Returns from the woods.

Townsmen with the shakes huddle around the glowing embers of what may have been a roaring fire. Speak quick, lest thee be to long in the open!

Moderator: Admin

Aislynne
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aislynne »

Aislynne looks to Shale and watches the puff of smoke in a scroll pattern from his lips. She stands up to warm her backside by the fire then turns to Shale and Audry...

"I think learning to fight is the least of our villagers worry. Its much more important to learn how to read, write, and learn how to cure the ones who are brave enough to go into battle, and there are already too many full of pride and blinded by it, who will run into unescapable battles and each time we end up having to bring them back from the work beyond...If you ask me, I think we'd be much better having brains back us not braun!"

She then looks to the fire and grabs the material of her skirt to sit down then places the velvet around her and fixes the cloak to stop the cold from entering near her body.
If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Shale nods to Aislynne with a smile and a wink, "Well said." Following suit he shifts his cloak to make the hot parts close to himself and the still cold cloth closer to the fire.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Audry
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Audry »

*Audry turns around in front of the fire to warm her other side scanning the darkness as she spoke.... a little agitated but thoughtful.....*

I understand the need for reading and writing. It is a great need; however the ga'vin, dark elves that do not dwell among us, the ogres and many more predators are still a huge threat to the villagers.

I would think that they would want to learn to defend themselves against such creatures first, so their crops and homes do not continually get burned..... Yes there is a need for reading and writing and most especially medicinal arts but I would hope they would learn to survive first in order to profit from that learning.

I agree that there are many who go brandishing their weapons without much thought, I pray I am not among them. However, last moon there was a man from the villiage who had brought food back to his people and told the others that HE had taken it from the Ogers, like some kind of hero…he had lied about this and his skill with a weapon.

Soon a young boy who looked up to this man, went out to the ogers to be like this man. The boy was enslaved by the ogers. Lucky the man was not to proud to ask for help. A group of us from Haven went to get the boy. NO blade was brandished, we ended up trading 2 bolts of cloth for the safe return of this young boy. This would not happen if these people had any skill with a weapon.

*Audry turns back around and warms the other side...rubbing her hands together...giving Aislynne and Shale a look from the corner of her eye then back to the fire.*
Audry
member of Gryffin Guild
member of Dead Ladies Society

“The old father wove the skein of your like long ago. Go hide in a hole if you wish. You won’t live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man NOTHING!”
Aislynne
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aislynne »

" I did not mean to offend thee"

She gives a Audry and knowing and sorrowful look.

"I agree there is a need to learn how to defend thyself. But it just seems like between the Duke's army and the many adventurers my hope is that the villiagers would not have to fight. As talanted as shale and the sages here are, they are not so skilled in the art of fighting as yourself. However I am sure that if an academy is started they would not be against the idea of having those more talented in fighting and defense to teach the villiagers".

She looks to Shale almost as if she were to ask a question...
Audry
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Audry »

*Audry turns to listen to Aislynne... as she says "I did not mean to offend thee she." she smiles a sad smile, stops rubbing her hands. Her look is still serious...but not agitated. *

I'm not easily offended. I am sorry Aislynn. I just believe that survival should be taught first, that includes healing arts. Other types of learning are very important too... I agree.

*looks over at Shale*
This is Shale's Academy anyway.... he will do what he thinks is best.
Audry
member of Gryffin Guild

“The old father wove the skein of your like long ago. Go hide in a hole if you wish. You won’t live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man NOTHING!”
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Shale's eyes float back and forth as the two women talk passionately about their views.

Finally he takes a moment to ponder his thoughts then looks up to Audry. "A trained warrior can use a sword to defeat a man, a woman, or a beast. They can stand fast and protect his or her home. But, a trained intellect can work wonders, move mountains, reshape reality, feed villages, and win wars. " His tone is even and confidant as he smiles, "Now, if we can get skilled warriors with trained intellects that would be something to be respected. So, that said, I think we should work on education first. There are many strong warriors here willing to protect them, and there has been so much hardship lately these people need food and shelter more than a sword in their hands. Of course, those who want such training won't be turned away either."

He looks over to meet Aislynne's gaze. He smiled disarmingly and raised an eyebrow trying to entice her to ask her question.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Shale

Post by Nelkie »

*Arthos over hearing about the acdemdy walks over*

I couldn't help over hearing talk about an acdemy to teach and train people. This has been a talked about for some time now, but unfortunately no open action has taken place. Let me know what you need to make the acdemy a reality, and I'll see what I can do make it happen.
My Thoughts

Aaron
Aislynne
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aislynne »

"I agree with Arthos, and I am also willing to do what I can to help start the academy, with everyone to pitch in we have nothing to lose and everything to gain".

"Shale, I ask of you to please see to it that you see me if you need anything at all"

With that Aisylnne leans back on the stump and tries to warm her cold feet by the heat of the flames. She gives Shale a sheepish smile and then looks to Audry to see if there is still the same aggitation in her glance.
Audry
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Audry »

*Audry has been looking into the fire is deep in thought. *

It is obvious that there are very different kinds of people with differing beliefs and ideals living here. As long as we are all trying to work together, helping one another and helping those who can not help themselves it matters little how, as long as there is benefit. We do have differing opinions....

*Looks over at Shale and gives him a warm smile*
but I would never try and tell anyone how to do something, they had it in them to do. An academy is a very valuable thing, we all agreed. I am grateful to have my views heard with an open mind, and taken into account.

*Looks over at Arthos and Aislynne with concerned look*
I would offer my help to start the academy, but soon I will be occupied with something very dear to my heart. When it has arrived and is safe. I would be more than willing to help in anyway I am able.

*She stands up, scans the treeline, and turns around to warm her backside. mumbles to herself*

Too bad Haven were not closer to a sea....I would have many more skills to teach.
Audry
member of Gryffin Guild

Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Shale nods to Arthos, “Yes, I stated work at the beginning of the year when we talked about making it in the keep, but my journeys across the lands of haven have taken me many moons with only brief visits back to Haven. What we will really need is written works to fill our libraries and the Duke’s troops to assist us in our build time when we gather the needed supplies. Though, I think that I will not know the full measure this new project will have on our community till after the winter season and spring comes again when I plan to start construction.”

Shale smiles to Aislynne offering his hand, “Good to have your help. I know I am going to need it.”

He chuckles openly at Audry’s soft mumble as his half-elvin ears, and spy training, picking up her almost inaudible statement. “Your views and skills would never be taken for granted Audry. I understand needing time to follow your heart. We all have our toils and personal dreams. I myself have only just divested myself of many burdens to be able to pursue this for everyone’s benefit.” He leans forward slightly as she warms her butt and whispers, “Besides, we’ll need your skills to save us when this floods, and we all drown in the forest while being eaten by aquatic badgers.”
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Funding

Post by Nelkie »

Provide me a blue print of the building you are looking for and I will get it costed out and get funding for it. I will let you know how quickly it can be done once you get me the blue prints.
My Thoughts

Aaron
Audry
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Audry »

* Looks back over at Shale with an eye brow raised, and snickers. Mumbles towards Shale*
I pray no flood nor aquatic badgers will be seen in Haven anytime soon. Some how I would not be THAT surprised.

*Turns around to warm her other side. her look becoming more serious*
If you are going to start this huge project after the winter I will be able to help more. It is my hope that things will be more settled by then. I may even be able to scroung up some written works but I'd need to know what kind you are looking for.

*she turns back to face the fire*
Audry
member of Gryffin Guild

Aislynne
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aislynne »

Aisylnne looks into shales dark face,

"I shall help you anyway I can, but the two of us working together??? ... no good can come of it"

She shoots a evil grin to Shale and lets out a big laugh.

"Never know we both may actully learn something about ourselves and each other!"
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Shale nods to Audry in appreciation, then turns to meet Aislynne’s laugh and evil grin with one of his own. He chuckles deeply and says, “I don’t know, I think there could be some good in some magical fireworks blasting up the countryside and getting to know each other better in the process.” He winks playfully at her as he warms his hands over the fire.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Aislynne
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aislynne »

Aislynne catches Shales wink out of the corner of her eye. She shys her face toward the ground still keeping the evil grin and looking up through her hair, she responds:

"Where you or I go there is sure to be trouble, however I seem to do quite well with a good amount of it and time will tell"