September Event 2005

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

September Event 2005

Post by Kalphoenix »

Oh...
My...
God...

That's the best euphemism I can find to describe this event.

It's about 7pm Sunday night...I'm betting most people are asleep or working or something...I feel like going back to bed myself...my eyes hurt so bad, the only thing I can think of is that I kept them open for 3 days straight.

Everyone really outdid themselves at this one...especially the GMs. Unfortunately, I missed most of Sunday after 6 am or so. I had been sick all week and hadn't sleep...was too reved up to sleep at the event (Except if I fell over), and knew if I slept Sunday morning I wouldn't have been able to drive home.

The acting/roleplaying and creativity was exceptionally good this event...I'm not sure exactly why I feel this way...maybe because things were far more personal (At least for me) at this event. The tension was high, the urgency was felt.

My personally, especially entertaining highlights: The flower pixies at the field, at the cave under the tree stump. The less than combat capable healers usually get the less-than-interesting job of sitting outside of a cave (If it's not too deep, that is) for people to get dragged out to when they need healing. So little pixies were buzzing around, amusing us. Hee hee, they were so cute...well...and they kept putting us to sleep and doing silly things to us (Thanks Matt). Oh, and then we were attacked by bugs. I screamed so loud, I was so startled when Chris climbed on the roof and started "spitting" at us (Which I assume was on top of the tree). It missed me, but only barely, and it interupted my healing so I had to start over. Then they were smart enough to leave a few extra guards out with us.

2nd Highlight: Dragons...you gave me dragons. I spent most of my "free" time Friday and Saturday asking the sages what they knew about dragons until I was directed to Val, who seemed to know the most about a dragon who frequented Haven, the Lady Correl. The creepy/cool part was that I don't think either of us went to talk to any GMs...but ten minutes after we were talking about her, she showed up...EEEEEK! By this time, I was so sleep-deprived, and so in-character, that if I had any pre-concieved notions of what I was going to say, they all went right out of my head. I was literally awestruck.

And then, as we were talking...IT showed up as well. Karen, you are terrific...in a moment, you went from gentle and benevolent to wrathful and terrifying. How he was played with the right amount of unconcerned jovialness and (Don't laugh at me) sexyness...eeek. I was literally in tears by then, I was so freaked out and my emotions were torn in more than one direction.

So awesome...I have few words that would work here. Thanks a million for another terrific event! I know I missed some big things on Sunday...gotta be healthy for the next one.

Also liked all the plots that didn't really go uber dangerous, like the Sevani (Gypsy) party...if I wasn't there and just had heard the drumming and chanting from afar, I would have been so curious.

Also, the many quests that crossed over. For example, the lost dog/weird bread/diseased animals/farmer with lost sheep and the Sevani/wolf with aspect. Running into other parties was weird and cool at the same time as we crossed between stories.

GMs and NPCs (players too) everyone worked really hard to make this amazing.

My vote on the name of this chapter: Heads will Roll
(In honor of all the people who either has slit throats or missing heads...seemed to be the theme of the weekend)
Last edited by Kalphoenix on Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike: For the majority of you, choosing to use a packet instead of a weapon is a hindrance because your aims suck.

Travis: Crap he is on to me.
Ravinal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ravinal »

unprecedented........
By far the best game for me.
All GMs, NPCs, and Players have impressed me to life changing proportions.

thank you all.
deceased
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

We LOVE feedback because it is very hard for us to get a pulse of how an event is going since each gm is not on every plot.

I am getting very excited for thsi game. We are growig continuously which will only add to the excitement of this game. I love that we were able to generally pull it together quickly during check-in and I wantto thank the players with their cooperation.

Great things I enjoyed: Increased visual appeal! Players and GM''s are really trying to increase the visual appeal of the game by wearing good costumes, brining props, and trying to keep the place clean.

Things I would like to see worked on is for all of us (GM's included) is he use of more old world language and less 20th century language.

Great Job to everyone and I promise I will try and not break into ingame moments with little OOC jokes. I know I am prone to it. :(
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

I personally liked the jokes, but that's me. ;)

Yeah, I'm bad for that too :oops: but I'm trying. Gamebreak helps me with that though. I think my biggest problem this time was lack of sleep. I somehow lost the inside of my cot, and the floor was cold, so I didn't sleep.

I want to invest in some boots...I hate wearing sneakers (even if they are hidden under my robe), but sandals and such don't work well in the winter and marshyness. If anyone can suggest an idea that isn't really expensive, let me know.

I need to get working for the winter, so I have money for these kind of things.

Also, I am wondering if anyone has my little tamborine? I am missing one of them. Not a big deal, just wondering if it's around somewhere.

PS: I think the only reason the inn was clean was order-boy. He went all obsessive compulsive on us. (Nice job, by the way.)
Mike: For the majority of you, choosing to use a packet instead of a weapon is a hindrance because your aims suck.

Travis: Crap he is on to me.
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

I'm currently in posession of your tamborine. I have the same problem. No job = low cash flow = wearing sneakers.

Also there was a bag of garbage spilled all over the floor of the kitchen on Saturday night. It was quite gross, but I decided to pick it all up before I went to bed. Shame on who ever knocked it over and didn't pick it up. Shame on those of you who walked by it several times and didn't bother to pick it up.

I'm still sore and dead tired, I will post my feedback later. I will leave you with this, this has been the best event yet. I have also heard many others say the same.

going back to bed for a bit.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

OH that remonded me of 2 things

1) BIG BIG coodos to the plot team. You guys simply rock. What has been awsome about the plots is that there are a TON of levels that I think i could say many were not even touched...but they were there incase you did find them out.

2) I will be bringing scrubby bubbles or some other cleaner next event. If you make a mess in the toliet, like say spitting on the ground...clean it up. It is gross, and it will not be tollerated if I catch you. :)
Chris
DarKarath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by DarKarath »

I just have to say that was by far the most fun i have had doing anything in a group setting, being only my second event i can't say much for comparison but it was AWESOME! I loved on friday night when we went hunting for the wolf and went through the undead lands (my personal favorite place, Like i said chris, im gonna come back and search for myself a corpse bride! LOL) and found the undead, and that shadowy figure that i hit with a banish and then made a new friend ie pissed him off REAL GOOD! I cant wait to meet up with that thing again!

Overall i had a blast, i felt a little ill on both nights, and well damn my bad ankles cause they hurt real bad yesterday! But i do know i cant wait for a month!!!
Formerly DarKarath
Loyal Guardsmen of the Phoenix Guard
Azure Shield Company

Now Working on a new Character...
Aislynne
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aislynne »

I for one had a BLAST. I need to work more on using the right language and making sure to stay in character, but as I am new to the whole gaming thing I still have much to learn ;). If anyone knows anyway to help I'd be very interested in hearing it.

Matt all I have to say is YOU are awesome for the pixies...Thank you Jim for the walk in the woods...I NEEDED that ;). And thank you Olan for saving my sorry behind on more than one occasion this event! I really enjoyed getting to know everyone better, and seeing the new faces.

Thank you for all of you that moved your cars and put away the non-period items it really helped the feel. I think next time at game off we should just have everyone join together and canvas the areas for trash (With all of us working together it would only take us 15-20 mintues-and the GMs could get outta there at a decent time), it is not the GM's responsibility to clean up after all of us PC's. God bless those of you who got our wood, we'd have froze to death without you!

Thank you GM's and PC's for a great time. I am sooooooo looking forward to next time.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

That wood thing was all Matt. :) He rockoors
Chris
Sethreal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sethreal »

All I have to say is, you did it again everyone, you helped me forget about real life for a weekend and have fun as always. Thank you to all.

JJ
Former captain of the Azure Shields.
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Great event, between political stuff that drives itself really and the plots that were brought in I don't think I spent more than a couple of minutes without something going on. Although I really really never needed to find out where Arthos keeps his storehouse key. :shock: There were some very very good roleplaying moments for me as well as some good fighting going on.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

This was a different kind of event me, being Vaun and all. I can’t say as I actually WENT on a single plot. Rather, I sat back in town and watched the goings on there… and the effect the plots had on in town mechanics. All I can say is if a person can stay in town all event and not go on a single plot, and have the amazing time I had, this game is beyond words. There was always something to do, even if it was just sitting back and role playing on a more personal level. I learned a great deal about people’s characters by just watching, and the subtle maneuverings were awesome.

The role playing from everyone was wonderful. I’m with Chris on the desire to keep the 20 c. talk out, as it really detracts from a scene. Also, the junk, again, really needs to be cleaned up. Try to hide modern containers, even if you can’t afford period ones. It helps enhance the feel of the game.

To the people with whom I spent the most time, you know who you are, I love you. You guys made the event for me. And to the pair of elves who have begun to make Vaun rethink her blanket hatred of elves, you are my heroes. ^_^

Chris: Sorry for the ball grab. *laugh* Not that I think you mind. ^_~ That scene and fight by the Inn was the highlight of the event for me. Thanks for bringing out the berserker in my otherwise icy character. You know I love ya, babe.

All in all, I loved this event. It was really nice to not have to run off and be in charge, but get to just sit back and enjoy the ride. The plots, that I saw, were amazing, and had people really pulling together to figure it all out. Thank goodness the next event is in only 4 weeks… I don’t know if I could wait longer than that.
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

First off, I'd like to thank Karen for Friday night *wink* okay okay. I'd like to thank Karen, Wayne and Sam(?) for Friday night. I very like that you incorperated us into something like that. Karen was great as always and I liked Wayne playing The Great and Powerful... (sorry, again I forgot then name) and Sam's story atop the hill. I wish we could of stayed longer.

I suppose I should thank Matt and Chris for my first real death. You may also like to know that a moment before we saw you on the road, we had taken out Roland's swords and put them back leaving only one of us three armed. Not till much later did someone bring up the fact that we could of just picked one up to fight back. Oh well.

I felt like I was running around all day Saturday trying to put pieces of clues together, finding this person, doing that and this, collecting swordsmen to aid us. It was GREAT!

I will agree that Matt makes a good pixie. I loved the little sounds he made for them. Matt probably never wants to draw another heart in the ground again in his lifetime.

The rose cave was fun and challenging. Not only the riddles were difficult but trying to keep warriors under control and have them do what you want them to do... Oh boy. By the end of the event there was going to be a sage going off on some kind of rage. Beware the Sage Rage!

I had hoped we'd see the lady dragon this event and I'm glad we did! I had wanted to talk to her but her interaction with the Mike dragon was well worth not being able to get in a private moment.

I'm sorry I made you GMs/NPCs go out late on Saturday. You did say that we'd do it after Corbyn's box/cave plot because there wasn't enough NPCs/GMs to do both plots at the same time and I was going to hold you to that.

I'm very very VERY happy there was some action on Sunday. Too many events go by with nothing at all happening Sunday if feels too much like time gone to waste. We should have more things going on Sunday and make it a bit of a cliffhanger. Dun Dun Dun...

If it weren't for Sunday, we woudn't of seen Eli take down Dalid with that 18 magic shot. As bad as it sounds, out of game, I consider that moment priceless.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Event was pretty fun, though apparently it's not an event for me until I injure myself. My foot has turned a nice shade of purple.

Npc's are doing a much better job of have better organization in combat. This is very cool and keeps me thinking. The caves on Friday were fun as we had to wait till we started to get you to move back and then eventually got you on the run.

On saturday afternoon, the basalisk was fun. Realizing that I have a crappy sword for offensive combat and I'm not moving side to side sucked. Hearing Chris only call 2 while I ran up the stairs to town was a blessing as I could have turned to stone otherwise...

On saturday night, we had a completely vunerable position and were not at all ready for a swashbuckler. Once two of us were taunted it was over. (btw, taunt requires a 5 count so technically it should have only been one of us, but this wouldn't have changed the outcome so it's sorta moot) WE really needed a more defensible position and better structure when defending (as we have little to none). Honestly, I should have gone with my first instinct of grab Mike and run back to town as soon as we saw you guys.

One thing about this location, lack of lighting on stairs and around most things that can hurt is a problem for those of us that can sprint quickly. Having to perform ariel acrobatics to avoid major physical injury sucks. I'm thinking that those tap lights might be a wise investment.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

Oh yeah, it was good to see more NPC's with disciplines. I think that keeps us on our toes.

I agree with Reid, I think I'm gonna see if I can get a bunch of small tiki's and some oil, just need to find someway to get them there. and thenmake sure we don't burn the forest down. I also think that we really need to mark the things in the clearing past the bridge, theres a friggin pipe that has bit me 2x this year between CARPS and FH. The tables and such need to be moved out as well, or to a much safer spot.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!