The Laws

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Gomja555
Town Member
Town Member

The Laws

Post by Gomja555 »

After Robin steps away from Incarius mention only moments before.He stands and in a clear voice states. " With that my friends I have the wording of law 6 so a moment of your time, please.
The Laws of Haven proper are set forth as follows:

Citizenry is considered intact until refused by resident of the Haven proper. Until laws are ratified and prepared for signing by council all residents fall under the protection and enforcement of said laws. Unless they specifically refuse in writing to the constable prior to any infractions of said laws.

Any and all internal guild matters shall be dealt with by the guild head in question unless either party so desires constable and/or magistrate interference. The guild heads are required to provide the constable with any changes to their guilds roster immediately. Failure to do so will incur a fine per occurrence.

Any citizen may request temporary release of citizenry in order to settle differences. All parties concerned must be in agreement of the release and must seek approval of the constable for the release prior to any action initiated to settle differences. The guard must preside over such matters and will require a payment pending on the circumstances at hand.

All visitors are considered citizenry under the protection of the laws. Visitor citizenship may be revoked without cause by the magistrate with the consent of the constable.

Citizenry of residents may be revoked with cause by council majority. Residency is established after two months of residing within Haven town proper.

All matters seen by the magistrate shall require a per person fee paid by the loser of argument or guilty party. This fee may be waved by extenuating circumstances.
All fines and punishments below are considered maximum for the citizenry.

1. Striking another citizen (assault) is punishable

2. Theft of any citizens belongings is punishable

3. Murder shall be punishable

4. Treason is punishable

5. Mental control of any citizen is punishable.

All fines granted to the town shall be used by the constable and magistrate for the improvement of the town, care of any indentured servants, additional maintenance of the town guard and bonuses to the guard as seen fit by the constable and magistrate.

Law 6

It is the right of any citizen to request an investigation by the Constable on a matter upon which they wish to bring up charges. The Constable will then conduct his investigation. If he finds grounds or just cause for a full scale trial, then he will refer the matter to the Magistrate with all his findings. If he does not find cause or crime according to the law, then the case is dismissed and the investigation concluded.

Not all investigations will lead to trials.
Not all charges are true crimes according to the laws.
No person may be called under investigation for the same crime more than once.
Once the Constable and Magistrate have ruled, their decision is legal and binding."

"Thank you" with that he sets back down by the fire and continues to enjoy the evening bt appearence sake alone.
"Truth is in the eye of the constable"
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

Cept law six as statud is not as wuz decidud by de cousul. Youse forgot de majustrate fallbak, and de counsil fallback frum de majustrate as de final desidurz as to weddur or not dere be a triule.
Gomja555
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Gomja555 »

Ug I agree I thought that was in there as well . However I simply was stating what was given to be by robin who recorded the meetings. We should definatly check with her about it.
Robin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Robin »

Robin perked up, upon hearing her name. "Drat," she said with a grin, looking through her notes from the meeting. She read a few lines and looked back up at Incarius.

"Ug's right, I missed that part. I really am sorry. I'll rewrite it and get it back to you, I promise."
"Is misery made beautiful, right before our eyes?
Will mercy be revealed, or blind us where we stand?"
Gomja555
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Gomja555 »

No problem lass, were still working out all the gliches in our system. Thank you ug
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

*Ug smirks and winks* Me awayz karrie me notes wit me. *Ug thumps his head, indicating where his notes can be found.*
Robin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Robin »

Robin gave Ug a wink. "Yeah, but I'm not a smart elf like you. I can't remember all that if I don't write it down."
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

Could either, you Robin, or you Ug, post the corrected laws, please. Just so everyone is clear, and the new people to town can read them.

OOG: A new thread maybe called for here.
Robin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Robin »

The laws here posted are to be concidered correct and in effect until and unless new ones are posted or announced.
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

*Ug looks up from a book, closing some page with a picture of a vial drawn on it. He steps over to the laws and squints.*

Hmm...youse rite. Deez not de lawz az we made dem. Leest lau sixx iz not rite me no tink. We'll have uh meetun on it, cuz me tink dere a few errurz in de postun.
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

Thank you Ug, I seem to remember that when these laws were posted, there was some discussion of them not being quite right.

[See above posts :)]
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

Me sowwy. Ug been oudda town do'un portunt rezurch, not been havun time to be keepun track uv de liddlur tings..