Crafting

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

Multiple craftman could be cool. we like people working together yah?

"I'll get the hilt, you make sure the tang fits."
Travis Cole
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Zaire wrote:Let's extrapolate the sleeping and crafting. If you can craft (use a skill) while sleeping, then logic would dictate that I could swing for damage while sleeping.

Heck why stop there I might as well cast spells, heal, do research, interrogate and handle allegiances.

I mean it only makes sense.
You can swing damage in your sleep, if you are holding a weapon and calling it. If you weren't taking damage from a sleepwalker, I'd say you'd be cheating.
You could also try to cast a spell, interogate, or a healing skill in your sleep, however, it'd be treated as if you were disrupted since it specifically says so in the rules.
Research and allegience stuff is in between events :P

So far I see nothing invalid with what you said. :)
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

*Kicks Ried in the junk* :lol:

And Aaron you know as well as I do that there are definitely ways to make those kinds of items IG so that doesn't fly.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

For the record, if this thread goes on for ten pages, I'm going to shoot somebody.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Long as it's not Aaron or I, since we need to take over the game first. :)

And is it my fault for charged and timed based skill disruption being overly thorough? Now if we said you could start and stop, could you smith in your sleep, since you could be infinitely starting and stopping the skill? Taking that stopping requires zero time, and time does need to increase somehow (otherwise how would you eaplain 4-8 hours of time passing), miniscule amounts of time would be eaten up by starting. :)

Of course, you could always use the cheap out of infinity * 0 = 0. :P
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Ovak Stonecrusher wrote:For the record, if this thread goes on for ten pages, I'm going to shoot somebody.
That sounded like a challenge. :lol:
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

I vote for a poll to see who gets shot when we get there.
Adam
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Adam »

So is the person who makes it go to 10 pages the one that gets shot or is it random for whoever posted to help get it there...

...whoops!
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Adam wrote:So is the person who makes it go to 10 pages the one that gets shot or is it random for whoever posted to help get it there...
I don't know but I think we should discuss it in further detail. I think the number of posts contributed should be a factor. I also think onlne users at the time of the post should be factored into it as well since those that post at night have less opportunity to post since less people post after them while they are awake. :)

Perhaps it could be based on amount of time logged in?
Adam
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Adam »

Or just one chance per post.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Can we have hidden chances? I don't want everyone else to know what my actual chances are.

And I think my chances and someone else's chances should be called different names. It doesn't matter if they all end up in the same pool, I want mine to be called 'tofu' because a common name means I can't think of them differently.

:)
Adam
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Adam »

You could PM Mike secretly, mentioning this post to get secret chances.

(P.S. DO NOT REALLY DO THIS. IT IS A JOKE)
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

Now this is just tom-foolery to get it up to 10 pages......

I like it!
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

If Mike doesn't shoot someone I'm seriously going to deny baked goods especailly when there is just babble going on.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Babble? Would you rather have Mike just aribitrarily pick someone? I mean if I post twice as much as you shouldn't I have twice as many chances (not including my hidden chances). :)

I also think we need some in-forum bonuses to encourage more postings. I mean we can't just post based on mechanics alone. Those that don't care about the mechanics of being shot need to have a reason to post too.

We also need to ensure that 5-7 low volume posters will always equal or have a greater chance than a high volume poster. Otherwise it's not fair.

and have we de-railed this thread yet?