On the road to Woodhold

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

celegar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by celegar »

((i dont know if i was clear enough, i litterally takled the guy and was laying on top of him))

*trusk raises up off the now dead man, poking him a couple times, then shrugs*

ME THINK HE DEAD.

*trusk picks up the man by the front of his shirt and starts dragging him back to the cave.
YOU STAY SMART, YOU STAY ALIVE, DONT DO NOTTING STUPID.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

(oh no, you were clear, I hope I didn't say anything that might contradict that action)

When Trusk brings the body back to the cave, Laggy searches it, pulling out only a small, circular object, copper in color, with a small reddish button in the middle.

"Any ideas what that could be?"
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Esmerelda looks shocked as the man falls dead. Quickly though she drops her backpack to the ground and pulls out paper and pen. Before the memory can leave her, she write what she can remember of the stranger's last words. Once she is certain she has them down, she turns to Jaycen.

"I have not a clue. Something to add to the list. Although I must say your apperance was rather timely, it is a bit startling as well. What are you doing here?"

Turning to Laggy, she eyes the object. I don't have any idea what it may be, but give me a few minutes and I might."

(will take the time to switch mimic over to sense magic and then sense magic on the item)

"I'm getting worried about Atrum and Rhul. Much as I hate to admit it, that man was right. They should be back by now."
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Jaycen Blackhawk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Jaycen Blackhawk »

Jaycen turns to answer Esmerelda.

"I don't trust Dark Elves. Plain and simple. You planned on leaving with one so I followed." The large warrior shrugged.

"You're about to follow one underground. Nothing I say or do is going to change your trust one of them. But if I had sat still and found out I'd been right, I would have to live with that guilt. Better to tag along and be proven wrong."
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’

Soldier
Mercenary
The Last Hawk
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

As Esmerelda examines the object, anyone looking closely will notice that for whatever reason she finds it safe to press the button and does so. The object begins to glow and different colored lights come forth, and slowly take shape. As they continue to morph, slowly it can be seen that images of people are forming. After some time, the lights have formed a party of people, this party, Esmerelda, Laggy, Trusk, Fiona, everyone who was present during the man's visit except Jaycen.

"We have to assume someone else has these images, someone knows we're coming," Laggy says in a hushed voice. "We should change our route and move quickly. Let's hope Atrum and Rhul return shortly."
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*Atrum and Rhul come into view, both carrying limp bodies*
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

(OOG: By this time it is obvious to everyone that I have horribly mistimed this adventure. Please forgive that as well as the frenetic pace in the next week. Starting tomorrow, you can expect lenghty updates each day for the next week)
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Atrum Draconus »

OOG: I thought the timing went pretty well actually. :-) Especially if the goal was to have both the npc's do their death scenes at the same time.

*Atrum walks up and dumps the dark elf on the ground. He looks at the dead man lying at his feet*

New Order? Sunlight, moon, wind rivers? Some drivel about peace through information? Copper button?
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Rhul
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rhul »

Rhul comes up alongside Atrum, laying his charge somewhat more gently in front of the others, though his face remains grim enough.

"Hmph. I see you have had a meeting as well. I hope you didn't worry too much about us, but as you can see, we were somewhat tied up ourselves."

*He sees Esmerelda putting away the copper disk*

"This man had one of those as well, but it seems he committed suicide, or was killed by an outside force, before Atrum could stop him. Oddly enough, he seems to have killed this man (indicating the dark elf Atrum dropped) who was following us. We are assuming it used to be Goran.

Laggy? Did he have any other markings you could recognise? You say he used to be one of your men."
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

(OOG: By timing I mean the whole getting to Woodhold and back by the next event--the two deaths went as planned)

Laggy examines the body and says, "That's him, almost positively. Rest a bit, and then we leave."
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Esmerelda looks relieved when Atrum and Rhul return.

"Can I see your device?" She asks them. "I want to see if it recorded an image of you two like the one here did of us."

Turning to Laggy, a worried look crosses her face.

"I'd rather move on now, if that's alright with everyone. I don't want to linger here a moment more than is absolutely necessary."

(OOG: And to hinder matter further, I will be out of town Sunday through Tuesday evening for work. I don't know if the hotel I'm staying at has internet access or not. Keep your fingers crossed that it does.)
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
celegar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by celegar »

trusk looks confused for a moment, then stands tall next to esmerelda

TRUSK GO WHERE ES MERLD DA GO
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*Atrum pulls out the disk and flips it around in his hand while looking at it*
A group of people that are a bit too full of themselves, a bit too cloistered and a bit too zealous. At the least the have the fortitude to do everything possible to keep their secrets. I'd like to know where these two came from, and to dump these bodies on the doorstep.

*Atrum looks into the coin*
If you can hear me, you might as well just come and talk, unless you like killing yourselves, if that's the case then be my guest. Sooner or later you'll either leave us alone or quit playing these damnable games.

*Tosses the coin to Es*

We can't leave these bodies here, especially Goran.

*Starts gathering some wood for a pyre*
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

As Atrum burns the body, Esmerelda confirms that he and Rhul appear in the second device. Immediately after cleaning, Laggy leads the group not into the cave but outside of it, drastically changing course. As confident as he seemed previously, Laggy clearly seems concerned, being much less sure of himself above ground than below. Many times, his attention darts to the woods as shapeless shadow seemingly reach toward the group, threatening to pull them in.

Eventually, another cave, another system perhaps, is reached and Laggy eagerly enters the darkness. Immediately his tentative steps turn sure, and he tells the group to stay close. Through both spacious and cramped spaces they travel, stopping twice to push Trusk through openings that no well armored, self-respecting orc should ever have to pass through.

Within the poorly lit confines of the cave, time begins to lose meaning. Hours may have passed or days and it would have all been the same. Regardless, the group is pleased when Laggy finally breaks to rest, "though not for long," he adds...
celegar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by celegar »

trusk is hesitant the entire trip constantly looking over his shoulder as if wanting to go back outside. his dislike for caves clearly showing as he paces back and forth along the caverns as they travel, going from wall to wall, as if always looking for a way out. he stays close to esmerelda at all times, and whenever somone accidentally bumps or brushes against him that isnt esmerelda he immidiately assumes a fighting stance and reflexively shoves them away(press away from trusk), his nerves always on end.