Disagreements

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

Kale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hee, Hee

Post by Kale »

Nelkie wrote:I come to FH to hang out with friends, fight, and RolePlay. I'm not angry that Arthos was killed, as I said, I feel disappointed a great oppurnity was lost.
Just remember the #1 rule of LARPing:

For every great plan there is always someone waiting around the corner to do something you never expected and screw it up.

Trust me on that one. ;-)
Indira Al'Estrella
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Indira Al'Estrella »

Aaron-

I'm sorry that you feel badly about getting ganked. I understand how that can suck a lot, but I don't apologize for the group on killing you.

Even though I wasn't there at the time of your murder, I would have raised hell for bringing you in. Robin had been telling the group what she knew about Havenites and you have to know the infamy you, Corbin, and Donovan had. We were told you were their lap dog. Even if you looked different, I wouldn't have trusted. I nearly killed you myself during the "negotiations" in the middle of town. You came over and kept talking to Robin which pissed my PC off, because I didn't trust her yet either. I was charging a sleep and nearly tossed it at you while I was standing there. You turned around, I went to pelt your back, and decided that perhaps Pen would be upset by this.

Todd said it well. You're just too famous for a believable betrayal.

I don't know how it went down, but it surely would have happened before the night was through. Trust me on that.

I do look forward to RPing a new character with you. You always come up with great concepts.

:D
Kale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kale »

Here's a similar situation:

Long ago, after leading Gromm's Horde against the town, after killing Jordan, Llyshon, and others...After all this, soon after I (Pentaguishine) found myself walking back into the Horde's camp, feeling victorious, even though the Horde had suffered great losses. I was looking for Nehpets and noone would lead me to his tent. Something seemed off and as I walked through the Horde I became unnerved. 300 Orcs stood and surrounded me. They were going to feast on my flesh and pick their teeth with my bones....but why? Was it just because they were evil? Why would they ruin such a great RP moment as I came in to tell Nehpets of all the destruction I had wrought for them?

Why? Because Dimack beat me into the camp and told Nehpets that all of his plans had failed and the Horde was run off because I had screwed some of the plans up. It was an outright lie, just to get rid of me.

However, unlike Arthos in this situation, I had a backup plan (as I always do), and was able to teleport away. BLINDLY teleport away, using Elthinaar's teleportation Stone ("Fly True" bay-bee). Why was it Blind? Cause I had no idea who had the other stone.

Come to find out the Dark Lord's Underling Lords had the stone and wanted to kill the Dark Elf who had the other stone. Lucky for me, I don't look like an elf and I grew some balls of steel that ultimately saved my life from certain peril (not to mention some cool powers!). ;-)

The key thing to remember is that "Some MotherF****er is always trying to ice skate up hill.", and knowing is half the battle. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

GM_Chris wrote:
As I have said alot, if Pentag's crew was under my control. A gm and an NPC. I would have marched against the town and attemtped to kill everyone. There would have been no mercy
For the record, that's exactly what we expected. Nowhere in Donovan's wildest dreams did he think Pentag was going to cut and run. I didn't expect him to be leading the charge, but I thought the chance to gain control of the weapon and wipe out Haven would be worth more to him than any number of minions. Minons can be replaced, but now the weapon is lost and Haven has time to regroup. Worst case scenario he slips away from his dying forces and starts torturing some new ones. (It's not like the man loathes his job.)

Maybe ol' Pentag's got the Captain Hook syndrome. Can't stand to win cause it ends the game.
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Kale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kale »

Donovan Thynedar wrote:but I thought the chance to gain control of the weapon and wipe out Haven would be worth more to him than any number of minions.

Maybe ol' Pentag's got the Captain Hook syndrome. Can't stand to win cause it ends the game.
Quetzel's a good bluffer. He convinced Pentag that he'd never get the weapon, so Pentag gave the town a bloody nose and left to cause mass suffering another day. ;-)
Tonia Glowski
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Tonia Glowski »

For the record, Nelkie, the 5 minutes of roleplay we had was very good and it was great to see you stretch your wings like that. Had it been my character's decision I would have talked to you as long as I could... then killed you.

I was enjoying the roleplay. There was, however, no way in hell I was going to believe a damn thing "Arthos" said and there was NO WAY I was going to pair up with a half-demon, even if you were legit, as you had your own agenda and made that very clear. Either way you were a liability for us.

I'm sorry the RP got cut short, but the outcome would have been the same on all fronts. Now roll that desire to RP into you next character and stay away from the number crunching.

Love,
Tonia
Tonia Brown
aka: Talanalassë Isilisurë the Elven Artificer (Final Haven)
Jade the Gargoyle (Final Haven)
Pasha the Sylvani Seer (Winter Haven)
Grok the Orc Head (A Pouch)