The gathering of ashes

Townsmen with the shakes huddle around the glowing embers of what may have been a roaring fire. Speak quick, lest thee be to long in the open!

Moderator: Admin

DrakelenasElderich
Town Member
Town Member

The gathering of ashes

Post by DrakelenasElderich »

*In the wakeing hours of the morning before the sun has risen, Drake walkes out to the fire pit. The fire itself has been extinguished from the heavy rains that continue to fall down from the heavens. He drops down to one knee with his arm placed across his chest. He bows his head and stays there for a moment lost in his thoughts. The rain and wind beat upon his body as he shutters from the cold. Yet he shows no sign of letting it stop him from his task. Drake stands up, snaps to attention, places his right arm across his chest and begins to talk softly to himself*

"To Commander Claude du Sinjin of Deshaine, proud member of the Phoenix Knights. Loyal guardsman, loyal friend. May we remember you for your courage and leadership. Let no man speak ill your name. The Phoenix will miss your guidence and wisdom. May you rest."

*Drake reaches in his pouch and pulls out a piece of paper and begins to read from it*

"The Phoenix flies the sky alone
searching for something below in the mist
knowing that once lost, it cannot be found
and that life as he knows it must soon not exist
He lands and gathers his thoughts
the Phoenix weeps softly, he is so tired
he stands proudly, and spreads his grand wings
and is soon consumed by his own fire
All he knows, and all he as done
ends for him on this day
as the fire dies, and the ashes cool
it will never be the same way
After the third day a new Phoenix rises
from the ashes it returns, and is now reborn
to start again, this new life of his continues
only now he free of all, and no longer torn
The Phoenix lives in all of us
a small part in all our lives,
it's the part that sets us free
to start each new chapter of our lives
for you see, the Phoenix here is inside of me"

*Drake places the paper back into his pouch and wipes the tears from his eyes*

*As the rain falls upon his face Drake starts to gather up all of the ashes in the pit, placeing them into a container. When he has gathered up as many that he can he looks up towords the heavens and smiles.* "May the light bless these ashes." *He then begins his walk into the woods around the Haven, spreading out the ashes*
Drakelenas Elderich
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

Delayne had stood nearby, in shadows and silence, her dark cloak wet from the rain, clinging to her like a second skin. She watches Drake go and then sits on the edge of the fire pit.

Her voice is quiet and gentle. "Bless you, Claude du Sinjin. As Phoenix teaches us, that which cannot be cleansed, must be consumed, that the soul might heal, and find peace, to return to the purity of existance's true form. May it be that the flames that consumed the remains of your earthly form cleansed your essence. May you now know, without a doubt, you were never forsaken, and never will be."

Then, she stands and wanders off.
Mike: For the majority of you, choosing to use a packet instead of a weapon is a hindrance because your aims suck.

Travis: Crap he is on to me.
Ravinal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ravinal »

*From within the in, Ravinal notices Drake speaking outside. He walks out and hears Drake's speech. After Drake and Delayne finish saying what needed to be said; Ravinal walks up. And as Drake had done, Ravinal raises his forearm to his chest in salute. The rain falls upon his stone faced visage. And as he had done too many times that day, out of respect for the fallen: Ravinal kisses his palm and places it to the earth.*

"These deaths are too much to bare." *His expression does not change*

*As he rises*

"And yet we still go on. You have taught me much, Sir. I will speak with my actions, as honor has bound me."

*Ravinal steps back and stands there. His cloak waving; his armor.....rusting. He stands there for the sake of not only Sir du Sinjin, but for all who had fallen for Haven. Yet still, for all who are willing to do what they must.*
deceased
Sethreal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sethreal »

*Sethreal walks out of the Inn, and moves to the fire pit with tears already in his eyes.*

"When strength fails, when hope fails, we will stand until the last shadow falls."

*Seth then brings his right hand to his chest.*

"Your name will never be forgotten, Claude Du Sinjin."

*Seth then turns and walks towards the next grave......*
Former captain of the Azure Shields.
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

*also stepping up to the firepit, stops a few feet away, and salutes*

"Claude, you suffered so much in your time here in Haven, and you fought as long as possible until the Darkness took you.. I am with Delayne in hoping that the cleansing fire can purify your body and soul and once again become a part of Phantara's Light. Your actions and your words will not be forgotten.. rest well my friend."

*With that said he looks around to the peopl outside*

"Excuse me all but could you join me inside for a moment."
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

*Seated on his stump overlooking the valley below, Donovan listens to the words of his friends with an even expression on his face. On hearing Ian speak he rises and comes to stand before the fire.*

"The cleansing fire may have purified his body, but I do not yet know where his soul rests. It may be lost to us for the moment, but the Claude Du Sinjin of Deshaine will come to his rest in the halls of our honored dead. His soul belongs to the Light, and the Light means to claim it."

*Saying nothing more, Donovan follows Ian inside.*
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.