatly increase its power without bloodshed – without loss of resources.”