Rallying Call

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn looks over to Atrum and then carefully examines the tracks before her for both the lizzard folks and their attackers.*

I'm scoutin' ahead. If I run inta anythin'...you'll know.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

The lizardman, still weak from the recent skirmish, sat upbefore being healed, concern in his eyes. He turned to Shea:

"I'm sorry. You were trying to help. Thank-you."

He looked at the others and saw no threat, or at least no more than he was used to, and far less than he had just seen.

"It happened fast, the attack. There were many and then many more."

He shook his head, trying to remember details of an event that happened so fast. Suddenly his eyes widened, as if remembering something.

"There were two groups I think. The first came to slaughter us for reasons unclear. The second came to slaughter the first I think...No, they were attacking us both, indiscriminately, with magic and with ranged weapons. The first group fled and," he said looking around, "perhaps so did we. I'm not sure what else to tell you. Again, I'm sorry for my reaction earlier."
Shea Stonebrook
Town Member
Town Member
Location: On the way back to Woodhold from traveling with Connor (my husband)

Post by Shea Stonebrook »

*Shea smiled at the lizard man as he apologized and listened intently to what he was saying.*

May I help you now? Then Teela and I may be able to help your 2 friends so we may get up and moving a bit faster.

*if there are no objections Shea finishes healing him and helps bring the others back.*
Shea Stonebrook

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn stops for a moment before heading out to listen to the lizardman and turns to him.*

One of those groups that attacked luv. They wouldn't by any chance have long pointy ears now, do they?

*She awaits the reply before setting off*
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Slisk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Slisk »

"Yesss – any detailsss of the foe you may recall can be ussseful. Could you tell if they were hairlesss apesss, like Humansss, or Avyana birdmen, or perhapsss green-skinsss like Orcs?"
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*Atrum scans the area and the ground looking for anything out of the ordinary(spot)*

I would assume the first attack came from whoever probably inhabited this place before the newcomers. Possiblly not, but this place doesn't look to be that long uninhabited. There just doesn't seem to be enough overgrowth, cobwebs and dirt covering everything for it to have been abandoned for years prior to the lizardmen coming. Slisk would probably be a better person to ask, but I can't imagine that they tidied everything up after they got here.

Kidwynn, stay here, let Laura and the shapeshifters scout around. If the group is attacked we'll need you. The others scouting know where we are so they can easily find us, not so much the other way around.

Something just doesn't feel right about this, my inner paranoid is screaming trap, nothing new, but this time is one that it makes sense. Be on your toes everyone.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Onyx Everhungry
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Onyx Everhungry »

From the surrounding woods comes what sounds like a large beast bellowing and a large tree shaking and then silence.
Food?
Teela Rainbalm
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Teela Rainbalm »

Teela startles at the vibration underfoot and the noise of the bellow, but moves to Shea to help the lizardmen. She will wait for Atrum's lead to indicate any other action.
Eilonwy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eilonwy »

So far silent and distracted, the seer's eyes focus and a deliberate step is taken to move near Shea and Teela, staff ready to guard but posture otherwise fairly relaxed.
E. E. Nightshade of Clan Campbell
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn listens to Atrum and stops*

Very well luv...

*Once she hears the rustling she looks over in that direction (spot) to see if there is any trouble. She gets her shield and sword at the ready and glances really quick to make certain without question she knows where her other sword is in case she opts to drop her shield and becomes all offensive.*
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

One by one the lizardmen are healed and awaken. They all defer to the first one healed, as his account seems the most lucid.

"The first wave were definitely human, though I cannot speak as to whether this Muthar was among them. As for the second group, I'm afraid I didn't get a good look at their ears. It all happened so fast, but they could have been elves if that's what you're getting at. They certainly weren't dwarves. It all started with a rustling in the woods."

At that moment, at that exact moment, Onyx does his thing, and the Lizardman tenses noticeably, but hen it stops and no one comes flying from the woods, he relaxes...a little.

"One of us went to check it out, but he never returned. We sent more and that's when we were attacked, not from the front but from behind. They killed some of us before we even knew what was happening, took their bodies with them. We pursued and many of them turned and fought some more. That's when the second group came, flanking us from the East.

"I cannot speak to who inhabited this place before us as it was deserted or so we thought. Perhaps your theory is correct."

He stops for a moment, remembering something else, clearly trying to decide if it was important, and then seemingly deciding that it was.

"Before that though there was a man who visited. Human. I didn't think much of it then, but perhaps he was trying to discern weaknesses. He asked weird questions, like 'Do you appreciate all that was given to you?' I thought he was crazy because nothing was ever given to me. Anyway, that was maybe an hour before the attack, but in the end he asked, and I have a feeling this will be important to you, he asked, 'How far to Haven?' And I told him.'"

He stops, at the end of his story, not sure what else to say.

(OOG: I'll get to the scouts in a little bit, probably tomorrow as I'll give this conversation a chance to continue a bit. I'm going inentionally slow to give everyone a chance to chime in)
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn looks at the lizzardman*

This human, what did he look like? The one who asked how far Haven is.
Slisk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Slisk »

A sound tactic - draw the attention of defenders in one direction and attack from the other. Slisk hoped that was what the commotion from the trees was now - a prelude to combat.

He readied his sword and shield. Even if they weren't attacked now, the enemy's interest in Haven proved they were sure to be attacked later.

This was turning into a glorious day.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

The lizardman responds to Kidwynn in this way: "He was a little taller than you and a bit more...male. He was older, much older I'd say but yet not old. He had brownish hair...Not much distinctive about him I guess. He carried a staff I remember. I'd recognize him if I saw him, and I imagine you will too, just by the bizarre questions he asks."

The description he gives does not match anyone specifically, though it's vague enough to include many.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn smirks*

Well that describes a few people.

*Turns to Atrum*

Hope we get some information from tha scouts. I'm itchin' for a fight.