something stupid this way comes

Townsmen with the shakes huddle around the glowing embers of what may have been a roaring fire. Speak quick, lest thee be to long in the open!

Moderator: Admin

grimble_greentooth

something stupid this way comes

Post by grimble_greentooth »

<A squat, portly, massively muscled orc approaches. He is dressed in naught but a tattered loincloth and is carrying two visible items: A fur travelling bag and an ogre bone the size of a man. He is appears disorineted and grunts several times to himself, appearing to count on his free hand>

Hmmm.......me grimble. Me looking for someone. Me got lost in big rucuss a while back. Donno what happend.

<scratches bald head>

Looking for friends. WHere nim? Where Ilonwee. where pay-sir? Where ArtyGal? WHere Koner? Where Blackthorn?

Help Grimble.....

Uhhmmmm.

<appears more confused than ever>
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

My Friend

Post by Nelkie »

*An elf dressed in black studded leather armor carrying a shield with many weapons sheathed on his belt approaches Grimble*

*The elf approaches with in 6 feet of Grimble and stops. He looks at him for some time with a curious look. Than says*

Well meet Grimble. My name is Arthos Vanshriek. I couldn't help to over hear your confused request for the location of certain people. I may be able to help you. Let me see, ah yes,

Artigal. I meet him a couple weeks ago. A nice man who found out he had a son in which he thought he could not have. He is wise in his old age and has treated this town and me with respect and kindness. I still think he is around the area. I believe if you wait here in town, you two will meet.

Now the name Islandway has come up in conversation before. I do not know if she survives the cataclysm or not, but her followers still do her bidding. Her cult of IO still lives on destroying Florins creations and helping people where they can. That is all I know.

I have heard a story about a Dwarf named Blackthorn Heldrummer. In many of the accounts he was a savior to his people, a betrayer of his of honor, the monster of humanity, the peace bringer, and many good and bad titles. According to the stories he was destroyed in the cataclysm trying to prevent the destruction of his homeland. They said he fought with honor to the end. But the curious thing the stories say his body was never found. Who knows he might still live on.

We'll I hope this helps. I only ask if you do stay in town that you help defend this town and do not bring violence to the people.

*Arthos steps forward and holds out his hand in a sign of friend ship to Grimble. Arthos warmly smiles at Grimble*
My Thoughts

Aaron
grimble_greentooth

hmmmpf

*sniffs arthos' hand*

you pointy ear. me like pointy ear. i meet a pointy ear a while back named burin....or something. lady eliwee a pointy ear too. me likes.

you good with me.

*bear hugs arthos, lifting him off the ground*
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Names from the past. Strange. Spoken as though all lived in one place... knew each other.

This could not have been for decades, and Orcs are not known for their longevity. Grimble would appear to be a victim of the time distortions.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Garet Maevers
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Garet Maevers »

I believe you are correct Dallid. Grimble, would you tell me what you can remember? Your story would help a great deal in rebuilding the lore library and maybe I can help you piece some things together.
grimble_greentooth

grimble speaks

Garet Maevers wrote:I believe you are correct Dallid. Grimble, would you tell me what you can remember? Your story would help a great deal in rebuilding the lore library and maybe I can help you piece some things together.

ummpff. time dis-what?

Grimble wander in forest away from Eyelaywee and Nim. pick flower for Lady eyely. Come back to camp to find all gone. Burning buildings, dead people. MAke grimble sad. Me, Bone, and FLower go to mountians to be alone. Found a cave. Ate FLower. Got sleepy.
Woke up, everything different. No camp, no grom-people. No friends. Grimble want to help maevy, but me no know much. help me find Lady Eylee so i can tell her sorry for eating FLower and burning hair. ALso knew a little Painted Man. He bad person. MAke Grimble very mad.

*Starts to become visibly angry*

Must find Painted Man. He hurt grimble. Find Rogarr and OX too. They help me.

*Huffs a little then calms down*

Me sorry Maevee-Ers. Me get mad. OKay now. me hungry. You feed grimble?

*Grins a one-tusked grin*
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Ah! A preserving sleep, then! I had studied such remedies in my youth - generally used to arrest the progress of poison or disease until such time as proper treatment could be given. But to slumber so long... that was a potent flower! Likely would have been a final sleep for a less robust being!

Though you may also have shifted through time during your sleep, as well.

Ah, forgive my wandering mind. Yes, surely you are hungry. We have reaped a fine harvest, however it must last the winter, so I'm afraid the portions we can offer are meager. Still, it is more than nothing, so come eat and drink with us. Perhaps later you can join a hunting party to bring back more substancial food, and thus eat your fill.
grimble_greentooth

Ah, forgive my wandering mind. Yes, surely you are hungry. We have reaped a fine harvest, however it must last the winter, so I'm afraid the portions we can offer are meager. Still, it is more than nothing, so come eat and drink with us. Perhaps later you can join a hunting party to bring back more substancial food, and thus eat your fill.

sometimes grimbles mind wander out of his body. one time, a lex cast magick at me and i see my body on da ground. i dunno what ta think. he call it Progekin or somethin.

I hunt. We all eat well. You heaLer?
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

*Nods*

That I am. I am Dallid, and I hope you will find a home here among us in Haven.