Returning to Haven

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

crig
Town Member
Town Member

Post by crig »

[quote="moonstone"]Moonstone raises her glass and says in a loud voice “ale more ale”

me too
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

Lambic keeps his tongue and keeps the ale and wine flowing.
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Fun

Post by General Maximus »

*The general turns to Woden and smiles*

The old hatreds die hard. I have much blood on my hands. The blood or all the enemies of use dwarves. The enemies of old, the orcs, goblins, dark elves. I have done what has needed to be done for the Mountain and King Gimily.

But, you have given me ale, food, kindness, and shown me respect. I will do the same for you and by my honor I will do no violence to a member of Haven unless provoked. I much to learn about this new world I live in. Do not expect me to love all in your haven, but I will guard my tongue and avoid violence with members of Haven.

As for me being a general, well, that is a name my men gave to me and it has just stuck. I have never command an army, but only my small band of dwarves. It is part of who I am now and I will be keeping the name.

As for a dwarf using magic, well that is a long story. I won the privilege to wield the might and power of the dragon stones when I was young. Over many years I learn how to harness the power of out ancestors and used that power against our enemies. But now I have found that the dragon stones have become one with me and that the magic of the stones has changed. I’m still learning what has happened to me, but I feel the power of the ancestors flowing through my veins. I feel the power of the dragon awaken.

*Upon hearing Lambic the general lifts his mug and salutes the fallen. Turning to Lambic*

I see. You strive for what I have always strived for the people But instead you fight against the evil of this land for the sake of haven and all who lives with in. It is hard for me to fathom, but when it comes down to survival; one must work together or die.

*The general listens to Elder Corbyn’s greeting, but does not look up at him. But as Elder Corbyn finishes the genral drops his mug and looks up a Corbyn with surprise and amazement*

By the ancestors, can it be? How is it possible? How did one such as you receive such honor and privilege? I feel it with in you? If you would be so kind, share your story with me brother. For I sense we are one of the same, but as mine is just a small flame, yours is the fire that drives all too great deeds.

*The general just looks at Elder Corbyn with amazement*
Ogrom
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Ogrom »

Well spoken Lambic "Ogrom moves to the table of dworves and sits down "
Well genral I respect your tital and will refer to it in futur as it sounds to be well earned I also was changed by the events of this cataclisim and as im the son of your old enemy called Grom I come to sit and share with you as friend, Im now chief of go'vin tribe here in haven and since i take leadership of tribe I able to do what my mother wish we do SO many lives where lost in days of old and I remeber so little since i was vary young and Father was not around to teach his poison ways to me.
But my mother knowing I would someday be leader on Groms death show me how to work and live with many other races and to respect life and others, not to Crush and take what you can by strigth.
I hope to someday be worthy of your kinship and be called Brother by You and all here in haven I bring What is left of tribe here in hopes to make a better life for all and will be glad to lay my life and the lives of my tribe to protect and keep here all safe.
Shea Stonebrook
Town Member
Town Member
Location: On the way back to Woodhold from traveling with Connor (my husband)

Post by Shea Stonebrook »

*Shea quietly walks into the inn to find out what all the ruckus is about. *
Shea Stonebrook

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath.
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Strange

*The general visibly stiffeness at the mention of the son of Grom. But quickly relaxes*

This world is strange indeed. I sit across from the son of my greastest enenemy and no blood has not been drawn. I will stick to my oath and not draw a blade.

By my fathers beard, I must be dreaming

*The general shakes his head*

Orgum, I will take you at your word for now. I believe I have much to learn about this new world I find myself in. Blackthorn would never believe this, I'm acting more of a Heldrummer than of a Hellfury, but one must adapt or die.

*The general takes a long drink of his ale looking at Orgum and just shaks his head*
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

War

*After some time the general speaksup again*

I understand this town is ran polticaly by a concil. But who is in charge of the towns defense? Who rally's people for battle? Who plans the towns battles? Who is this town's battle leader?
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

I will tell you my story Maximus, as it will do others in Haven good to hear about my situation. I have told many of our citizens, but have not spoken with everyone.

Recently, we fought against an evil dragon who sought domination over the world. He was opposed by a good dragon named Correl, who had aided us for approximately two years in fighting various threats. Correl's wisdom and guidance was the key factor in enabling us to kill the evil dragon, but her physical form was lost in the final battle.

We had retrieved a box from a place that could only be reached by magical means. This box, we were told, was the key to separating the essence of the necromancer Narnian from the essence of my unborn son, as they shared the same body. The box was stolen by the evil dragon, we are still unsure how, and used to trap a Perfect Being that was strong enough to weaken the dragon and allow him to be killed. The dragon used the box to capture the Perfect Being, but Correl freed it by allowing her essence to be trapped in the box.

After the battle, an elven sage taught me how to commune with the essence within the box. I asked Correl if there was anything we could do for her. She said that if the box was opened her essence would be lost forever. The only body that could contain it was that of another dragon, something she would never ask us to acquire for her. This being the situation, she made an offer that gave me great hope.

Correl told me that even though she and I had disagreed in the past, she was convinced that I was utterly dedicated to stopping the spread of evil in this world and helping make these lands safer for all people. She also said that she did not want to die, but could not bear the thought of spending eterninty trapped in a box, denied the freedom she knew as a dragon. Finally, she convinced me that we would continue to need her help to fight Narnian and other threats we might face in the future.

Correl then offered to merge a portion of her essence with mine. She said that I would still be Corbyn, but that she could commune with me and offer guidance, as well as strengthen me in other ways from time to time. This would allow her to live, and still assist in the fight against evil. She spoke about physical changes to my body, as I adapted to her presence, but was not sure as to the extent of any changes, physical or otherwise, as only a part of her would be housed within me. She made it very clear that if a significant portion of a dragon's essence went into any mortal shell, the body would be destroyed instantly.

So, now you know what I know about my 'condition'. I feel that the physical changes are not over, but do not know how far they will go.

*Corbyn ceases to speak and takes a long drink.*
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn, awaiting her traveling companions, sketches a rough map for Gabriel to take with him. She gets up to hand the paper to him and slightly smiles.*

This should help ya a little.

*Noticing the exchange between the dwarf and Corbyn, the young pirate leans against a beam inside the Inn and watches the two of them carefully.*
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Chosen

*The genreal stands up, draws his blade. He Thrusts his blade into the floor, kneels behind the blade with both hands on the hilt. Looking directly into Corbyn's eye's and says in a stern voice*

I sense what you say is true and I can sense the dragon half that is you. You have been chosen by the ancestors and now I know why I have been brought here. I have always served the ancestors faithfully and survived the trial of the stones to prove to all that I was worthy of the ancestors trust. For it was they who brought me here to you. I might have lost everything that I once knew, but your are my new path.

*Lowering his head, General Maximus says in a booming voice that fills the Inn*

I General Maximus of the Hellfury Clan, weilder of the dragon stones swear feality to you, Elder Corbyn, the dragon chosen. This I swear on my honor. I swear to serve and obey you in all things. This I swear on my life. I wish to serve and protect my Lord, the chosen one.

*The general looks back up at Corbyn with a determined look on his face*
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

*Looking a bit surprised at this development*

Thank you Maximus. Your loyalty is most welcome and it shall be put to good use in the defense of this place and it's people. We shall not let our losses dissuade us from continuing to battle all forces seeking to cover this world in darkness. Let us drink to you finding a new calling, and to us gaining a new ally.
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
Tullus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Tullus »

*Tullus listens to the story given by Corbyn and, at the end, looks somewhat amazed.*

"Really? That's what happened. Sorry, to listen to your story if I wasn't ment to, but that is truly astonishing. I make it a habit of mine to collect interesting stories. This would seem to be one of those. Accepting the 'essence' of one to continue their lifelihood. Makes for the great beginings of a grand tale.

When I saw those......ridges across your nose, I knew somethin was different. If instructor Bosh said it once, or many times, it was to always know the people who you make your home with. Your tale gives me atleast alittle insight. I've roamed the lands, living with who or whatever I could. I feel I've spent a far better part of my life with dwarves, strange as that is. And now with so many dwarves here, seems that part of my life will not change soon. How do you feel; I mean, I know I'd feel different. And I see you look slightly different than an elf. No offense. Though you look like there's alittle power in you. Probably enough to take on a great worm in a fist fight, eh? Not that Im thinkin that you would."

*He scans the area for a moment. Then leans against the wall.*

"I usually try not to be too much of a nosey person. Yet, my nature is to talk, it's something I've never been able to help. Im inquizative, I guess I should say. Not a good thing for the profession I was suppose to be in, but it gets me outta trouble sometimes. Othertimes it gets me into even more trouble. I could say trouble's my middle name, but I'd be lieing. It's Telemnar.

And let me be one more here to say Im sorry for your bad happenings."

*He looks over to the kitchen*

"Is there free food here?"

*He begins walking over to check*
"When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it happened or not."

-Mark Twain
Ogrom
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Ogrom »

Well my good genral to let you know about the councle here in haven im one of the members and I try to look at the military aspecs with donavin but we have no one person that runs a military set here, but donivan commands the local troops here thats looking to protect the town and all traid routs thats supporting us all.

Now the counle consists of donovin,dewberry,loa,Eilonwy,and myself.
but we do have elder corbin who councles us in matters aswell.
now if you have some ideas on military matters here or anything else to make life here better then please come to us and address anything you have.
Woden
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Woden »

*sighs*
'Well little sister. It seems your not the only one whose touched.'
moonstone
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by moonstone »

my dear Woden may I call you Woden? There are things that can make even the strongest of us cry. I am gladdened to find myself in such a find place as this. She looks around with a yearning look in her eyes. But I just wish I could remember all of they people and part of this story for I think that I was there for some of it. Lowering her head she put the cup to her lip and with it there throws her head back, she drains her glass. My I have another please Lambic? Thinking better of it she places a silver coin down on the table. This is for you I do not know how I have it but here.

Looking to Woden once more it seems you are right.