Days to come

Townsmen with the shakes huddle around the glowing embers of what may have been a roaring fire. Speak quick, lest thee be to long in the open!

Moderator: Admin

Ravinal
Town Member
Town Member

Days to come

Post by Ravinal »

*Ravinal sits in front of the fire, poking the coals with a half burned stick. His sword sits at his side, ready to grab incase of danger. His armor and weapon have seen quite a many battles, as well as recent intense training. There is no worry or regret on his face. He is seated in the same place he sat years before.

As he looks to the night sky; he smiles. *

"What is to come on these next days and nights. *He sighs his restlessness* "What have we truly earned by being here?"
Last edited by Ravinal on Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deceased
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Walks up to the fire to warm up after what looks like searching for awhile off in the wilderness. She stares off into it while she is warming up mumbling.*

Where are you? I just need a trace...somethin'. I need to find you. It's all what I though....damn it where are you?

*Looks over and notices Ravinal. She quickly flashes a smile.*

Rav...how goes it?
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

Vaun, in contrast to Ravinal's apparent weapons, had none to be seen. She sat like new fallen snow before the fire, silent and colorless. It was her wont to simply sit and be, but she rarely engaged others in speach or replied to quaries posed her.

Ravinal, however, she respected. In a soft voice she answered, "What is to come? T'is a question I can answer for thee, though thou may not like what thou learns." The Seer shrugged. "As for Haven... the way is veiled, even from me. Too much hinges on the deeds and decisions of too few."

It seemed that was all she was going to say when, after a long time she spoke again, clearly having thought about her words carefully. "Life is not always about earned or not, deserved or underserved. Ill befalls good folk, fortune can favor the wicked. There is no reason, t'is simply the way of things. Yet, serving a cause, or standing firm in the face of the gale, these are worthy things. In the end, one only ever earns the right to have lived. Whether that life was for good or ill is both a personal estemation, and relative. We are all but transient guests, winds on the greater tempests."

Now she did fall silent.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Looks over at Vaun*

What if one knows what is comin', but just unsure as of when? All their instincts tell them is soon.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Ravinal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ravinal »

*Ravinal seems solid in his convictions. His face shows his normal calm.*
"Well, I am no longer scared for my end. I have found my long lost wife and child. And I have come to peace with both of them. I know my end as I've always known it. The way of the warrior, the protector, ends in death. The only thing I can't accept is how I am back. Other's say I should accept it and be happy. I can't do that.

I died. And now for what seems like no reason at all, Im back. I have my own purposes for my life. I would just like to know who else has their own for my life."

*He looks somewhat less sure of himself after his last statement.*

"Im tired." *He gains alittle strength in his voice. "Yet, I will stand in the way of any danger, if it'd mean I save atleast one life."
Last edited by Ravinal on Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deceased
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

The Storm Elf turned her odd violet eyes toward the flame haired youth. She gave careful consideration to her reply and then said, "If 'what' is known, then 'when' is of little consequence. All such things are relative. If thy instincts tell thee 'soon', then listen. Intuition is a warriors best defence. Those that fail to heed such innate knowledge usually die, quickly." She paused, thinking again. "I knew, once, a Wind Reaver, a Mystic of another order from myself. He said that to be a warrior was to be ever watchful, for battles arise on all fronts. The heart must be eternally bold and still, the mind sharp and aware. A battle met in heart and mind is far more telling than those on the field of conquest. Fail to be srong of heart and mind, and thy battle is already lost."

She shrugged. "Be still, be patient. Take what time thou art granted to hone thy skills and weapons. The wind whispers that thy battle shall be joined soon enough."

Vaun studied the very wolf-like human for some time. She recalled his tale, the events which had come to pass for him. Her soft voice was thoughtful when she spoke.

"It is wise to wonder what forces greater than thyself might have a hand in thy path. It is wise to be ever aware of the threads of fate woven about thee. It is wise to take precautions that thou becom not a pawn of others' will." She paused. "It is unwise to dwell on that which cannot be Seen or changed. What is and shall be will come to pass, whether thou will it or nay. Chose thy way and stand as a rock in the storm. Yield but a little, and thy foundations can crumble."
Amagus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Amagus »

“A fine question, Ravinal.” States Amagus as he hobbles forth. “Just how might your life serve another’s purpose? You have all ready stated one way. What more might you have to offer? What might you say is your worth?”
Death is the threshold to immense possibility
Ravinal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ravinal »

*Ravinal poorly mimics Vauns soft speak, though his manner is gentle enough.*

"I suppose it is unwise to dwell on any thought past it's supposed time. Yet, it's been through dwelling on these thoughts and memories that I've gained back much that I've lost, since my death.*

*He smiles and turns his head to Amagus. Ravinal breathes a sigh once again. His voice increases alittle in volume in compairson to what it was before.*

"As I said, friend, my purpose is my own. And that would be to defend haven where I can. Atleast that is where my current path leads me." *His smile widens.* "Haphazard as this path may seem."
deceased
Amagus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Amagus »

Amagus nods thoughtfully and turns to the Storm Elf.

“And what of you, Vaun? Why do you dwell here among foreign races?”
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

The white haired Elven and Valkin'vi looking woman turned her odd eyes upon the magus who addressed her. She did not recall ever having spoken to him, but had seen him about. She would have been surprised that he knew her name, save for the fact that he was magus, like herself, and a mage's coin was their lore and information.

She regarded him long, her sharp features still and wintery. Finally she said, "Because, like so many others, I have little other recourse. Of all the Vau'An'Dar, I alone seem to have survived the cataclism which rent our world. If indeed any of my kind have survived, there is no ship now that can bear me hence to them, for all that lies that way is lost."

This pronouncement did not come with sorrow or emotion of any real kind, simply a matter-of-fact. "I have been many places since then, willing or no. I do not like it here anymore than I liked it anywhere else. However, the folk here seem more... accepting of that which is... unusual." A slightly self-effacing smile ghosted upon her black painted lips. She was well aware that she was the only Storm Elf to have walked the face of the Phantaran mainland in many centuries.

SHe finally shrugged, an eloquent gesture. "I dwell among foriegn folk not of choice, for my people have ever kept to ourselves, slaying any and all who would tresspass upon our seas. Yet, as Fate hath lain my cards, so here I remain. There are some things about this settlement I do not find disagreable. For the most part, at least here I am granted the peace to practice my arts and follow my path. That is all I ask, and more than I expected."
Amagus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Amagus »

“And where do you expect that path to take you?”
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Watches the banter.*

Well, I'm warmed up enough. I think I'll go resume my search or do somethin'...interestin'.

Vaun, Rav...have fun.
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

Vaun gave a slight nod to Kidwynn, but her dark violet eyes were trained intently upon Amagus. There was a hint of curiousity in her countinence, and wariness as well.

"Thou art full of quaries, Magi. What of thine own self? Two winters now I hath seen in this place, thou art but recently come. What of thyself? I have heard little of thee. As for my path, I am a Mystic, Storm Dancer of Winter Moon, not that such would mean much to thee."

Her voice was soft, as usual.
Amagus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Amagus »

“Heh heh. I have spent a lifetime asking questions, for I find strength in every answer. Indeed by doing so did I become quite strong, once. But then did everything change, the knowledge I had painstakingly collected no longer applied, and so here I am now – weak as a newborn babe with a renewed desire for answers.”

“A shared desire, so it seems. An exchange, perhaps? Answer my question, and I shall answer one of yours. And thus might we proceed.”
Ravinal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ravinal »

*Nods a farewell to Kidwynn to late for her to notice before her departure.*
deceased