Playing Stones.

Townsmen with the shakes huddle around the glowing embers of what may have been a roaring fire. Speak quick, lest thee be to long in the open!

Moderator: Admin

cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Playing Stones.

Post by cole45 »

Chargoth wanders out of the Inn. His cheeks are warm with Ale and fire. He stumbles a bit and then settles down in front of a warm roaring fire. He flips the visor up off his helmet, and digs around around in belt pouch for a few minutes. Finally he finds what he is looking for.

It is an old leather pouch, shaped like a box. Ancient dwarven rules have been branded into the hide. There is gold post on the top and leather bindings are tied around it. Chargoth unwinds the ties and pulls a small stack of Parchment pieces from the pouch. Each card is marked with a color, a rune and a number. He begins to shuffle the parchment pieces gently. The cards are worn and dog eared from all the use they've seen in the wastes.

He reaches into his pouch and pulls out a string with tiny copper, brass and steel chits dangling on it. Coins have been rare since Eldesta. He unties the string and the chits fall to the table in a rush. Chargoth puts his Ale bottle on the table and looks around.

“HEY, OLAN, Want to plat some Drunken Stones?” Chargoth yells into the shadows. He keeps shuffling the cards in his hand. It was always good to play a few hands of Stones.
Travis Cole
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

*walks out of the Inn*

*seeing Chargoth by the fire and heads that way*

"What have you got there, Chargoth?"
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Stones

Post by cole45 »

"My Drunkens stones set. All the way from eldesta. Helped us get through the wastes. Most of us Guards play it. " Chargoth says with a wry grin.
Travis Cole
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

*shocked look*

"A dwarven stones set... now that brings back some memories... of my days in the barracks and training... Mind if I join you in a game.. it has been a while since I last played.. but it would be a nice reminder of Eldesta."
Nothing can save you!
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Stones

Post by cole45 »

"Anyone that wants to play gits ta'. " Chargoth said dealing out a quick hand. four cards each then one card flipped on the table. Death. Figures. "Well, your bet first."
Travis Cole
DarKarath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by DarKarath »

"Deal me in too! I still have to win back what you stole from me with that cheater hand the last time Chargoth!"

*Smiles as he pats the Dwarf on the back as he returns from his mission

"First let me go inside and get some ALE!"

*Laughs as he shrugs his rucksack to the ground
Formerly DarKarath
Loyal Guardsmen of the Phoenix Guard
Azure Shield Company

Now Working on a new Character...
Eilonwy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eilonwy »

*Wandering out of the inn, the Valkyn'Vi changes paths when the game is noticed, absently fingering the dwarven runes on the staff, then walks over to get a closer look.*

"It has not been too long since I sought the wisdom of the dwarves. But alas, I ran out of time for their excellent games." *gives a mock dramatic sigh and then grins*

"Perhaps I might be allowed to watch if I play the fetcher of ale for the party. The only dwarven runestones I have are for soothsaying though I dare say *grin widens* they could use the influence of both game and ale to sweeten their disposition."

*Bows to Chargoth with a twinkle in both eyes*

"What say thee, master dwarf?"
Last edited by Eilonwy on Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E. E. Nightshade of Clan Campbell
JOAT25
Town Member
Town Member

Post by JOAT25 »

*Olan walks out of the woods and aproaches*

It isn't Chargoth's fault you weren't smart enough to fold, DarKarath.

*Olan takes a seat*

Deal me in, shorty. Let's see if I've gotten rusty, or if only your armor gets that honor.
Ingram Folles - Scholar
"Integrity comes when character is tested; keep true and never be ashamed of doing what is right."
"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself made the villain."
"I can't leave you alone for five minutes."
DrakelenasElderich
Town Member
Town Member

Post by DrakelenasElderich »

*Drake walks up to the group playing*

"Well I'll be damned. Is that an actual set of Stones? I haven't seen one of these in nearly...well....over 5 years now. I would LOVE to get in on the next hand! But please be nice, it's been a long time sense I have played."

*Drake will take a seat and play*
Drakelenas Elderich
DarKarath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by DarKarath »

*Glares at Olan

"FOLD?! I had him beat, do you know the odds of him drawing the perfect hand to beat me in that last draw? They are like 2 billion to one, but anyways, Ill get him this time, and if i remember right...Olan, i still think you owe me three chits yourself!"

*Looks over to Drake

"Captain, you must know, The Phoenix never take it easy!"

*Laughs loudly and boiustrous (sp?)
Formerly DarKarath
Azure Shield Company

JOAT25
Town Member
Town Member

Post by JOAT25 »

Oh, since we're settling debts, why don't we tally up how much food you owe me for crossing the Waste. Those rats didn't catch themselves.

*Olan gives DarKarath a crooked smile and wink, to show he's kidding*

Now shut up and play. If you ask really nice, maybe Drake will hold your hand and help.
Ingram Folles - Scholar
"Integrity comes when character is tested; keep true and never be ashamed of doing what is right."
"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself made the villain."
"I can't leave you alone for five minutes."
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Shut up

Post by cole45 »

"Hey, watch yer tongues. There's a lady offern ale." Chargoth shouted as he began to shuffle the worn scraps of parchment. Each one maked with one of seven runes, a number, and one of three colors. Of course there were seven heart cards as well, rounding out the Deck to an even 70.

"With our luck, it'll be nothing but dead hands and the lord of shadows for the lot of us."

The game was suprsingly simple, with essentailly two pool cards dealt, and each player with 5 of his own cards. The highest 5 card hand won. Betting was done with metal chits, scraps of flash left over from the forging process. At least in the absence of real coins.

"Suck in your guts kiddies. I'm dealing, since only fairies cut the stones."
Travis Cole
Eilonwy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eilonwy »

*Eilonwy laughs upon returning with a tray of drinks for all*

"I am grateful, master dwarf, but let me assure thee that I have been around foul tongues before. It is difficult to help when one is in Caldonia and often in ear-shot of its leader... As for stones and fairies...aye, perhaps a link after all..."

*The youth's eyes twinkle mischievously as the ale is offered up, and then stands back quietly to watch*
Last edited by Eilonwy on Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E. E. Nightshade of Clan Campbell
DarKarath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by DarKarath »

*Nod appreciatively when handed ale

"Thank you mi'lady, was very nice of you to get us all ale"

*Turns back towards the group playing

"Now lets just hope that Chargoth doesnt deal death AGAIN!"
Formerly DarKarath
Azure Shield Company

Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

*nods at Eilonwy as he takes a drink*

"yes, thank you kindly good lady. I believe we all appreicate the drinks, especially when playing as game of Stones with Chargoth here.."

(grin)
Nothing can save you!