A few questions...

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Arjan
Town Member
Town Member

A few questions...

Post by Arjan »

1) What is the minimum charge time for a skill?

2)How does a person get an item like a brewed liquid?

3)Would a dwarf's +1 damage stack with another Discipline"s +1?

4)A basic alchemy lab allows you to brew 4 additional basic potions during the game, what does that make the total # you can brew during game?
Jonny Tremaine,
Master smith of little renown

Pity those that choose not REDEMPTION,
For their deaths shall not be swift.
Salvatore_Tenhammers
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: A few questions...

Post by Salvatore_Tenhammers »

Arjan wrote:1) What is the minimum charge time for a skill?

4)A basic alchemy lab allows you to brew 4 additional basic potions during the game, what does that make the total # you can brew during game?
I can't answer all of these but I can help you out with what I know.

2) A Brewed Liquid can be found as part of a treasure, it can be bought from the in-game trading post (sometimes), it can be made in-between events, or it can be made by a craftsman during an event.

4) Alchemies are given out at check-in. A Lab lets Alchemies be brewed during the event. A Basic Lab allows the Alchemist to brew 4 more Alchemies for the event.
If you want it we got it. If we don't got it, we'll get it.
Arjan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Arjan »

2) A Brewed Liquid can be found as part of a treasure, it can be bought from the in-game trading post (sometimes), it can be made in-between events, or it can be made by a craftsman during an event.
What do they need and how do they do it?
4) Alchemies are given out at check-in. A Lab lets Alchemies be brewed during the event. A Basic Lab allows the Alchemist to brew 4 more Alchemies for the event.
So the max they can brew is 4?

Thanks for the help so far. Other answers and clarifactions are helpful.
Jonny Tremaine,

GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

Let me help here..

1) What is the minimum charge time for a skill?

Answer - 2 seconds

Answer - Currently there are several ways -

1. Craftsman Level 2 is being Playtested that they can make Commodities during an event (A Brewed Liquid is a Commodity) and it requires 4 resources for the Craftsman to make, a Brewed Liquid costs a Food,Hide,Supplies,Steel.

2. You can also make Commodities between events by pating 50 Copper to be able to make the Commodity, along with the required resources. The thing here is that you may also play additional copper (up to 100) to reduce the resources needed to make a Commodity. (I.E. if you pay 150 Copper you can reduce the resources needed to make Brewed Liquids to just a Food and Hide, and may make as many as you have resources.) The Resources that you reduce by paying additional copper is always the right most resources. You can find what resources a Commodity costs by looking in the Heroes and Villians Expansion book in the Economy section.

3. Occasionaly they canbe found as Treasure but this is rare and also random.

Answer - This would stack with Rage, or Single Weapon Speciilization. I do not believe that you can stack the Dwraven Weapon Specilization with a Weapon Specialization of the same type.

Answer - With Wizard you now receive and Potion skills you pick from Wizard or Arcanist at Game-on. You receive 2 Basic Potions, and 1 Advanced and Master potion per skill (an we are currently doubling all Cure Potions that are picked). This is to show what you have been "Brewing" in-between events. Purchasing an Alchemy Lab allows you to "Brew" additional potions during the game, but you are still only limited to the Potion skills you possess. The amount of additional Potions you may brew is limited by your character and not how many Labs you have. A character may brew 4 additional Basic potions with a Basic Lab, 3 additional Advanced potions with an Advanced Lab, and 2 additional Master potions with a Master Lab.

I hope these answers help, and if you have any more questions feel free to ask.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Arjan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Arjan »

Thanks Phil that helps just have one last question and I'm pretty sure the answer's no but, want to make sure.

Can you buy the same potion skill twice to double the # of potions you get?
Jonny Tremaine,

GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

You are correct in that the answer is No.

In general you can assume that when you buy a skill from a Path or Discipline, that skill would be considerd "Greyed Out" in a computer game, therefor unchoosable for a second time.

Now you can buy the same named skill from another Path or Discipline - aka Combat Reflexes and they will stack.

But Wizard/Arcanist is different in that when you buy Arcanist levels you are just buying the ability to choose Wizard spells or Potions.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Arjan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Arjan »

Ok, one more.

A person can only have two use bow skills stack for a base damage of 2 vorpal, why can't they take full advantage for the 4 they could get with proper planning? (base damage of 4 vorpal)
Jonny Tremaine,

cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

because it would be wrong to fire 4 vorpal as fast as you can shoot, or with 10 and fifteen second charges.

that's why.
Travis Cole
Arjan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Arjan »

Warriors can swing a constant 4 at about 1/sec if they keep their swings within reason. The average game archer can shoot about 1 every 6-10 seconds. a fast archer can loft 13-14 in a minute (about 1 every 4.4 sec) (that's what I shoot in competitions) with a spread of about 4 feet at 15 paces. How can an archer at 52 vorpal compare with a warrior at 240? (or 180 if swinging 3's) or rogues with a sage buff at 120/min (180/min with a curved dagger). they just seem a bit (lot) under-powered.

Oh and a 15 sec/10 vorpal is only 40/min, what's a swashbuckler dish out in the same time?
Jonny Tremaine,

cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

Warriors can swing a constant 4 at about 1/sec if they keep their swings within reason. The average game archer can shoot about 1 every 6-10 seconds. a fast archer can loft 13-14 in a minute (about 1 every 4.4 sec) (that's what I shoot in competitions) with a spread of about 4 feet at 15 paces. How can an archer at 52 vorpal compare with a warrior at 240? (or 180 if swinging 3's) or rogues with a sage buff at 120/min (180/min with a curved dagger). they just seem a bit (lot) under-powered.

1. use bow is twenty points. like press.

two, it does it from range, sure warrior can tank it up, but the they have to soak up the damage. for rogues to get the dps skill it takes a lot more than measily twenty points.

if you want high end, go archer. ten vorpals are sick an wrong in the naughty place.

did you just say fourty vorpal/min, from a distance which makes you safe, that can't be parried is weak? did you really say that?

typically, in DPS, I rate Crush and Vorpal as X5 modifiers. and that's with out range.
Travis Cole
Arjan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Arjan »

Would there be a way to increase the cost of the third and fourth levels of use bow making them harder to get but, still allowing them to be available? Maybe as a higher level advanced skill?

most LARP safe bows have an effective range of 20'-25' in combat. hanestly, 20' isn't that safe.
Last edited by Arjan on Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonny Tremaine,

cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

Not right now. bring up during off season.
Travis Cole
Arjan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Arjan »

I'll do that. When would be a good time to send out the reminder?
Jonny Tremaine,

cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

anytime after next week.
Travis Cole