Medieval Times Take 2 Feb 18th.

Want to get people together outside of Final Haven? Post your ideas here!

Moderator: Admin

cole45
Town Member
Town Member

GREAT NEWS

Post by cole45 »

Okay guys here's the Deal.

A group sale requires 15 people, But coupons are not allowed.

A regular Reservation has no minimum number of people , But allows coupons. With Child tickets being free with an adult ticket in febuary, This works out to much greater benifit.

I can make the reservations, but I need to have the money when I do so. I have collect from most people. I will try to make the reservations next week.

ANYONE WHO NOW WANTS TO GO(especcially with the children discount) Please let me know soon!
Travis Cole
JOAT25
Town Member
Town Member

Post by JOAT25 »

As I already told Travis, no, Daku is not Kevin. For the love of God, I really, REALLY hope that Daku isn't Kevin, or else I am very confused.

Daku is Courtenay. She and I are planning on attending, as I have said repeatedly. I have no idea what that does to your head count, but I hope things are clarified.
Ingram Folles - Scholar
"Integrity comes when character is tested; keep true and never be ashamed of doing what is right."
"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself made the villain."
"I can't leave you alone for five minutes."
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

that would be awesome! But I've often found that places are often stingy with stuff like that.
Kittien
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kittien »

How many people are going? Jared and I would love to go…..The only thing is Jared needs to see if he is needed at work on Friday, so I can let you know by tomorrow night for sure if we can go. Oh, are you still trying to get the group discount???
Death will walk with me before the day is done!
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

Not really.

We just need to make reservations.

I need to know/and have the money by the end of the week.
Travis Cole
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

As of right now, ten people are going. I hope more will sign up.
Travis Cole
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

Although my family would love to go, we just don't have the scratch right now even with the children discount. :(

Sorry guys and have fun without us.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Reservations are made

Post by cole45 »

Reservations are made for the trip.

Ten people total. If anyone wants to come, Make a reservation for the 18th at 4pm. Get there early and request a seat by us. (we got the noble package.)

I intend on being down there at 2:30(that's when the doors open.) I couldn't confirm the color of our seats, and won't until we arrive. Hense the ealier the better.

Carpooling is an idea. Those of us in Grand haven/muskegon will be together. Anyone coming from the east side we could easily meet in Benton Harbor. (or where ever.) We will need to leave Grand Haven by at least Noon.
Travis Cole
Amagus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Amagus »

Be happy to join in a caravan, but need someone in Muskegon to set the rendezvous location. Also Shari and I need to get there early enough to check into our hotel room and change – which may preclude our joining the caravan.

We’re certain we can show up in garb? What are the limitations concerning weapons, shields, armor, catapults, burning donkeys, etc.?
Death is the threshold to immense possibility
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

I'm sure garb is Okay, I need to check on armor and weapons.(I seriously doubt it.)I will call and post my discovery.
Travis Cole
Daku of the North
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Going there...

Post by Daku of the North »

Ok, three things...

First, I live in Chicago, and don't know where you guys are staying there. Schaumburg ain't exactly the prettiest (nor the safest) of places. Hopefully, you all find good places to stay tho. I, however, will be staying at my house (maybe Olan and I could share a room with another couple at a hotel? Because he is not allowed in my house due to my mother--who he'd like to smother).

But when should I meet up with you guys? Meet at a hotel? Meet at the place? I'll be driving to Schaumburg alone (unless someone wants to go the extra 20 miles to pick me up in Aurora--money is in the offer), so I'd rather meet up with you at some point early before we all have to go to the place. I've never been there before and have no idea where I'm going.

Secondly, garb is great and all, but are we looking for Final Haven garb or just anything cool? I have a beautiful dress I'd really like to wear for the occassion.

Thirdly, who is coming now that everyone has paid up and is ready?
"Unlesss you're cooking, baking, or eating, get the heeeellll outta my kitchen!" ~ Jasmine, August event
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

NOTE:

Post by cole45 »

I missspoke, there are 12 people going.
Matt
Angie, with KT.
Paula
Me
DOug
Shel
Joe
COurtney
Eric Fransic
Jarod
Murie

That's the whole group.
Costumes OKAY. Weapons not okay. Armor(seating is not that comfortable, I don't recomend it.)

Please note you eat with your hands. Don't wear anything to delicate to get a little soup on it.

GARB. As far as I know, wear what ever you want. If you have non-fh garb you want to wear, feel free. I know alot of us will be playtesting our new character's costumes.
Travis Cole
Amagus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Amagus »

Don’t forget my wife, Shari!

I was considering going in Amagus garb, but the wow factor of the Gondorian knight is hard to pass up – I’m probably going as that.

I’m not sure where the hotel we’re staying at is. Shari told me she booked one right next door – address 2000 while Midieval times is at 2001…. But I’ve recently checked on that and discovered there’s no such hotel. Now I’m worried the one she booked may not even be in the same state (country, planet, galaxy, etc.). Gotta check with her on that. I’ll also check on sharing the room.
Death is the threshold to immense possibility
Daku of the North
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

OK

Post by Daku of the North »

Thanks for the clarification Travis, and thank you very much Doug for offering to check on sharing a room. That's very sweet. Like I said, I think Joe and my mother will kill each other if he stays at my mother's house. I could always have him stay at my aunt's/sister's, but I doubt that'd be very enjoyable...

Anyway, will look into different outfit...the dress I was going to wear was white and lacey...nevermind. lol Thanks for the forward warning, Travis.

P.S. it's Courtenay...please, no one try to pronounce it...unless you're fluent in proper French pronounciation.

Thanks again.
"Unlesss you're cooking, baking, or eating, get the heeeellll outta my kitchen!" ~ Jasmine, August event
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

Right. Shari. That's the one I had marked as Shel. I'm batting 1000 with names. Doug, I know your no stranger to uncomfortable costumes, But please keep in mind the seats at Medieval times are like benches with seats that swing back. Not that good for armor. But given your previous costumes, not that big a deal.
Travis Cole