Another Grueling Day

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*She looks at him and has that mischevious grin as if trying to broker a deal.*

I planned on doing that resting thing at the fishing village actually. I still know people there, which is why I was asking if we or I could stay on a bit. What I'm needing right now is to be closer to some mass of water and well some company. I've been alone with my thoughts long enough I think and they haven't been all that pleasant.

Besides there is this little matter of a birthday I'd like to celebrate and all.

I promise no mischief and all once we hit the village. I will take it easy.

So may I go if I promise to do everything Corbyn advises and all?
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

*Nods to Kels and Kidwynn* Yes, leave now and scout the fishing village with care. If anything is amiss, return and report immediately. If things are fine, stay for a few days and update our friends there on our travels, while taking some well-deserved rest.

Atrum, I would like to fill you in on recent events, and learn what has gone on here in our absence. Of particular interest to me, is if you have seen any indication that the last sign of the prophecy has come to pass.

*With a half-serious laugh* We also need to discuss the possible eradication of all bluebirds in Phantara...as one's song will herald the prophecy's fullfillment.

*Looking around at the group* Sages of Haven, enjoy tonight's merriment. Tomorrow, I pray you return to your prophecy studies. We must learn if there is a chance to thwart the final portent, and where the portal might open, bringing forth this 'deity'.
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Arthos

Post by Nelkie »

*Arthos nods to Lord Corybn*

It will be as you say

*Arthos leaves the Inn and full fills Lord Corybn's request*
My Thoughts

Aaron
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Shale cocks his head hearing Corbyn's comment about the prophecy. "Now, I know I haven't been here as long as some, and I am almost sure your mostly only kidding, but I doubt blasting bluebirds will end the prophecy. Things like that have a habit of finding the most ironic path to fruition. For all we know, it could mean our doom if Donmayo, Midnight, or even Donovan decided to sing opera at the campfire. If this thing could have been derailed it's probably a bit late and vague." He ponders, "We should probably put some sagely manpower into seeing what can be done when it happens."
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Midnight
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Midnight »

*Midnight smiles cheerfully at Shale's comment about Opera*

Singing at the fire, I doubt I will be!

*nudges Don Mayo*

Sing like a pretty bird, do you?
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

Mebbie dere a drew-ud dat chanjuz into a blewburd. De ting bout profusiez iz dat dey allwayz come true if'n dey be a reeole profusie. Mebbie wut we shuld be askun not be wut we do to STOP de profusie, but what we be do-un to FIX what happun in de profusie aftur it happun?

Corbun, youse gunna be tellun me wut haz happuned? Youse all seem weerdid out.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Shale chuckles at Ug, "There an echo in here?"
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Donmayo
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donmayo »

*cocks an eye brow...

"I do not sing... at least not opera!"
*Seeing 3 birdmen in the road Corbyn asks:
"Donmayo can we trust these travelers?"
-They are Avyana, of course not"
“But you’re an Avyana”
-Yesss I am, aren't I...

-Donmayo of Mahuru April 1055 PEW
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

Very well. As we have failed to stop, or for all we know even delay a single portent, perhaps it is time to direct our energies towards different questions. I would also like scouts from Phoenix and Gryffin sent out to try and find members of the order of scholars dedicated to stopping the prophecy. We were visited by one of them, but at that time we had multiple versions of the prophecy, before Malphus determined which was the true rendition. These wizened men and women may yet be of use to us. Robin and I will travel to Woodhold after I am assured that there are no imminent threats to Haven to see if anything has been learned about the prophecy there.

Atrum, Ug, please come with me and I will give you an accounting of what transpired in Frostfell. Atrum, you might want to bring a small barrel of the good stuff.

*Walks towards one of the back rooms, carrying a mug.*
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn looks at Corbyn, while taking a large drink of water. After she clears her throat she begins speaking.*

Lord Corbyn, any ideas as to what direction these people might be in? I guess I can add that onto the list of things to ask about while at the fishing village. *Her eyes open wide as if an idea popped into her head.* That reminds me, is there anything specifically you need to inquire from the people in the village?

I'm taking it that once we've return from the village you'd like for Kels and I to head out and find these people after the first group of scout head out, corret? Do these people we are lookin' for wear anything specific, any specific markings that we'd be able to recognize these people if we bump into 'em? How far out would you like this searching net to go? A week out from Haven in all directions? 2 weeks out?

*Goes into her bag and produces a journal book along with a writing instrument to write down instructions from Corbyn.*
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*To Corbyn*
It's been surprisingly quiet for a change, luckily. I doubt those of us left here would have been much of a challenge if another invading body decided it was time to come through.

*Grabs 2 bottles of small batch and goes into an empty room*

This should suffice. If we need more than this then your tale is much worse than I expected.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Donmayo
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donmayo »

Bows to the lord Corban as he departs the room and makes his way outside.
*Seeing 3 birdmen in the road Corbyn asks:
"Donmayo can we trust these travelers?"
-They are Avyana, of course not"
“But you’re an Avyana”
-Yesss I am, aren't I...

-Donmayo of Mahuru April 1055 PEW
Neshca
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Neshca »

*Neshca looks at Corbyn, shakes his head. Than sweep up his gear, glaces at Jason and McEwan. Walks over to the bar, ask for a refresher on his waterskin, and flask. "

"Come on Jason and McEwan let get our refreshments and get going. I have a feel this is gone to be a long night. "
And what is he greatly thought , he nobly dared.
by Homer
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

The scholar that visited us had no sigil or uniform that I recall. He mentioned that the members of his order had scattered in every direction once versions of the prophecy began popping up in different locales. Visit any settlements that we know of within two weeks travel. If the order has made an appearance the residents will be aware, as they will likely have inquired about the prophecy, at least to the town leaders or sages. If you manage to track one down, attempt to persuade him or her to accompany you back here, or determine which members of their order have been assigned to this region and how to locate them. I am also interested in how these scholars share information with each other while being so dispersed. I require no specific information from the fishing village, just assurance that all remains well there.

Atrum, it is indeed welcome news that peace has dominated in our absence. Although I suspect those of you who remained would have made any invading force pay dearly for their transgressions.

*Heads into the back room behind the bar, leaving the door open.*
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
Ravinal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ravinal »

*Ravinal enters the inn as he seems absolutely fasinated with his new fangs. He licks at his fangs as if not believing the reality of his change. He moves to a clear spot to sit and watch things unfold. He leans his sword against his shoulder, ready for Haven to return to normalacy.*
deceased