Ug runs out of the Inn

Townsmen with the shakes huddle around the glowing embers of what may have been a roaring fire. Speak quick, lest thee be to long in the open!

Moderator: Admin

Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

hmmmm.....curious. Well if seeing that thing move then I'm going crazy too. I don't suppose it's ever done that before, has it?

**thinks for a minute**

Did we ever fix that time problem where people were moving about?
Donmayo
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donmayo »

*Donmayo who has been sitting by the fire since the party returned from frostfell (see after post) continues to sit and watch the discourse between robin and ug, but otherwise his presence is nearly invisible.
*Seeing 3 birdmen in the road Corbyn asks:
"Donmayo can we trust these travelers?"
-They are Avyana, of course not"
“But you’re an Avyana”
-Yesss I am, aren't I...

-Donmayo of Mahuru April 1055 PEW
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Ug

Post by Nelkie »

*Hearing the screaming rage of Ug Arthos steps outside the Inn to listen and than to be amazed with thefire pit changing locations. Arthos approachs Ug slowly*

Ug, my friend. I could not help over hear your grief over the lose of Nooke. I'm truley sorry for our lose. I know you have many questions, and I only understand bits and parts of what happened.

If you wish to know what happened, please go and talk with Lord Corbyn. He can fill you in on what happened.

Final Haven grieves the lose of any of it's citizens. We all are a family, and it hurts when family dies.

So please, if you wish the truth on what happened, please go and talk with Corbyn. He can and will tell you truth of what happened.

*Arthos gives a understaning smile to his friend and tries to give Ug a comforting hug*
My Thoughts

Aaron
Donmayo
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donmayo »

*Puffs his pipe, not to concerned with the moving fire.
*Looks Arthos up and down inspecting his battle readiness

"Are you expecting trouble?"
*Seeing 3 birdmen in the road Corbyn asks:
"Donmayo can we trust these travelers?"
-They are Avyana, of course not"
“But you’re an Avyana”
-Yesss I am, aren't I...

-Donmayo of Mahuru April 1055 PEW
McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by McEwan »

The steady sound of footsteps on sand, gravel and grass comes from the direction of the firepits former possion. A moment latter McEwan enters the firelight takeing deliberate and messured paces to the edge of the new firepit. Seamingly distractled, he then stops, looks up at the stars and begins to slowly rotate clockwise.

"Aye, Ug. Iffin' ya be a'wantin' ta know the trueth, talk ta Corbyn, an Capt'n Steele, an' any o' the other that be commin' from Frostfell."

"Nashka, di' ya count the paces inta town?"

"Me fat'er always tol' me, iffin' ya want ta be a'knowin' tha trueth, ya have know the trueth that other see, THEN decide what yer eyes be tellin' ya."

Puts his finger in his mouth, stops for a moment in thought, then holds up his finger to check the wind

"It's good ta be remeberin' that some only like the trueth that they be a'seein'."

He stairs up at the stars for several minutes, then seams to notice the others around the fire for the first time. Seeing Arthos in full gear he looks him up and down and finally nods to himself.

"Arthos, iffin' ya be a'knowin' any scouts that be no runnin around on other buisness, I be a'wonderin' iffin' ya could be directin' me to 'em? We seam ta have lost...pauses for a moment...something fairly large. The graveyard inna where we left it."
Ignorance can be fixed...stupid you're stuck with
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

friends

Post by Nelkie »

*Arthos turns to Don-Mayo*

Two groups will be leaving town for a couple hours to scout out a couple areas. These areas have been researched as the location of tablets of information that could help FH stop the dark proficies from coming true. We are not to retrieve the tablets, but see what we might have to face. This is an information gathering mission

I'am looking for anyone that would like to join me on this mission. Are you intersted??

*Arthos turns to McQuin*
As for extra scouts, I'am no sure. I know the majority of the town scouts will be going on the proficies missions. What thing is missing? Whats going on? Can it wait until we get back, or do you need some right now? I would galdely help out once I get back.
My Thoughts

Aaron
McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by McEwan »

"The graveyard's a'missin'."

Looks back up to the stars. After a minute, he seams to have set his possision and a direction.

"The prophacy, huh?"

McEwan, looks back to Arthos and the rest of those around the fire.

"Chasing the prophacy be all well an' good, but I be a'thinkin' it may be a good idea ta make sure tha' there no be any poor unrested souls a'eatin' the villagers when we be gettin' back."

"Ug, I be sorry ta be intrudin' on yer grief, but iffin' ya could be a'crackin' yer books ta see iffin ya can figger what be a'happin', I'd be a'thankin' ya."

Turns back to Arthos

"Iffin' the powers tha' be, be a'mountin' a search I be a'thinkin' they be at the house, then?"

McEwan marches back out into the darkness with a determand stride
Robin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Robin »

Robin Stood there quietly, arm still around Ug comforting him. She had flashed Arthos a thankful smile when she had seen him, for his presence was always welcome to her. When McEwan mentioned the vanishing of the graveyard, however, she frowned.

"Strange things a foot here," she murmured. Her eyes found his. "My guess is this is bigger than just the grave yard, as you too saw that fire move." She shook her head. "It's to do with that prohpacy, I'm willing to bet."

Robin took a step back from Ug and searched his face, trying to find somethign that would tell her he would be alright. "Ug, I promise you, I'll tell you everything I know. Tonight you and I will sit down, if you wish it, and I'll tell you what you wish, but right now I think we need to deal with this prophacy business. It seems we've run out of time. Can you give me some time to go with Arthos?"
"Is misery made beautiful, right before our eyes?
Will mercy be revealed, or blind us where we stand?"
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*Atrum approaches the fire pit with a very quizzical look on his face. He walks up, looks over to where the fire should be and then back*

Does anyone have any idea how this happened?
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by McEwan »

From the darkness and receiding

Aye, quickly
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

"I believe the answer to your question, Atrum, is a very resounding, No.

Hmmm...the graveyard has moved in some regard, the firepit disappeared and reappeared a few yards away, and important information has just popped up about the prophecy all in the same night, technically we don't know when the graveyard poofed, but that is beside the point. I must concur that this does not seem to be a coincidence.

We know that the graveyard has an ancient magic history, but what about the fire pit? Has it ever been nexus or focus for magical energies, I mean other than Ug's most recent spell? Are these things could somehow be related to the opening gate in the prophecy. Perhaps they are arranging themselves in some sort of arcane pattern.
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

Thank you Lambic, this is not good. The land has been stable for some time now. If it is shifting again everything we've learned about the area may have changed as well.

This could have very wide reaching ramifications. Well nothing to do for it now but keep an eye out for more drastic changes.

I'm headed down to the village for a minute, then I'm off for awhile. Will you mind making sure that people get drinks while I'm gone? There should be enough stockplied for abit. If you can't don't worry I can get someone to help me out.

*Listens to his answer and thanks if he accepts and smiles and claps him on the back with a don't worry about it if he doesn't and then heads to the Inn*
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

Seemz like alot uf timez nowun reeley lissun to Ug. Me mean, mayhups me be wrung, but az far az i kan tell, dere no way to stop a profusee. Only ting we can do an wut we shuld be do-un is preparun fer de ramufukatuns uf de profusee so dat we kan turn de end rezult back radder den stoppin it frum comin fort in de furst plase.
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

Atrum Draconus wrote:I'm headed down to the village for a minute, then I'm off for awhile. Will you mind making sure that people get drinks while I'm gone? There should be enough stockplied for abit. If you can't don't worry I can get someone to help me out.

*Listens to his answer and thanks if he accepts and smiles and claps him on the back with a don't worry about it if he doesn't and then heads to the Inn*
I would be honored Atrum, I think many of the weary travelers could use that before this problem breaks loose.
Ug wrote:Seemz like alot uf timez nowun reeley lissun to Ug. Me mean, mayhups me be wrung, but az far az i kan tell, dere no way to stop a profusee. Only ting we can do an wut we shuld be do-un is preparun fer de ramufukatuns uf de profusee so dat we kan turn de end rezult back radder den stoppin it frum comin fort in de furst plase.
I believe I remember both you and Shale saming something similar and that Corbyn was receptive. We will just have to see what this Lantham has to say.

(OOG: I would appreciate it if we could figure out a time line on what is happening when. Things are really screwed up.)
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

(OOG: Anything involving my narration has happened something like this:

1. Latham enters
2. Latham, Corbyn et al. go to Guild of Light for chat
3. Stuff disappears: The firepit is discovered by Ug and Robin, the graveyard by McEwan
4. People are being gathered for a menagerie of tasks
5. Atrum says he'll be right back
6. McEwan goes in search of the graveyard and discovers the missing grainery--Atrum will discover that as well if he is heading in that direction

That's a rough guideline but exact times are not super important to me. Anything not narrated by myself or another GM can take place at any point that makes sense. For example, most of the newest posts will take place at some point between the return of everyone from Frostfell and the next event. If things at time seem out of order, that's okay, I'm happy to say that all takes place and that you were able to work it out in some way.)