Into the Dragon's Den

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

After a moment's concentration, Delayne nods and her face relaxes, she breathes a sigh of relief. "It would appear that he is on the threshold, but he is not forsaken to us yet." She fans her feathers over him, and there is a subtle vision of heatwaves as she hums quietly.

<<Begins to perform Healing on Dallid>>
Mike: For the majority of you, choosing to use a packet instead of a weapon is a hindrance because your aims suck.

Travis: Crap he is on to me.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

As Kidwynn makes to move the first rock, Claude touches the two remaining rocks and something truly spectacular happens. Half of his body stiffens, much like Dallid's, while the other half, his right half, completely disappears. In front of half a Claude, another image appears. A small hut, seemingly empty but the picture pans and slowly the wooden floors turn a deep crimson. The picture follows the blood to its source, a young couple, their necks slashed open, their faces frozen in a state of terror. Panning higher and several trinkets of master quality can be seen on shelves. Trinket after trinket is seen until a long stretch of shelving is completely empty. Finally the picture focuses on an empty doorway and upon the ground where many sets of footprints can be seen both coming and going, and with that, the picture fades and the other half of Claude disappears as well.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn, who has been rather calm for a lot of the adventure thus far now appears slightly irritated.*

Bloody hell! Thought people were goin' to allow me to work at this stone barrier. Direct physical contact with the stones is bad. Thought Dallid here proved that theory.

Now we need to get Dallid back on his feet AND locate a vanishin' Claude. This is on top of playin' with this dragon AND investigatin' those visions.

*She shrugs and is back to being calm*

Ah well one thing at at time for there is nothin' we can do about things now.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

“The Evil One… is bragging.” Dallid says as he regains consciousness.

“He shows us how he uses creation to outfit his host with the finest instruments of war. He shows us how his Abysma have located and claimed at least some of the lost pieces of their master.”

“Each vision raises questions. What need has a Dragon for a mortal army, especially a Dragon augmented by the power of the Prophesy? One may only guess that a decisive matter must be concluded by mortal resolve – determined through a clash of arms of good and evil, light and dark. The only ‘decisive matter’ I can conceive is that of the Perfect Being – the fate of Phantera hinges on its Aspects, and who possesses them.”

“Also, Ulie appears pressed beyond mortal endurance. Unless Creation or the Dragon has provided sufficient augmentation, his work will claim his life. Thus will Creation find a new host – likely one of the warriors surrounding Ulie. And then will we find Creation on the field of battle.”

“However, if that raided hut may be found, if the Abysma may be tracked, we might then find Ulie. For it is his task to forge the lost pieces back into the Dragon.”

“But also must Haven be warned, for I would expect the Dragon’s host to march upon it to end our efforts to thwart his ambitions. Many preparations are to be had.”

“Then there is this third stone. We must leave this place, and the way by which we gained entry is denied us. This stone would appear to teleport us elsewhere, but doubtless to a place of the Dragons choosing. Perhaps we can rely on the Dragon’s ‘sportsmanship’ to see us to safety. Reguardless, can we leave Claude alone to his fate?”
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Fun

Post by Nelkie »

*In a calm and flat voice*

We have three choices

1. touch the third stone and go where claude went. This could be a trap, or could get us where we want to go.
2. Move the stones out of the way, I know this can be done, just be careful not to physicaly touch them with your flesh
3. Or go back and see if there is another path.

I need some time to ponder this third stone and think

*At that Arthos starts to examine the 3rd stone mumbling to himself as his full attention is on the stone.*
My Thoughts

Aaron
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn is back to squating down to work on the stone. While Arthos is speaking she slows down as if she is trying to recall something.*
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*Atrum strips off his armor quickly and hands it to Vaun*

I'll be back

*Stands in front of the stones for about a minute and then seems to disappear into them*
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

*Dallid watches listens to Arthos and watches Atrum pass through the rock. Then he stands and nods to Delayne*

“Thank you.”

He exits the healing circle, though the process is not yet complete, and approaches Arthos.

“Yes, exam the Stones. Investigate this matter as best seen fit. Every new piece of information is of precious aid. Yet Claude may be in danger. Though I doubt the touch of the second stone was fatal, I have concern over the method by which he left us. Such sundering may be beyond endurance. For Claude, time may be of the essence, thus will I seek to find him.”

*Touches the third stone*
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

...and Dallid disappears as well.
Eilonwy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eilonwy »

*Eilonwy reaches for the "vanishing" stone.*

Calmly but quickly, " I believe Vaun or Val can aid Arthos in examining the stone in their way. If they are alive, perhaps my Sight can aid the others beyond the stone. If they are not alive..."

*She sighs and touches it.*
E. E. Nightshade of Clan Campbell
DarKarath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by DarKarath »

*DarKarath watches as all these fellow havenites are touching this stone and giving reasons to which they are doing it, He gets up and walks to the stone

*DarKarath just looks to the remaining group
"Hey, they are gonna need some protection

*DarKarath pats his mace against his shield and touchs the third stone
Formerly DarKarath
Loyal Guardsmen of the Phoenix Guard
Azure Shield Company

Now Working on a new Character...
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

OOG: Sorry this is the first opportunity I have had to post due to work being crazy.

*Kidwynn watches Dallid and Eilonwy touch the stone and leave. She then puts Arthos's shied down and sighs.*

Bloody hell. So much for waiting for some more information about the stone. *She gets up and moves to the third stone just as the other did.*

Well, someone better go along in case Claude is out cold who has some blade skill so they don't get themselves killed.

*With that Kidwynn touches the third stone.*
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

Delayne watches them disappear and shakes her head. "A moment's consideration would have not been amiss, but if it is true that we can not leave the way we came, then this may be the only path open to us."

She turns to the remainder. "I will go as you go, but be warned, this dragon's pride is not misplaced."

She looks at the stones, examining them without touching them. As she is crouched, she puts a hand over her heart and whispers quietly. "May I walk bravely in dark places."
Mike: For the majority of you, choosing to use a packet instead of a weapon is a hindrance because your aims suck.

Travis: Crap he is on to me.
Pugo Redfang
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Pugo Redfang »

*Pugo looks at the ones that touched the stone. He shakes his head and await for the other to do something.*

"Hmm you lead Ogrom I follow. If Deylane and Vaun go than I gone to have to go. Can not leave them without a shield to fall behide if thengs get bad in there."
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

Vaun accepted Atrum's armor without a word, though her eyes were dark with uncertainty. She caught his eyes for a moment and her look said, "I trust thee to return." It was not until some time after he had passed beyond the stones that she realized she was holding her breath. Still as the stone around her she stood.

When several of the others touched the stone, she turned to Delayne. "As thou stood with me before, so I stand with thee now. I will not leave this place until Atrum Draconus returns. I will keep thy care, as best I am able, for I have no intention of charging ahead without due concideration."

She gave a ghost of a smile as her eyes flickered to the ball of violet flames in her hand. "Who e're should beset us will not find it an easy task, for I have no intention of dying here."