On the road

Inside and around Castle Gravesbane
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

"Em is at the village. I- I would like to go too if it would not be too much trouble. I know many of the villagers, and I would like to know if they survived. But I know I cannot fight, and I do not want to put anyone at risk having to protect me..."
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
JOAT25
Town Member
Town Member

Post by JOAT25 »

"Ah, it is good to see your excellent judgement coming to the fore once again, Atrum. Enjoy your journey, and be sure to give the elves my best. And to you, Marduk, it is a long story, one best told while moving away from our imminent destruction."

With that, Ingram turns and begins walking down the road.
Ingram Folles - Scholar
"Integrity comes when character is tested; keep true and never be ashamed of doing what is right."
"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself made the villain."
"I can't leave you alone for five minutes."
marduk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by marduk »

*Marduk follows Ingram*

"Understood"
marduk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by marduk »

*The odd dwarf looks at Ingram with sunken, shattered eyes. He makes brief eye contact then breaks away*

Are there my kind here? It took me so long to find this place and now it is, well...not.

*Marduk falls back into silence and keeps pace with Ingram*
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*To Esmerelda*
I know you want to go, but we are going into what could be a very dangerous situation, and we need not risk more lives than need be. It would be best if you continued on with the group to safety.

*To Quen*
Stay with the group, you should be safe with Galen and Ingram.

*To Mohdri*
I actually will need you to go with me if at all possible, we will need someone to take us back to Caledonia.

Sethreal, where you go is up to you. You already know I've released you from any gaurd obligations you may have had. But you will be able to get us to the mining village quickest.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Gol, silent for most of the journey thus far, except for the occasional humming, looks up to see the fear in Esmerelda's eyes, the concern for her friends. He blinks then, perhaps for the first time since the journey began.

"I will go where Esmerelda goes, but if we were to go with you Atrum, as the lady wishes, I believe it can be done safely. There appear to be many...guides...at the moment, all willing to help in any way they can."
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Torakhan »

Quen nods to Atrum, putting his staff end back into the ground and hobbles after Ingrum's group, clutching his challice with his free hand as he tries to keep up, struggling the whole way with his limp.
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
JOAT25
Town Member
Town Member

Post by JOAT25 »

Ingram slows his pace to better accommodate Quen.

"Well Marduk, there aren't any dwarves with us that I'm aware of. The dwarves from where we now flee control and maintain their own magic gateway. Should they risk being overrun, I believe they would have the foresight to perform a tactical withdraw."
Ingram Folles - Scholar
"Integrity comes when character is tested; keep true and never be ashamed of doing what is right."
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Esmerelda looks imploringly at Atrum.

"Surely the spirits that keep Gol company could warn us of any impending danger. Please let me come with you. I need to know that Em is okay."
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*Atrum considers Gol and Esmerelda's words for a moment*
Sethreal, you're with Galen, Quen and Ingram. Your job my friend, will be as it has been and how you've performed well. Gaurd the King with your life.

The four of us, motions to Mohdri Esmerelda and Gol wil head towards the mining village. But Gol, if we run ito trouble you and Esmerelda are to run as fast as you can. I'll hold off any trouble as long as I possibly can.

*He clasps Sethreals arm*
We'll see each other soon enough, and no I don't intend on finishing what we started last night without you.
*A small smile creeps up the sides of his mouth*

Lets get going
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
marduk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by marduk »

*To Ingram and Quen, in a low voice*

"Sirs, I am far from my home, a home I've never known. I have recently found my self, my freedom. I seek my home...I believe that I am at home among my kind. I cannot be sure..."

*Marduk drifts off into a mumble*

"I am a help."
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

"Thank you." A ghost of a smile barely brushes past her lips.
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,

marduk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by marduk »

*To Ingram*

What was that place? You say it was a site of a slaughter. Was it the Elven folk? I know them....I know what they are capable of...
JOAT25
Town Member
Town Member

Post by JOAT25 »

Yes, it was the elves, though not as directly responsible as you would believe. One of the areas leaders, known as Corbyn, was allowed to build his power until he literally hunted down and slaughtered all that he could. Though not until after he betrayed us to the elves.
Ingram Folles - Scholar
marduk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by marduk »

•Spits on the ground•

Never trust Elves... Bad. How did your leader betray you?