April 2005 Feedback

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

GM_Chris
GM

April 2005 Feedback

Post by GM_Chris »

Thanks to all for comming to the openning event and I hope you all had fun. I sure felt busy so I hope you all had plenty to do and to keep you interested until next time. :)

I already have gone through the voting to see where everything lies and I hope to have the rest finished this weekend so everyone will have timely answers (hopefully within a month)

I will say that the voting went over well with only a few mistakes by only 1 demographic. Some people do not have comple information and I will be contacting those people soon.

Lastly, we had 34 people at the event which is a nice turn out, especially with all the new people. Fantastic guys! I would love to shoot for over 40 for next event!

Keep up the good work and please as usual give us any feedback needed so we can continue to improve the game.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

Well I must say, I had a blast. It is only my second event and the first one run by you guys, and it rocked! There was little time I was not having something to do or being healed.. (grin).

So to sum it up.. Sweeeet!
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!
Ravinal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ravinal »

I was down in spirits for a bit. But I really just needed to get back into the roleplaying spirit. Once I did, I forgot a lot of what I wasn't feeling right about and had a great time. I want to thank all of the GMs and players that make this a great game. A lot of work goes into these events and , for one, will continue to try to keep improving what I can in order to make this game even greater.
deceased
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

OMG I had soooooo much fun. I think my body may hate me for the next few days for well we all know my voice does.

It was sooooo worth it. Doesn't matter I managed to beat Chris to the creek, or the lack of sleep, or any of it. It's FH, and man after this event I understand more and more why I get so incredibly excited for these events.

NPC staff, you guys gave us so much stuff to deal with that I think my head is still spinning.

All the PCs, I always look forward to intereacting with you guys. It's a real treat :D .

Thank you to everyone.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Yeah, had a wonderful time and totally enjoyed helping out NPCing.

Can't wait for next time...
Last edited by Onimaster on Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
DarKarath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by DarKarath »

Well for it being my very first event/LARP experience ever i have to tell you all that i was blown away! Not only did i absoultely love the whole weekend aura and ambieance (sp? Hey its late!) of the park and the lodge, but i loved getting to act like an idiot all weekend hitting everyone with foam sticks! I had an absoulte blast, and was very happy to be able to reconnect with alot of old friends! I can now safely say you have another person hooked! Ever since i got home i have been looking for weapons/armor ideas! Overall A+ to all the NPC's and GM's you guys made it really easy for me to make the decision to want to get involved! Also i would just like to say that even though i got killed by that damn worm, it was prolly the most memorable gaming experience i will have! Thanks again to all of the folks who made a newb feel like one of the gang!

-Brett
Formerly DarKarath
Loyal Guardsmen of the Phoenix Guard
Azure Shield Company

Now Working on a new Character...
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

Many thanks for a fabulous time. I was so much more involved in events than I thought I would be, and after some slightly nerve-wracking rushing around that came from Angie and I being a little late on Friday, really got to enjoying myself. There were a few minutes where I was panicking OOC because I didn't have all the information I would have liked to have and I got taken off guard by some of the IC questions, but that was fun too. I appologise for inconsistancies in my character and roleplaying, events evolved over the course of the weekend that I feel will give me a more solid base for my character's history and how I will play her from here out.

As a major fantasy LARP event newbie, I really want to thank everyone for making this a fairly painless process. I was warned ahead of time by others on the web that it might be hard to get involved since everyone was already so established, but I didn't find it hard to interact with anyone after the first couple hours or so. Thanks to everyone for bringing Haven to life and making me feel like I wasn't being ignored, that my character actually existed in the continuity and was a desired member of the community. Thanks to the players for making me feel involved and useful both IC and OOC. Thanks to the GMs and NPCs for making the world feel alive and dangerous, as well as making events that could have been uncomfortable (*cough-darkelfhostagesoutinthewoodsfortwohours-cough*) amusing and as comfortable as possible. Thanks to everyone, GMs, NPCs and PCs for constantly asking me if I was having fun.

I was also pleased by the fact that while OOC was kept as inobtrusive as possible, no one had a hissy-fit when something was said OOC. I was impressed with the fact that it was casual, yet still very professional and nothing fell apart.

Thank you so much! This was something I've really needed for a long time and didn't know it until I went. I did have some specific questions and comments, but I'll save those until I am slightly more conscious. Horray!

I am already plotting a way to make the July event.

-Heidi/Delayne (the healer-druid)

P.S.-AHHHG! I am not a fire chicken!!! :p *points at Ian*
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Great job guys, I got there late as hell and still had a great time and still had too much to do. I think some of the longer term stuff that went on this weekend will be extremely interesting. I think the social dynamic in the town will provide some great role-playing as well.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

We really appreciate all the feedback. It really helps us improve on our game in the future. If there is anyone who would like to offer feedback but feels uncomfortable posting it publically, please feel free to email it to finalhavenlarp@gmail.com .
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Dereck_Sandoval
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Dereck_Sandoval »

Oh man I had a great time this weekend. Between fighting monsters, negotiating back trade lines, going to evil caves filled with the most vile things , or healing lambic and Ian and countless others. It was awesome and i can't wait to do it again.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Woo-hoo! Another Healer-Druid! We’ll keep this town alive and kicking while maintaining harmony with nature, yet!

And the Phoenix warriors have a mascot. :P

I certainly had an incredible amount of fun! How do you guys do it? Consistently, from event to event, I feel as though we’re all thoroughly doomed, yet somehow at the end we’re still here. Almost every quest sees hope dwindle to near nothing, and just when I think the party is lost, we pass (or escape) the challenge. I wouldn’t think it possible to keep us consistently struggling against such desperate odds – to keep the excitement at such a crescendo.

It’s a fine balancing act you GMs seem to have perfected – a combination of carefully planed plot-lines and event sequences combined with on-the-spot improv that keeps us PCs constantly teetering on the line between victory and defeat.

It’s a formula that encourages us to fight on even when the situation seems unsalvageable. Even now, when hope seems lost, rather than giving up I’m looking forward to facing the desperate struggles promised by the next event head-on.

The GMs ROCK!

And then there’s the PCs – who indeed never give up, never surrender – who fight all the harder as the odds against them increase. They meet the impossible task with unstoppable resolve, fighting to the last and sacrificing their hard-earned characters so others may live on. And they stay in character! :) Out-of-game moments were few and far between, and kept to a minimum. The impact this has on the fun and the immersion is truly significant. Their maturity and cooperative attitudes (and the resulting lack of complaints and rule-arguments) allow the game to progress fluidly and with a friendly atmosphere.

The PCs ROCK!

Therefore, of course, THE WHOLE FREAKIN’ GAME ROCKS!!!!
Last edited by Dallid on Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
ditzycrissy48310

New to the game

Post by ditzycrissy48310 »

I am new to the LARP/Roleplaying scene. I was a little scared at first... You do what all night long??? :wink:

But after I arrived and started with the adventures I had much more fun than I could have expected.

I was awe-inspired by the amount of time and energy that each of you have put into this last event.

I look forward to the next event and seeing you all again...

P.S. The town's guards RULE!
Kels
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kels »

I had a GREAT time it rocked in so many ways. Plus i got to shoot Chris alot. :D
"Fear is only in your mind."

Captain of the Black Talon Unit
"Leadership is found, not chosen."
Phoenix Guard

Dick VERMEIL is a smooth mother

"If it moves Shoot it!"
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Job well done

Post by Nelkie »

Job well done! As usual I can't move today and it hurts to think, but I have a very big grin on my face because of all the fun I had this weekend. Again, great job.
I can't wait until we have a mass battle at the sledding hill with seige weapons :D The new camp ground is great and we will need to bring more tents to fit everyone in. I can't wait to explore the sournding woods and find all the hinden cool places. The new rules worked great and ran very smoothly.
As for the 5 captives, sorry it took so long to free you, but I was trying to get you out alive. You can ask Mike, I tried every trick under the sun to free you alive, and in the end, we where able to do so.
I also would like to say to the first timers, is welcome, I glad you came, and I hope you will be coming back, and bring your friends along to enjoy the experience! :D :D
My Thoughts

Aaron
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

Arthos - Thanks for getting us hostages out alive. IC, we couldn't have really done anything to escape, since they kept us knocked out. We'd wake up, and then they would knock us out again. Ian and I had an OOC discussion on how we weren't worth much of anything and how if we were in charge, it would be very hard for us to justify ransoming a bunch of green recruits. We're all very grateful that you did rescue us, but I'm sure we all feel a bit guilty that you spent so much physically and mentally to do so.

Dallid - Sorry I didn't approach you IC, I think Delayne was a bit intimidated by a master druid/healer! I was standing behind you in the cave when we were all trying to keep physical contact and when our groups got split up and you were attacking something in defense, I was big-time impressed. I think Delayne was like "Well, if he can be skilled enough to defend himself and others, I can learn too!" Well, that and a certain "Don Mayo" I believe, said it would be good for me to have a weapon.

I'd like to mention a lot more people by name, but I know a few of them aren't on the forums and I have a horrible time with names, although I am getting better.

I was especially glad that I am able to be a member of the town guard and the Phoenix Guard. I spent so much time with Incarious (sp?) the Constable, and the Phoenix Guard that I thought they were interchangeable. My heart is certainly with the Phoenix Guard and I look forward to serving in both groups, and indeed, Haven as a whole.

I really enjoyed my position as a healer, and I will most definately be expanding on that path. Horray for keeping people alive and harmony with nature and all that goodness!! IC, I was gifted some Medium armor, and a spear is being constructed for me from a giant red ant mandible. so I have those to make phys-reps of for the next event. I'll also be much better protected for next time.

Wow, I was almost hoping I wouldn't enjoy myself quite so much...I definately don't need another event to prepare for!!! :) I'm sorry I talk so much!