October feedback

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

celegar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by celegar »

dang right, its not that hard for each person to take their plate when the're done and rinse it/clean it and put it in that drying rack. takes like 2 seconds. or bring yo own feast ware.
YOU STAY SMART, YOU STAY ALIVE, DONT DO NOTTING STUPID.
Goonter
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Goonter »

First things first, to Travis, no hard feelings about what happened to Charlesk. This gives me a chance to play someone who can actually fight.

To Melissa, Dani, Julie, and everyone else who helped in the kitchen (sorry, I don't know all your names yet) MANY THANK YOUS!!! The food was delicious and we all appreciate the time that you took and the effort you put forth to making nobody went hungry this weekend. Also Melissa, fantastic work on the ball, it was beautiful and fun (although my new character has a tendency to wander away from crowded places at times), and I was so tempted to drink chocolate directly from the fountain once things died down, but I was not sure if you would appreciate that, so I refrained.

To the GM's: Keep it coming, the plots were awesome; and thank you for letting me NPC some awesome tough monsters for a while, even with only 5 NPCs, we were still a force to be reckoned with! My favorite NPCs of course were the guthries in charge of the game. IT'S A BEAR!!!
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

Research:

I really enjoyed the way Chris did research, and all my doubts were for nothing. It was great, and felt IN game. Bravo.

GMS, even with a bare bones staff you guys did an excellent job.
Travis Cole
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

LOL I was going along reading posts, enjoying everything then I got to Travis's post and literally ducked in fear of lightning or some other bad thing striking me on the head.

Be warned the end is near!
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Azra
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Azra »

I'm slow at getting to feedback...

First event I've been to in a long time, and it was well worth it. I'm a little bummed that I missed out on Friday, but Saturday was where the real fun was. The games were awesome (but no archery this year. :() The ball was fantastic! Melissa does an amazing job putting this together every year. I really enjoyed the battle against the elves, and felt I really got to make a difference in that one. The GMs did an awesome job, even with the limited number of NPCs this event.

The food was great as always, mega thanks to Melissa, Christine, Dani, Julie, and the girls for putting this together.

All the new players were great (and those of you who weren't new, but I'd never gotten a chance to play with.) All in all, I'm super excited for the next event and you guys have me all cracked out again.
Azra Celevares
Arìen
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Arìen »

That was my first time to an event, and it was amazing. Thanks to all of the GM's and NPC's. Also thanks to the PC's who didn't let me die. The roleplaying was amazing, and I had a great time. I can't wait until next event.

Too bad the ball was cut in short due to other circumstances, but it was still awesome. Thanks
Samantha
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Samantha »

I don't even participate in what goes on at the Inn during the weekend, but I know for a fact that Melissa and company work their asses off to make sure folks are fed and content. You all looked fantastic at the ball and I hope you all had a really great time.

However, this bears saying and I'm not even going to let Mike proofread it (he takes all the swear words out) because I hope you all hear it and spread it to the rest of your fellow players:

We are all adults. During these weekends, we get to be kids and play make believe for a time. This does not mean you get to disrespect the people and area around you by not taking care of your messes, your personal area or belongings. If I've said it before, I've said it a thousand times and apparently it's not restricted to my Nazi houskeeping style at NPC camp: Be responsible. Throw away your own garbage, take care of your own dishes, don't walk into a place (NPC camp) and vomit your personal belongings all over the floor/chair/table - especially NPC camp where we need to keep a work space cleared for you. I understand that we're human and we forget and sometimes get wrapped up in the goings on, but do NOT let that excuse you from excersising common courtesy.

And police each other in this, too. If you're tired of hearing the same old thing and you know you're not one of those people, police your buddies and make them aware. If people aren't pulling their fair load during clean up (or even during an event!) please let us know. No one should ever feel put out or disrespected.

These weekends are fun, but they are also a lot of work. It's work we like or we wouldn't do it at all because, well, then it'd be, like, work. But it would be much more effortless fun for many if simple manners were applied more often.

Lastly, and I know some of you are going to roll your eyes and moan and think I'm a big wuss upon hearing this, but please, please, please check your swing and watch where you're aiming those shields. Even with a full group of NPCs, we are getting whaled on probably ten hits for every one we deliver to you. If I'm ever hitting too hard, please let me know. I know I let a lot of bad head shots off this weekend and I apologize profusely (especially to Scott and his left ear!). I was not in good form this weekend, personally. However, I also walked away from a few battles (a big thing with a staff of 6) because I just got tired of getting hurt. Those of you with your big body shields need to be aware of where they are in space; I have only now pulled my nose from the back of my smashed face. :-) There's more killing to come, I'm sure, so please keep that in mind as we head into November. Kill us gently, if you would be so kind, that we may live to try and kill you another day.

I'm sorry if that sounded overly mean or if I offended anyone, but I wanted to reiterate some PC points from the NPC perspective.

Oh, and thank you a billion to the loyal Thrifty Mystic shoppers! I probably won't set up shop for November as most of my inventory got liquidated and we're most likely just going to be too busy, but thank you, thank you, thank you for helping us out! We'll go through our wares again over the season break and see what other wonders we can offer you in the spring!

OK, (pant, pant, pant) that is all. Thanks to everyone for coming and for being so patient with out minimal staffing.

I still love you all and you're still all fabulous!!!!
Sam
"It ain't no mystery,
if it's politics or history.
The thing you gotta know is,
Everything is showbiz!"
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

Some actual feed back:

Worst part of the weekend was: No Wayne or Chris or Todd (heh I'd totally put killed by fruit drink on your tomb stone) :/ was really looking forward to seeing Wayne-O back from being lost to us. Any chance we'll see him in November? I miss my all time favorite Ghoul. :( I had so many questions saved up for when I saw him. As for Chris just not the same w/o a mad man running at me 90 miles an hr.

Best part: Loads of Karen hugs + the Karen vs SoCo pie fight :) I had pie all over my outfit when I got home, Mike's Chris Farley bit way freaking funny, loved the Guthrie games WAY better than those lame Caledonia games any day and twice on the weekend, the FOOD omg those girls kick butt - heh 50% of the reason I missed the previous event was there being no meal plan (other 50% was driving to port heron).

Now if I could just get Mike to answer pm's I'd be complete. ;)

Other great quotes from event...

"no, I'm a wood elf"

"Noooo gooooddd"

"I will call him Steve"

"So see you guys in November?" dead air, "OK then maybe not him, what about you two"
-Eli (Full Elvish: Elaith Vonaduran Craulnober)

There once was a man named Eli,
A man who claimed he could not die.
But one thing makes him wail:
That's when there is no ALE!
Thus his tale: with no beer, he will cry.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
noshii
New in Town
New in Town

Post by noshii »

Thanks so much for the warm smiles and welcome arms for it was quite chilly outside!

Noshii had tons of fun, unfortunetly she isn't that bright and missed most of the political details but she likes it that way. Free

The food was awesome but i did gain like five pounds throughout the weekend, yikes!

I'm so glad Christy(Arien) and Matt (Tharivol) got to come and be apart of my SWEET new Larp family. THNAKS

no complaints, unexpected things rule, i did sleep a little more then i ment to during saturday before the ball. As soon as we got home, all i heard was "Fuck them elves!" from my 2 geeky boys.
Samantha
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Samantha »

Oh, for crap's sake, I'm still laughing when I remember Mike: "NOOO GOOOOOD!"

Thanks for putting me back on task, SoCo; easy to get wrapped up in the bitchin' an' moanin.'

Dunno about Wayne. Todd was illin' but we'll keep beating him until he gets better and drag him to November. The last word on the street was that LeeLee, Bill (Original Recipe), AND Chris will be at November, so look the hell out. If we could snag Colin and Jim, too...hoo boy. Look out for some olde school killin'.
"It ain't no mystery,
if it's politics or history.
The thing you gotta know is,
Everything is showbiz!"
Keridwen
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Keridwen »

First and Foremost, What an awesome event!!!!!!! :shock: Second, I have to apologize to Esmeralda for charging and not blowing up the place. A huge error on Keridwen's part and I promise it will NEVER happen again. Also, I would like to thank all the wonderful ladies whom worked on the spectacular food all weekend, its worth so much more than being charged and I am willing to pay more monies for it in the future if you are still having it and I will make sure to make more of an effort to help. For all the adventures I went on great job NPC's and PC's for all the roleplaying. Let's hope I can see you all at the next event and if I don't. There is always next year.
Keridwen Of Ravenskeep
Woden
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Woden »

Eli wrote:Todd (heh I'd totally put killed by fruit drink on your tomb stone)
Yeah, who knew they could fight back!
Goonter
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Goonter »

Kels wrote:TWO BOOMS!!!!!!! PLUS 4 TO WHAT?!?!?!?!?
PUT THAT BABY IN KANDIUM DIAPERS!!!
The Wanderer
Haku
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Haku »

First and foremost, this was one of the most exciting events I've been too so big thanks to everyone that made that happen. The food was absolutely AMAZING, and from what I was able to see and be a part of, the Ball was awesome. The quality and amount of roleplaying that I was a part of made it an unforgettable weekend, so thank you to everyone that had a hand in that. I was so busy the entire time I was out there...

With all that being said, I am only going to say this once. The amount of out-of-game chatter about pretty important in-game things was RIDICULOUS. Reign it in, let people find out about things instead of telling them (because I like the surprise), and just watch what you're saying.

Other than that, and a little mix-up on the whole "Ooops, the House of Chance is GONE" SNAFU, this was an amazing event. Sorry I didn't help clean up at the Inn as Jessica and I were busy cleaning up at the House of Chance...

Totally can't wait for November!

And oh yeah, "I MAKE IT RAIN!!"
~ Carpe Nocturn ~

Paer'An' Alla'Ana
Lightning Rider
Defender of the Flame
Honor Guard of the Last Grand Oracle
celegar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by celegar »

k, my turn. cus im bored.

good:
fightin, some was actually theatrical, which is fun to do and fun to watch.
team green. yeah, were awsom
team green winning every guthrie game. yeah, still awsom
steve teh gobbo. he's the teller to my pen, we'll have to go hunting more often, we find the most interesting things.
food. always amazing. props.
ball food. i want the recipe for the bread with cream cheese in it. i neeeeeds it.
ball costumes. you guys have WAY too much time on your hands.
chickens......i hate chickens.
"im dumb? your calling me dumb? your going around DEMANDING ROCKS, ROCKS IS FREE!"

bad:
drama, i hates it.
gm lack of communication. which causes drama.
people not taking hits
people not taking packets

ugly:
treestumps
wet
cold
muddy
more cold
not enough boobies
also cold
attack in the middle of the ball. bad timing guys.(more on this in a bit)
not getting enough sleep
getting too much sleep
sore feet

so, on the issue of drama in middle of ball. seriously bad timing. now, i understand that it was something that had to happen this event. but, as i understand it and as it was explained to me, the ball is effectively a time for rp only, with minor amount of combat, not something that pulls everyone away from the thing that is requested for only a few hours out of every year. im sure there were ways that it could have been avoided with some clever gm'ery. i know id have been pissed if i went to all that trouble to get all dressed up in fancy cloths then have to go fight in the mud, and have made all that food just for it to get stale.

overall, it was a decent event, on the sweet scale i would rate it a meh though. most of the interesting thing i did i had to wander around in the woods for, which is fine, but isnt productive for everyone else in town since i need a personal npc to run those encounters. hope it picks up by next event.
YOU STAY SMART, YOU STAY ALIVE, DONT DO NOTTING STUPID.