September Event 2005

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Usually I go along on plots as a supporting character, but Friday night I had a deeply personal interest in pretty much everything I went on – and that night was pretty busy!

Saturday was back to the ‘ol supporting role again, as I was mainly trying to stay around town to be present when the Dragoness and Traz’s Negotiator arrived. ‘Course, they didn’t come until after nightfall. But getting to meet the evil dragon and watch the interplay between Corel and him was well worth the wait, as was the fact the Traz came, herself, instead of relying on the negotiator.

Sunday was definitely fun. I hadn’t done a whole lot of healing until then. Made me feel useful. :)

Normally I get taken down once per event. But last weekend I was dropped four times. That box-cave was the very definition of Eucatastrophe! Kudos to the evil plotwriters and GMs.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Atrum Draconus wrote:I agree with Reid
You keep doing this. Either I'm losing my touch or you're getting soft. :D
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

Oh man, I forgot all about the Vaun ball grab until you mentioned it...I remember Chris' character yelling "Oh! Those are my balls!" The dialog was disturbingly perfect. "You! Woman! Want to come with real man!?"

I kept magic rooting him...but it didn't work...

It was quite an experience, sorry to gush, but I'm still reeling. I've drove my husband crazy talking about it.

Going to the LARP makes me feel great. After a weekend of not sleeping, lots of walking and interacting with supernatural beings, real-life doesn't seem so hard.

I've never felt so useful in my role as a healer at an event.
Mike: For the majority of you, choosing to use a packet instead of a weapon is a hindrance because your aims suck.

Travis: Crap he is on to me.
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

*LOL* Yeah, well... I guess I've subconsciously been looking for a reason to grab him... thank the heavens for LARP. #_#

*grin* Seriously, though... Had I not been so in character, I would have felt really bad. I can't help it that I was sitting on the ground, holding up my hands trying to protect my circle, and he ran his crotch into my hands! *laugh* And what kind of a thanks do I get? He freaking tries to drag my character off to make a wife out of her!

*giggle* Yeah... that was funny, and a great scene to boot.
Dewy Stoutbringer
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Great event!!

Post by Dewy Stoutbringer »

WHat an event!! I had too much fun! And all I really did was to sit and make armor for people. The one plot I did was with the Gypsy girls, and we all had a good time with that. (Yeah Sam and Karen and crew!)

This was my 4th event //3rd as a player. Having helped / played Carps for 12+ years, I really had some high expectations for the game, especially with the crew that is running it.
I have to say that my expectations have been met and exceeded by the Marshalls, NPC's and players.
I have made some new friends, from all parts of the state. And for me that is the frosting on the cake. Speaking of Frosting, Dewberry also enjoyed the "walk" with Aislynne. (I'm a pervert...so shoot me!)

I can also say that I am now in this game for the long haul. I just enjoy it too much to give it up.

Thanks all and everyone!

Jim "Dewberry Dewald Jr.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's
His hair was perfect
--Warren Zevon
Kels
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kels »

All I have to say is that I am so tired it's not funny. so it must have been good! Nice Job on everything once again.

*Scott Bows to you all*
"Fear is only in your mind."

Captain of the Black Talon Unit
"Leadership is found, not chosen."
Phoenix Guard

Dick VERMEIL is a smooth mother

"If it moves Shoot it!"
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

::Beams with pride.::

Wow, so many nice things said about me... and some of them praising my wood! Uh, I mean...

Thanks guys. Was interesting GMing nearly full time, and I've found my Kryptonite... when we are ahead of a group of PCs and they are walking toward us and either Wayne of Chris turn looking me in the eye, and say, "Okay, What are we? You think of something." Usually I am a pretty creative person, but for some reason this stops my brain cold like it were a freaking command word. Not to mention trying to keep up with them. I spent most of my weekend limping my bad knee through areas that look like quasi-trails if you could actually see them without any moonlight using my claws like a blind man's cane (obviously a role-play aide for Tila) huffing and puffing while I see the others bounding through ahead of me like predatory deer. I hear next year we are going to avoid weekends with new moons to avoid the light safety issues.

I had a blast playing the pixies and I am very very happy they were apparently popular. I also loved playing 'Evan' with Soco, Angela, and Karen (And everyone else). Being told, "You’re a kid, find someone 'fun'." and walking directly into Eli was just... classic. I had much fun making Karen giggle while she tried to play the serious Ivy. ;) The orc costume that made me look like Shrek, and the moment I had with Roi. <Beetlejuice voice> "Hey Chuck, I'm here for your daughter. Heh heh."</Bettlejuice voice>

Yes, I even told the GMs as we stood out in the field Sunday we are going to bring some of the same Glow in the dark spray paint we saw on a stump to hit that damn pipe. If I have my way it will Glow in the dark and have reflector tape next event. I am seriously in favor of getting solar charged lawn lights for the steps, and maybe hit those with the glow paint to. Those things are the worst and a serious head injury waiting to happen if people play DareDevil (Reid, I'm lookin' at you). I hear that the jagged, rough, cement, doom stairs are going away next spring in the construction? Is this true?
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

As for the stairs, let's hope they are indeed addressed in the construction.

This event was, as usual, fantastic. I particularly enjoyed roleplaying with the newcomers and watching Ravinal's plot unfold. Great acting by everyone involved, and that applies to the whole event.
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

Well I know I enjoyed myself, but haven't figured anymore details than that. When I do I will let you know. :) :lol:
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Fun

Post by Nelkie »

I had a great time as usual. Great job everyone.

Here is some constructive critism. The trade routes need to come in a little earlier if possible. There where a few people checking out Saturday night and we where haveing trouble getting all the resources that where needed for upkeeps becasue none of the trade routes came in yet. I would like to see the trade routes come by game break or shortly after game break on Saturday. This would give the PC's a chance to trade with each other and have resources available for people who check out early.

Additional, if the trade routes could come spaced apart so the Haven can gaurd them when they come in. Do we not have any say in when they come in? We don't want to put allour eggs in one basket for it to be mugged by, well what ever the NPC's throw at us.

I found Saturday Morning and early afternoon alittle slow and heard a couple say they where boared. I don't know if people missed the plots or what, but it seemed a little slow early Saturday.

But over all it was great as usual. I just know I need to NPC more. I had a blast doing it, and got to have a couple great fights. Let me tell you there is nothing more heart pounding than being surrounded by 6 PC's trying to hack you down with arrows bouncing off ones chest and arms. It was just exciting and fun.
My Thoughts

Aaron
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Absolutely agree withthe traderoutes. this will happen as we move forward, but wasnt able to happen because of other logistic issues.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

People must have missed some plots...I left about 5 am Sunday morning, and I didn't stop moving much at this event. The few times I did stop was spent roleplaying with other folks.

I know the dead and stone people were kinda bored...Most people went to NPC while they were dead, I probably should have suggested this to a few more folks who probably didn't know they could do that.
Mike: For the majority of you, choosing to use a packet instead of a weapon is a hindrance because your aims suck.

Travis: Crap he is on to me.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

I also know there were a few plots where only like 3-5 people went on. I cannot control for that.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Kels
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kels »

I was allways busy with some plot or another so i do not think it was slow at all.
"Fear is only in your mind."

Captain of the Black Talon Unit
"Leadership is found, not chosen."
Phoenix Guard

Dick VERMEIL is a smooth mother

"If it moves Shoot it!"
Aislynne
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aislynne »

I agree. I think the event is as busy as you care to make it. You can choose to squash the ever-loving crap out of bugs ;) or sit back and role-play quietly...Both have need, however if I get to kill something Im there (even if most of the time it is I that is killed by something). LOL
If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything