Scouting Mission

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Scouting Mission

Post by Ian_McAllister »

*Ian walks out of the Inn carrying a small pack, as people come out to meet him he addresses them*

"Allright, our mission here is to be quick and silent.. we are to scout out the surrounding area for any signs of large scale encapments.. old or new. I would like to keep enemy engagements to a minimum, and if we do meet with anything we try to talk first, fight last.."
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!
Ravinal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ravinal »

"Well, of course. Captain Kels is no where in sight. We should have time to talk first."

*Ravinal says this as the hints of a smile play across his face. As he sniffs around the immediate area, he also checks the fit of his armor. Scratches, dents, and scraps of dried blood still cover the many times repaired armor.*
deceased
Aislynne
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aislynne »

Aislynne approaches the group and waits for a break before she begins to speak;

"Hello Ian. I have my resources and I am ready to travel"

With that Aislynne leavs up against the tree and waits silently for more instruction.
If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything
Sethreal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sethreal »

*When Ian comes out of the Inn, Seth is leaning on the Inn waiting to leave.*
Former captain of the Azure Shields.
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

*Looks around at his small goup and smiles*

"Excellent, thank you all for coming.. now let us move out quickly, but carefully.. we all know about the dangers facing us out there *spreads his arms our wide* so let us see if we can help out our friends here in Haven and give'em a little advance warning."

*With that said, Ian leads Ravinal, Aislynne, and Sethreal out of Haven and into its surroundings.. Letting Ravinal check for tracks when necessary and at night having someone climb into the tallest tree that can be found, looking for signs of campfires in the distance.*
Nothing can save you!
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

After several hours, the perimeter all but complete, the realization that there are no predators in the area is both relieving and unsettling. It were as if all potential enemies, whether man or beast, had evacuated the areas in and around Haven. The stillness, the silence carried a weight that finding a camp of enemies could never have done. By the time the perimeter was complete, the only sounds were the leaves crinkling beneath the scouts' feet, the occasional chatter amongst the group, and the soft but high pitched whistle of the wind that promised the approach of winter. In the end, it was clear that the place called Haven was truly alone...
Ravinal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ravinal »

*Ravinal stops and looks around. Absently sniffing the air around him*

"This is unnatural. There should be, something....anything here. And yet, there is nothing. I feel that everything may have ran away from something .....something big. Or whatever is here, hides better than I can sense. I think my first option is true."
deceased
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

*looks around to the group*

"I think you might be right on both accounts Ravinal.. I believe the other residents of Haven have sensed the approaching danger and have decided to depart, while I believe others have decided to hole up and see what is going to happen in the coming months."

*looks thoughtful*

"Although I would prefer to return to the Duke and the Preceptor with more information, I believe it would be prudent to get back to Haven and see if anything new has developed. What say everyone?"
Nothing can save you!
Sethreal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sethreal »

*Sethreal has a concerned look on his face as he speaks to Ian.*

"I do not like this at all. Granted it is peaceful, but when has Haven ever been this quiet?"
Former captain of the Azure Shields.
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

"I agree wholeheartedly Sethreal, and that is why I believe if we have not found anything by now we should make our way back to Haven and let the others know what we have , or more specifically NOT found... At the very least when the times comes, it looks like it may only be the Evil Dragon himself, and whatever flunkies he can scare up to fight, rather than ALL of our enemies.."
Nothing can save you!
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

(OOC) Unless anything else can be found in the area surrounding Haven the scouting team will head back.
Nothing can save you!
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

and back they go