Gathering a Hunting Party

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Taps his side as he stands

"Thank you for the offer Talana, but I do already have another sword. This one is....sentimental to say the least. And While I do understand, and accept patience, it is unfortunately, a virtue I rarely heed. This time however I will indeed pace myself, and await the correct time for action

*Voralen smiles towards Ian

"Thank you my friend, but those resources will be better used elsewhere"
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Talana Isilisurë
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Talana Isilisurë »

*Talana nods to both Ian and Voralen, then looks in the direction that Lao went, then back to the other two once more.*

"If you will both excuse me then so that I might go speak with Lao then on what is troubling him?"
Talanalassë Isilisurë
Elven Artificer
"Seere ana ilya..." ("Peace to all...")
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

*bows to Talana*

"As you wish Lady, please let me know if I can help in any way."

*looks to Voralen*

"These resources are for us all, Voralen. That includes keeping you combat worthy so that we may defend those that reside here."
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*bows to Talana as she leaves, and turns to Ian and chuckles

"My training keeps me combat worthy...hell if needed I can take up a tree branch and still defend this town. It isnt about the actual steel, or supplies....its just, something more. That sword is the only thing that got me through the hell I endured in Vaunephsuak. Im sorry that this seems trivial, but I just have a bond to that weapon that is hard to explain."

*Bows head in thought
Serith Darkheart

Talana Isilisurë
Town Member
Town Member

*After an hour or so, Talana returns into the Inn and looks around for Voralen. Once she locates him, she will walk over to him, smiling hopefully.*

"Well, there are two small bits of good news, Good Sir Voralen... First is that we have a lead as to where your sword was initially traded, though we should be quick in traveling there, as it could have been or may soon be traded away, yet again. According to Lao, your sword was traded to someone in the Fishing Village."

*Talana pauses a moment and looks to Voralen for a response, before adding the second bit of information.*

"Secondly, Lao is going to go to his sources and see if they can assist us with any other identifying information about to whom the sword was traded, in case we are unable to locate it once we go to the village."

"I would suggest that initially just you and I go to the Fishing Village to attempt to renegotiate the sword back and that you and I should both go unarmed, as there is likely little danger and if we show up with armaments, it may be too intimidating. What do you think?"
Talanalassë Isilisurë
Elven Artificer
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*A small smile creeps across Voralens features as he hears what Talana has to say

" That is indeed good news, and yes most certainly, we can leave now...

*Upon hearing the unarmed part

"Well that is something I am not the most comfortable with, but seeing as you seem to know your way around this place, and if you can vouch for the villagers then I suppose anyway to get the Blade of Equitas back is what I must do."

*Voralen stands and unsheathes his spare sword and hands it to Ian

"Ian, I am going to leave this with you, I trust that this one won't be misplaced before I return?"

*Voralen smiles slyly and pats Ian on the back as he heads out with Talana to the fishing village
Serith Darkheart

Talana Isilisurë
Town Member
Town Member

*Smiles and nods reassuringly to Voralen, speaking to him once he is finished:*

"Yes, I believe we will be safe and if not, I'm pretty good with whacking people with sticks that I find on the ground..."

*Talana laughs lightly, hoping that Voralen hears the playfulness and doesn't think she isn't taking the matter seriously.*

"The trek will be fairly short, though I think we should grab some food and drinks to take with us on the trip, as well as to possibly offer in the trade. If you will give me a few moments, I'll quickly grab some things that should do?"

((If no one else steps in or engages in dialogue at this point, I'll be moving this portion of the thread to the Continuing Adventures section.))
Talanalassë Isilisurë
Elven Artificer
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

*Looks to Talana*

"Thank's for the help Talana"

*Takes Voralen's sword with care*

"I shall make sure that this one is here for when you get back, my friend. Safe travels to you both"
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!