Final Haven event July 08

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

No, I was never asking for inside the cabin to be a safe zone. We played for years where cabins were never safe. All I wanted was a safety reminder put out because it had been a while since a lot (and a first time for some) of us had played in a setting where lights could be knocked down, glass broken and fire started. Back in the day, we always used to cover fire hazard and safety. I'd have brought it up at the game on meeting if I'd thought about it, but it had been so long since we'd been in a scenario like that, it slipped my mind. And I wasn't (and am not currently) pissed, just frustrated because it seemed like I was being blown off. And several other cabins had propane/ kerosene lanterns as well as the inn having candles.
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Dallid wrote:So there’re two players upset with me.
Only two? Man...you're rusty :) I had atleast five looking for pitchforks.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Rhul
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rhul »

improperly play a character nor overturn a killing blow for OOG reasons – namely, because he was afraid his girlfriend would stop playing if anything bad ever happened to her IG. Do I have this correct?
Nope, absolutely not at all. I was just mad at the other players because they gave what I am assuming to be an NPC (who, if it was who you played on Friday night was completely paranoid) a valuable weapon, and then left him to do pretty much what he wanted and waste a limited supply weapon shooting the same people multiple times. I was only mad for purely OOG reasons because I'm tired of roleplaying opportunities getting quashed out of hand, especially in such a "player-driven" event as it was called.

Dani had thought up a complete story about how she had turned into one of the the more pacifist infected, and I had captured her to bring her in for information on the whereabouts of the others who were trying to pretty much let loose and PVP everyone the previous night.

She had finally come out as a player and gotten into more of the storytelling, and I covered all of the distance to you explaining my "captive", and you pretty much shrugged and shot both of us. You didnt do anything wrong personally, merely capped off a crappy night that she was trying to rectify.

I was tired about being blown off this weekend, because also that day when attacked in my cabin by an NPC, I asked for a game stop so I could put on my costume to be more in-game (I had taken it off to sleep), and he shrugged and attacked anyway. It felt the same as if someone had refused to allow me to put on my glasses.

I know my GF had a bad experience (although she said the Saturday night battle was awesome), bacause as it turned out, all the crap she had to put up with Friday night was pointless because 90% of the "infected" rules were explained wrong to her (like telling us the disease turned players in 15 minutes, more than 20 minutes after it first occured and she could have been curing it), or things were added to them after she left as an infected. Personally, she earned brownie points with me because even after Mike said he would make good because of what he personally said was a GM error, she stuck with it and let her character stay dead.

But, bygones are bygones and forgive and forget, because it's all over with.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

I split the discussion about combat teamwork off into a seperate topic
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
celegar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by celegar »

id like everyone from cabin 4 to know that i did, in fact, spend sunday night and all of monday watching all the invader zim cartoons i could find.
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

celegar wrote:id like everyone from cabin 4 to know that i did, in fact, spend sunday night and all of monday watching all the invader zim cartoons i could find.
Gir for the WIN!

*giggle* Now, when you come to WH, you'll know which character is based on Gir. Vaun would be Zim, 'cept her plans usually work.
celegar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by celegar »

Vaun seemed more like a Tak sort of person to me.
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

celegar wrote:Vaun seemed more like a Tak sort of person to me.
*lol* SO very true.
celegar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by celegar »

hmmm, if i had to guess which character was based on gir, id have to say it was "the bard"