July Event 2005

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

JOAT25 wrote:Nothing large and violent showed up while I was sleeping saturday night.
Ka will not be available on Saturday night now that I know something big and extremely ooky will be arriving next event.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

Nice job folks, I can't remember ever having to talk so much, or the last time I stayed up till after 6 am two days straight. Great plot stuff and effort from the GMs, you really answered the call of having so many players to work with. Can't wait till next time.

Reid, I know you have your heart set on a strawberry flavored sword, but really.
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
Sethreal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sethreal »

First off, an applause is in order for all the GM's and NPC's. I had a wonderfully painful time......So obviously it was a good event. I feel that the roleplaying was exceptonally good this event and I enjoyed it. The chaos realm was also very fun.

JJ
Former captain of the Azure Shields.
Ravinal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ravinal »

I just hope I didn't over-act. I tried to put alittle more character into my character this time 'round.
deceased
Midnight
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Midnight »

OMG, I had so much fun!

Wayne and Karen, the door in the tree plot was freakin' awsome. I really thought to myself "This is it... time to write up a new character." We even started saying our goodbyes to each other before we all died.

As for the "Society," may we always stick together!

Phoenix, I'm going to start charging you sweets to raise your asses from the dead ;)
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Corbyn wrote:Reid, I know you have your heart set on a strawberry flavored sword, but really.
mmm, swordlicious...

Unfortunately, we know Nelkie won't let me have a flavored sword. I'd end up eating it and it'd cost him resources. And I don't have the jaws of life to remove the death grip off he has on every resource he touches.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

OMG I had so much fun. I'm sore as hell, which means I got to run around and do stuff, which as all who know me means that I had a blast.

The PC/NPC stuff was fantastic. OMG Karen that was such a kick butt plot Saturday morning!!!!!

Also, loved the mayhem after game break. From the swamp fight (Colin, I so thought you had hurt yourself badly a few times, that was awsome), to the dark elf cave and sprinting back to the group to save my damn life, to the part with the food supplies.

Just WOW!!

Make the politics go away for you are making my head hurt.... :P
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
DrakelenasElderich
Town Member
Town Member

Post by DrakelenasElderich »

Another Great Event!!!

I have to say that its not an event for me if I'm not tied up for something I did, or dead on the floor wait to come back as yet another race. Lucky for me I was just tied up, then cut free, then tied up, then untied, then tied up again, then I broke out and went on a plot, only to return and tie myself back up so it looked like i never left. Man, good times.

I can't wait to see what crazy thing Drake does next event to cause civil war between everyone. I love my job.

As for the mess, you should have given me Order earlier in the event. I would have had that place nice and neat.

I have never laughed so hard on a plot as I did in the Chaos Realm, good job!!!

On a side note to the GM staff, you guys need to find a backup plan for Mike. He is going to be with Scott and I the whole next event. We need to get more $h1t done.

Good job PCs, NPCs, and GMs. Cant wait till next event!!
Drakelenas Elderich
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

I too had a wonderul time this event.. and it just wouldn't be an event for me lately if Midnight doesn't get to bring me back to life... Shale did it the first time, so I had to go and die again just so Midnight would get her fair share of my soul..(grin)...

You just name the sweets you want Midnight and I will make sure to bring them, cause I know I will be needing them..hehe..
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!
Midnight
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Midnight »

I still think there should be a discount on the time it takes to raise someone after you have raised them enough times. I mean, now I can recognize your soul easily, after seeing it so many times :P
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

hehe, Empath frequent flier miles..
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!
Ravinal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ravinal »

or even cornier.....frequent dier miles.
deceased
Trevor Owen
GM

while i love the kudos

Post by Trevor Owen »

Thanks for the kudos everyone. But if anyone has any specific things that they liked seeing, plots that were too hard, too easy, things that were distracting, etc. let us know about those too.

We were thinking about maybe trading out people's colored tarps from inside for brown ones so we didn't have blue and green tarps hanging inside... would that help with the atmosphere?

We are also thinking about having a loading/unloading area at the cabin, and then parking all the cars in the new lot by the well down from the cabin a bit, so there aren't cars in the way next time around.

Let us know how you feel about that.

Thanks,

Trevor
Master of witless lore and red herrings
Aislynne
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aislynne »

I think that would be an excellent idea about the tarps/cars...I think we all need to make a better effort to keep up after ourselves and/or have a clean up time set up at the end of the event.

THe NPC's/GM's/ and PC's did an excellent job this event. I just hope for more fighting at the next event. I'd like to see a little more bloodshed.

Drake I think we are all very interested to see what sick idea you can come up with next.

Look forward to seeing you all again in sept.

:twisted: :evil: :wink:
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

Well, well… where to begin? The incredible plots? The fantastic roleplaying? The mind-numbing exhaustion caused by 40+ hours of consciousness, heat, and in-game tension? All are worthy candidates for praise, but I’m going to begin and end with just one thing, and it will take me a bit of description to get there, so bear with me.

It’s Saturday night, and pick my head up off the table to realize that people are shouting about a trade caravan under attack. I haven’t slept since Thursday night, and have lost so much water weight that my equipment no longer fits. I can remember having a conversation with someone, and I realize I must have dozed off in the middle of it. I am truly to-the-bone weary, and in my mind Donovan is as well. He is depleted in mind, body, and spirit – making him worse off than I am by all accounts. Suddenly another person enters and announces that all of those who went to protect the caravan are dead, and that most of the Phoenix and the Duke were among them.

A coil of rage begins to tighten in Donovan’s chest. This is not the first time he has heard of his men dying so that the Haven might survive. It’s not even the first time today. Every time the Haven needs something, brave men and women buy it with blood and sacrifice. Many of those who fight and die are Phoenix, and it seems those who speak ill of them are quick to forget that. With laws, prophecies, dragons, heirs, mercenaries, demon babies, villains, invading armies, racial coups, infighting, politics, and his lost love all weighing heavily upon him, duty gives him the strength to stand up one more time.

By proxy, his duty gave me the strength to stand up one more time. My muscles screamed their protest, but out I went into the darkness. On my way back a half hour later I walked alone at the rear of the column and felt the pouring rain drench me in cool water. My overheated, beaten body was renewed by presence of the storm and by Donovan’s conviction. The droplets drummed against my armor as lightning danced across the sky, and I feasted on the sensations. The weary soul of a man fighting for righteousness, the sweet agony of our mutual exhaustion, the physical and mental weights of his sword and armor, the heartache of loss, the pain of division, the vision of the tempest, and the feel of the rain all brought me to a place that no book or movie ever could. Word and images simply cannot do justice to that kind of experience, and that is what I love about the game. Everyone involved is a part of that experience, but extra credit goes to the GM’s who write and organize our adventures.

Thanks again, to all of you.
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.