Vir-Drake sits by the fire

Townsmen with the shakes huddle around the glowing embers of what may have been a roaring fire. Speak quick, lest thee be to long in the open!

Moderator: Admin

Kels
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kels »

*Kels smiles at Drake. Kels reterns his salute. Turns to Cluade as well and waits to hear his orders*
"Fear is only in your mind."

Captain of the Black Talon Unit
"Leadership is found, not chosen."
Phoenix Guard

Dick VERMEIL is a smooth mother

"If it moves Shoot it!"
Claude du Sinjin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Claude du Sinjin »

*Claude smiles warmly at the two men before him, slowly stands and returns the salute*

Well met Drakelenas Elderich, I am proud to serve with a man such as yourself.

Gentlemen, I suggest we ready the Guard for travel. Captain Kels, we may soon be returning to the area of the well to secure it from potential enemies. Gentlemen, we need to ensure sure all available Guard members are ready for travel, combat and perhaps a bit of a bivouac.

I would also like to take a small group ahead and visit this man named Herb. He deserves to be thanked and rewarded. Besides, his abilities interest me greatly.

Make your preparations gentlemen! DIS-MISSED!

*Claude once again salutes, a proud gleam in his eye*
"The knight... is down."

Claude the Expired
Black Knight of the True Dragon
Anvyrin Onyk'undi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Anvyrin Onyk'undi »

*Vir-Drake salutes Claude*

"Sir, yes Sir."

*Vir-Drake turns and salutes Kels. He then starts back towords the Inn. Before he makes it 10 paces he turns around*

"Um...Claude. Who am I reporting to? I mean, who is in charge of the Azure Sheilds right now?"
Vir-Drake

Former Captain of the Azure Shields
Former traveler with evil
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

*The brush rustles near the firepit as four people emerge from the trail. The outlines of Shale, Ian, and a strange woman can be seen, as well as that of Donovan. Nodding briefly to Kels and Claude, Donovan approaches the fire and answers Drake's question.*

"That depends. Are you ready to live, fight, and die for honesty, courage, compassion, courtesy, honor, sincerity, and duty? Are you ready to stand alongside your brothers and fight the Darkness? Because if you are, then the man who leads the Azure Shields is Captain Drakelenas Elderich of the Phoenix Guard."

*Donovan waits for Drake's response.*
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Anvyrin Onyk'undi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Anvyrin Onyk'undi »

*Drake snaps to attention before Donovan and gives him a salute*

"Sir. I am that man. Sir."

*With that said Drake heads off to gather the troops*

"Shale. When you are done with your buisness here head off to the Guild Hall and rally the troops for travel. I will be there shortly with everyone from the Inn."
Vir-Drake

Former Captain of the Azure Shields
Former traveler with evil
Claude du Sinjin
Town Member
Town Member

*Claude proudly salutes the Preceptor as he arrives and speaks to Drake. As soon as they finish he speaks...*

Glad to you are well Preceptor. The scouts have begun to arrive home from their missions. I'm sure Lord Corbyn will be seeking your advice on these matters as he is currently waiting in the Inn. With your permission I shall await there myself.

*Glancing towards the odd woman traveling with the group"

Perhaps the Lady would like my cloak, or better yet a warm fire indoors to warm herself?
"The knight... is down."

Claude the Expired
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Nayla flashes a smile at Claude and bows her head slightly. "Thank-you, a nice fire would be great."
Claude du Sinjin
Town Member
Town Member

*Claude quickly bows to the Preceptor and his companions. Quickly walking over to Nayla, he removes his cloak, throws it across her shoulders and offers her his arm*

By all means Mi Lady, it would reflect poorly upon us and our hospitality to allow you to catch cold. Please, this way.

*With that he leads her towards the Inn. As they leave Claude can be heard chatting away...*

Allow me to introduce myself, I am Sir Claude du Sinjin of Deschaine, and you are...?
"The knight... is down."

Claude the Expired
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

*looks at Donovan*

"Now thats what I like to see, looks like people have been busy while we have been gone!"

*Stays by Donovans side (Unless other orders come forth) in case his statement is needed from the trip with Latham*
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Anvyrin Onyk'undi wrote:*Drake snaps to attention before Donovan and gives him a salute*

"Sir. I am that man. Sir."

*With that said Drake heads off to gather the troops*

"Shale. When you are done with your buisness here head off to the Guild Hall and rally the troops for travel. I will be there shortly with everyone from the Inn."
Shale smirks at Drake as he nods and turns to head to the guild hall, "Man, that will teach me for endorsing them untying you... Makin me do my job and everything."

Before heading off Shale does a quick once over of camp taking in all the strange changes that occured since he and the others left with Latham.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

*Donovan returns both Claude's and Drake's salute with a proud look on his face. He nods his consent at Drake's orders and at Claude's request. He glances approvingly at Claude, Kels, Drake and Shale as they go about their duties.*

"They have been busy indeed, Ian. There is a warmth here, despite the cold danger that confronts us. It is the sort of heat that can only have one source... a rising phoenix."

*Donovan gives a wide grin.*

"Things are in good hands here, let's go see how Corbyn is faring."

*Donovan heads for the Inn, presumably with Ian in tow.*
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

*As Donovan speaks the words, "There is a warmth here, despite the cold danger that confronts us. It is the sort of heat that can only have one source... a rising phoenix," behind him can be seen a giant gout of flame, and a scream of anger and pain can be heard, but is suddenly cut short, the flame disappearing, smoke rising a ways down the road.*
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

*Donovan gives a quick glance to Ian and sprints in the direction of the explosion.*
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

As Shale walks the Haven grounds heading to the guild house as ordered he senses the presance of a large magical discharge in the distance, and scans the horizon. Seeing the dark smoke he runs to the Phoenix Hall quickly to see if the others are there planning to then circle around to the site of the disturbance.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

*Runs alongside Donovan to the source of the Fiery gout, keeping his senses aware for any danger, magical or otherwise*

"Any ideas what that was?"
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!