July Event 2005

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

July Event 2005

Post by Kalphoenix »

Thank you so much for such a great event.

Wow, all the IC tension in Final Haven. And I have never heard so many game-stops, but I do hope that everyone made it out mostly safe, with only minor irritations such as bug-bites.

Many words of praise and thanks to the GMs who had a tough time running different events for so many different PCs all at the same time but still managed to pull it off awesomely.

We had to take off early on Saturday evening, as Rick had to work Sunday and we found a yucky leak in my giant tent. It was my second event, and I had a blast. It was my husband's first and I had a horrible time convincing him to go. But he did, and liked it so much that he wants to do it again, as long as he can get the dates for next year by January-ish so he can get them off, hee hee.

Event Highlights for me: The giant rubber gummy bear-magic-eating thing...trying to get a spider out of a cave temporarily so we could get into it without nessesarily killing it. No one in town being told what NOT to do to the gummy-bear thing and it breaking out of it's bottle in town.
Mike: For the majority of you, choosing to use a packet instead of a weapon is a hindrance because your aims suck.

Travis: Crap he is on to me.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Thanks for the feedback. Anyone who would like to post feedback from the event, please do. We had a lot more players this time than we expected (The last person to check in was PC number 50!) so we were constantly running about trying to keep the plots moving. As a result, I dont think we have as good of a sense of how the event was for players. So, please give us some feedback. If you want to give feedback in private, email FinalhavenLARP@gmail.com or PM a GM.

With that out of the way, I just want to thank everyone for coming and making this a great event (Atleast from our perspective it was a great event). Also, thank you for putting up with all the distractions at the park (Like the Orcish tribe riding steel horses otherwise known as the Biker Tribe :) ). I would also like to thank the new people for giving us a try. Hopefully we will see you all in September.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

Well I thought the event went great. I was very happy with the NPC and PC performance. I know from our stand point we did great with so few people.

y only comments would be that 1) I think I personnally go out of game too much and I need to work on that.

2) I didnt like all the cars between the cabin and the tents.

3) I saw the cabin as messy, but I was not really distracted by popcans and stuff which was AWSOME. I thought alot of the OOC dirt was kept to a minimum

4) Besides the bikers we didnt have too many problems with normal people.

5) The river was nice because it was stupid hot.

6) Oh and we need to get a better handle on logistics. Our goal is to have everything smooth by the end of the year.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Well, for the brief time I was there, I had a great time. Waiting for death and carnage to ensue seems to take longer these days (we have seemingly killed off most of the wandering local beasties :D) but that's ok. I have missed combats as I've been off the last few events. Standing knee deep in the river with Trevor and Colin was much fun. Now I've got to get my armor finished (leather backing all my plate) and latex me a sword.

Anyone know off hand if the liquid latex sold for fetish wear is the same stuff used for the swords?
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

A very fun event, as always! :D I was kept as busy as I’d like to be, given the heat. Amazing job, considering how horribly outnumbered the NPC staff was. Very clever plots! Can’t wait for next time (as usual)!
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Nelkie

Post by Nelkie »

OOOHH the politics, make it stop!!!! Plots, whats that? I was to busy doing PC political stuff. :D

Hats off to the NPC's, you kept us PC so busy, we couldn't get through a resaonable discusion with out being intrupted.

Good job as usual!!
My Thoughts

Aaron
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

comments

Post by cole45 »

1. The fight by the river in rain was AWESOME. Holy cow that was some serious set up. Misty, wet and monsters. YAH.

2. The scary PC trade carvan scene with dead players littering the ground in the misty darkness saturday night was scary as all hell. and the LIGHTNING was great. That was just cool. :roll:
Travis Cole
Onyksi Rin'oviryn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onyksi Rin'oviryn »

Eric... why do you know about fetish liquid latex?

On to more important things.

As for GM driven plot stuff, I can't really say. The better majority of my time was consumed with PC to PC interaction, giving me no time to go on plots. But I never heard anyone complain of being bored or having nothing to do.

The cars and motorcycles... major distraction. As were all the pop cans and gatorade bottles strewn about everywhere in the inn. All in all, I think things could have been set up better to appear more period.

That's about the only gripe I have. Everything else was wonderfully done. I especially enjoyed screaming at Donovan and hearing that half the council meeting was discussion of how to kill me. ;)

Great job everyone.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Onyksi Rin'oviryn wrote:Eric... why do you know about fetish liquid latex?
You can find that out if you ever see me at City Club. :D
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Ravinal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ravinal »

This was the best of all the events I've been in so far. All of the NPC crew worked their butts off. There was so much detail to plot. I loved it :!: The PCs did a amazing job as well. There were some emotional times for many characters. I feel we needed that. To have that kind of connection to the game from written and spoken background is a great way to connect. The air felt electric with energy; I rarely stopped moving.

I have to thank those who handled the plot that was for Ravinal, I really appreciated it. It added a level to his personality I hadn't previously thought of. I am looking forward to seeing everyone next game.

again....Thank you all :!: :D

Edit: Karen was the only one who could have npc 'ed Loet satisfyingly enough. Ran her with the perfect mind set for what I feel should have happened. Although I know it's not over, thanks Chris for helping to make me feel my character is special.
Last edited by Ravinal on Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
deceased
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Man, you know it's a crazy Pc v Pc event when you come into game and 3 people immediately walk up to you to start telling you about the fit that has hit the shan and you spend your first 2.5 hrs getting the story from 6 different people. I only went on 1 actual plot because like Nelkie I was neckdeep in the mire that is politics at FH. I had a ton of fun even though Atrum is more frustrated with everyone in town than he's ever been. From what I can tell though the NPC's did a great job especially given the situation. I want to give props to the players at the game though as well. a few of you I actually made a point to talk to you about your roleplaying and some just know that I think they are some of the best around. OOG chatter was kept to a minimum by most in most areas where people congregate and to me that makes a huge difference. Even noobs seemed to pick up on on the trend and kept the OOG stuff to a minimum.

On what Erika spoke of about the gatorade and pop bottles and such we all have to make a concerted effort to put those things in the trash where they belong, their is usually atleast one trash bag in the Inn and there are 2 huge barrels outside for trash, please for the sake of the game use them.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Kels
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kels »

Let me just say that I did not get much time to rest and I loved it!!!! :D

Thanx to the GMs and NPCs, Just so everyone knows Mike has to stay with me an Dan all next event so we can get more shit done!!!!!

By far one of the best events. oh and if you guy's could make it storm like that again that would be good I will help with the Rain Dance :silly:

Nice job all the way around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Fear is only in your mind."

Captain of the Black Talon Unit
"Leadership is found, not chosen."
Phoenix Guard

Dick VERMEIL is a smooth mother

"If it moves Shoot it!"
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

I can tell I didnt spend enough time in the inn with my glasses on :)
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Kels wrote:By far one of the best events. oh and if you guy's could make it storm like that again that would be good I will help with the Rain Dance :silly:
Apparently, if you approch GM Mike and say, "I wish for rain," it will start to rain within the next half hour.
JOAT25
Town Member
Town Member

Post by JOAT25 »

Overall I was pleased with the event, save one thing:

The cycle has been broken. Nothing large and violent showed up while I was sleeping saturday night.