Inside the walls.

Inside and around Castle Gravesbane
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"That friend is a mages tower and in it the heart of a storm." Abaddon says his mask lit up under the flicking of cloud to cloud bolts.

"Loud, yes but the Chaos reined in to channel the raw magic."
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Garritt
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Garritt »

When Dallid casts sooth on Garritt, the flames wreating his hand gutter away until they disappear completely. He draws a great breath deep into his lungs and lets it out through his nose. He looks around again at those present. He still looks gruff and angry, but it's a low simmer that seems to be directed inward, rather than the manic rage of before.

"I'm....I'm...."

He sways a bit and quickly sits down on the stone porch and puts his head in his hands for a moment before looking up. Then he sighs and curses under his breath.

"None of you should have had to see that, dammit-all. There used to be a time, before I ever even showed up in Avenguard, that if I woke up to this kind of noise it meant that I would be burying friends before the hour was up. That or they'd be burying me.

(he snorts)

I thought it'd be better here, but I guess it'll never really go away. Hell, I think half the reason Rylls and I sleep alone is out of the fear I'll get startled awake and maybe stab someone."

(he jabs a finger at Abaddon and scowls)

"Yeah, whatever. You'd think most people would try to keep this racket confined to the daytime, rather than awakening men who were just about to have the first good night's sleep they've had in close to five years, wouldn't you?

(muttered to himself) I almost got to see her smile.....

.......You know lightning strikes in the bloody daytime, too, right?"
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"indeed but I needed the gap in the world left by the witching hour. Only then could I pull in enough magic to funnel thusly and that sadly is late into the night. I am sorry to disturb any slumbers that have been shaken on my account." The old man says.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Approaches the group sword and sheild in hand. The young witch-hunter doesn't look to pleased.*

What...what is going on here. What is with the lightening and all this magic. I could feel it from where our encampment is out in the woods.

*Her gaze drawn to Abaddon with much caution*

What are you up to and are others aware of this...

*She looks at Garritt*

Garritt right? We met a long time ago back in Avantguard.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

The old man leans on his long wooden staff his weight pushing the end into the snow. His mask is covered in ice and the wind is howling through the walls with the wailing of banshee.

"I am building a tower. As you can see there are quite a few people here but I thought I would do things loudly and in public for a change of pace. As for magic, yes I have used a spell to help me with the construction of this tower. You certainly didn't expect me to pick up a brick did you?"

The tower continues to grow slowly so slowly that the only way to measure it's movement is to look away for a few minutes and then back to to see the tiniest finger of growth like a twisted rock candy.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora looks at Abaddon*

A tower with magic for what purpose. Right now this thing is like a large bonfire Abaddon, if I can feel this thing from where I was then who know what else or who else might be drawn to this thing.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

" I am building a tower to reside in, so as not to displace others and I thought I would take to opportunity to create a Valkyn'Vi lightning Forge. As for a single, Anything thing with in sensing range already wants to eat us. It is behind a wall and I am here to protect it, and others from harm. " Abaddon says. "No should Queen Esmeralda wish for me to take it down, I will do so."

The Old man stands comfortable in the howling wind and sleet billowing. Kami stands next to the old man.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Dallid looks back toward the tower appraisingly. "I doubt we need now worry of lightning striking anywhere else in Haven, now."
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora lets out a sigh*

What is this Lightening forge gonig to be used for? The reason I am showing an air of concern is that I haven't felt a magical pull like this in awhile.

I was alseep and could feel a magical pull to here.

*She looks at Dallid*

I just have my doubts about the pull of this thing especially with the Master and all running around. I guess somone needs to be a little cautious.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Haku
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Haku »

He walks out into the courtyard, side-stepping puddles and patches of ice. His footing is sure, but it's a meandering route that he takes towards the Forge, and the group gathered before it. As he approaches them, he catches the last bit of the Witch Hunter's protest

"I doubt the Master is foolish enough to try and engage us directly Aurora, especially here in the middle of the Keep. At best he might send someone to try and infiltrate the Forge to learn it's secrets, but knowing Abaddon, certain countermeasures will surely be in place."

He stands there a moment, admiring the tower and the raw power it was designed to harness. Before he leaves for the warm interior of the Keep, he tilts his head towards Abaddon and says something in Valkin' Vi'. With a nod and a small bow to everyone still assembled, he takes his leave
~ Carpe Nocturn ~

Paer'An' Alla'Ana
Lightning Rider
Defender of the Flame
Honor Guard of the Last Grand Oracle
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

"Abbadon could answer best, I think. But as I understand it, a Lightning forge is a place where lightning strikes may be expected during a storm. A mage may then stand ready to harness the power of the lightning to achieve an end."

He turns back toward Abbadon and Esmerelda. "Of course, such ends should be made public before any such harvesting occurs. A decree to this effect ought to be made. We've witnessed what can happen when too much power is collected in secret."

"As for the Master, we know too little to assume what is and is not within his reach. Should he gather enough power, himself, and should such an act serve his needs, a brazen frontal attack could well occur, and succeed."
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"I intend only to use the lightning forge for the kinds of actions one uses a regular forge for, that is the heating and bending of metal and the likes. It is simply the tool I am familiar with." Abaddon says, the bells on his hat jingling in the wind.
Garritt
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Garritt »

(Sorry, Away from Comp for awhile)

(To Aurora)

"Hmph. Yeah..... Avenguard. Rylls and I came here looking for greener pastures, you could say."

(Garritt looks around, and starts shivering. He didn't notice the cold when he came barging out, but now his skin is pale enough that his scars are a deep purple. Looking down, he frowns and shifts the edge of a foot away from the small drift of snow on the porch that it had been touching.)

"Huh. Guess I should put some shoes on. Probably a shirt, too."

He shrugs and puts his arms around himself, disregarding the growing shivering for awhile, and looks to Abaddon.

You known, while Rylls says he appreciates the nature of all....this, the pessimist in me has to think that a set of blacksmith's tools carry a helluva lot smaller chance of electrocution.
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Less chance of electrocution and increased chance of being burned. Risk reward I suppose." Abaddon said eying the structure. "It will not be ready for a month or two, it has a long way to go. Depending on the weather anywway."

The structure creeks as it grows ever so slowly.