LV.4 discipline weapon focus

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

We try to make each path have the same number of skills for customer service reasons not balance reasons.

For example, we could give empath only 1 skill which was a 30 second charge time..point at the target..and they die.

It would be horribly unbalancing and people would complain that it was too powerful. The funny thing is the empaths would complain about how they dodnt have as many skills as the other paths.

people compare too much. :)
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

can we give that skill to the warriors then....we wont complain about to few skills...i promise!

immunity to fear would be okay, but i recall it said at one point that the last thing warrior needed was more immunitys/resists
Aside from the sure footed...what resist/immunity do they have? (and parry doesnt qualify since its frontal MELLE attacks only)
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

warrior has dump skills. all four skills are great.(waylay i'm looking at you.)

so I could do immunity to fear since you would have to trade one of the amazing skills for it. (2 cr, 2 life, or parry or rage....ALL GOOD.)
Travis Cole
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

Ah well see i think rage is pointless, since its naught but foolishness to get +1 damage but lose your ability to activate other skills ANd if you already have another weapon focus you must also drop your shield.

Id rather wait three more events and get a floating hero point as often as the extra damage is critical to have.

Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

Well everyone has a different style of play. I feel Rage is a situational skill, powerful but it must be used wisely like with an ally who can defend you while strike the enemy with a flurry of blows.

Has anybody (Other than myself who it offers ZERO benefit because of being venerable) ever dropped the Rage skill?
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

I was just saying that trading immunity to fear for one of those skills wasn't broken.
Travis Cole
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

Has anybody (Other than myself who it offers ZERO benefit because of being venerable) ever dropped the Rage skill?
If your asking if its been swapped out for a diff skill, I have a few PC skill sets written out for an orc warrior and a dwarf crafter and neither has it.

Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

I'm talking about actually playing a character with the Warrior path for more than one event and dropping the Rage skill completely. Do you know of anyone?
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

me, niether of my Arks had/have rage when the updates came out, one had one for an event, was swapped after.
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Haku
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Haku »

I know a certain Lord Marshall who purposely dropped rage, just because he likes to have the option to use his other abilities... Let the people who specifically built melee tanks have their moment to shine, I like to live to fight another day
~ Carpe Nocturn ~

Paer'An' Alla'Ana
Lightning Rider
Defender of the Flame
Honor Guard of the Last Grand Oracle
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

I'm talking about actually playing a character with the Warrior path for more than one event and dropping the Rage skill completely. Do you know of anyone?
I understood what you meant. my original PC was a warrior that I played for two years. after the Frostfell event and the break up o fthe orcs my socond Pc was also a warrior. Neither used rage in its current form (the orc did when you didnt have to drop your shield and use two hands with crush) and both would have had it swapped out if they had been around for the expansion rules.
Last edited by Wyrmwrath on Thu May 05, 2011 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Altearez
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Altearez »

killing blow-warrior may swing their current soak total in one attack droping them to zero(this also breaks their weapon).
ImageImageImage
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

killing blow

I actually like this.

since the opposing guy could parry and get away with it, there would be ways to defeat them.

i'd rather it be -1. Karmic strike kind of thing as well as a cool down.(potion kill potion kill. aw hell no.)

I would limit it to 30. (why thirty?) emath does thirty close to top end burst damage.
Travis Cole
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

In anopther LARP there is a SLAY skill. The PC spends the pool points( all magic and combat skills have a pool cost like machines running off a battery) and hit the target and call SLAY/MAGIC SLAY and the target must defend/avoid or be rendered dead (the equivelent to killing blowed, but there is a process in that game that allows PCs to be "ressurected at least twice before there is a chance for permenant death).

Id say 2 or 3 LP to call SLAY/DEATH BLOW and the target can dodge, parry or physicly avoid the hit or be killing blowed. Would have to balance it by giving wizards a costly spell that could resist it so rogues arent the only ones with a defense (outside warrior), say a PHYSICAL RESIST spell that blocks one melee attack totally. Spell is pricey to cast (if used drops the user to 0 LP or long cast time, or needs the user to expend 3LP or like a brewed liquid to cast), lasts combat duration and prevents the protected Pc to be unhealable until the spell is used/removed.

Would add a serios "holy crap!" factor when facing tough warrior NPCs and be very heroic for Pc warriors when facing tough NPCs.
Last edited by Wyrmwrath on Thu May 05, 2011 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

I'm never going to be a fan of kamikaze skills. Being able to deal 35 damage (Active Skill Damage Cap) instantly while on the move is not good.

I can see the appeal from a roleplay standpoint, you go in and sacrifice yourself to land the killing blow on an enemy.

But what about pairing it with Assassin to do 35 Vorpal to the back of a PC? Pop a potion and you are back up and running.