Feedback - May Event

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

GM_Chris wrote:Those upkeep values or the values for resources are not set in stone they will fluctuate based on either money in the system (infation/deflation) or amount of resources in the game (supply/demand).

Soooo

Each player gets X amount of coin

Production sources bring in resources.

Production sources cost resources for upkeep based on people in the land.

People require upkeep.

Bank has so many resources

We then translate everything into coin based ont he above information.

Coin does not equal upkeep anymore than the money you make ='s bread bought at the store.

And you dont even need to upkeep yourself, its not like you die.
So say food is the thing that is short, the first people who's folders you open are the ones that get the food? Like I said, we check out with money not resources now so....
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

No we would short the production sources upkeep first.

That is an excellent question though. We might want to come up with something on that. Like you can go to the bank and pay your upkeep during the event instead of inbetween events. We can turn it into a RP thing. :)
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

i think the fact that coins are tangible, compared to the support points makes more visble the system to those who had no interest before.
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Atrum Draconus »

Bah, this is far too complicated.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

LOL how is this complicated.

The only thing you have to worry about now is RP'ing and paying for your upkeep.

Its actually WAY simplier.
Chris
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Atrum Draconus »

Well it seems to be the same complication as before if you aren't in the political system, you pay your upkeep and keep on steppin'. Maybe I'm just not understanding how it's supposed to work. But, it seems more complicated if you are part of it.

And what I mean by the focus is transferred is that before the "leader" smooged other PC's IG to gain more pts. to get resources with. You had to be decent to the PC populus. Now, you have to smooge the npc's to get a good production out of the source and the PC's have to beg for their upkeep from the leader. Unless they've played long enough to get enough money for upkeep. It is a DRASTICALLY different dynamic than before. The leader only needs to have a few people, those that they give routes to be happy. Everyone else can die in a fire and the leader could care less. In fact, it behooves the leader to eliminate as many non-human low level PC's as possible, because they are a big drain on the resources.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

I love you, big guy.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

AH ok that makes sense!

Yes you are not seeing all of the behind the scenes work.

The NPC profile has been increased in order to have a dynamic real world. The refugees for example need to be like real people.

Now does a leader need to pay attention to every PC? Yes, but arguably in a slightly differnt way than before.

I am against mentioning too much of back end mechanics as I dont want it exploited by number crunchers, but we are giving the players loyalty values toward the numerous factions. Your actions change and lower other people's loyalty toward NPC's.

You can steal a territory away by being nice or by being mean.

If you are a production source manager then the people you deal with could potentially have a higher loyalty value to you than to E.

If new players come into town and lets say E ignores them, then they could band together and use their combined resources to influence the people and take territory away from her. The political system is no longer a number game, its a RP game, and it happens at the event and between events.
Chris
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Because this was the first event of the new system, there was a key part of it that did not come into play yet, and I want to point that out-

Once we get production managers assigned to each of the plots, ALL the resources from those sources go directly to those players, NOT to me. I'm hoping in good faith that those people will turn over what their areas make in order to contibute to the survival of the town. However, if all the production managers decide they hate esmerelda and what to give over what they make to somone else, that's their perogitive.

It's not that different from the old system and people deciding who gets their allegiance. Once the production managers are in place, those are the people who ultimately control the resources of the game. Due to last minute changes, unforunately we didn't have those assigned before this event. I think that it will become a very different dynamic once those positions are in play.

As for cozying up tp a leader to get money, how is this any different from the old days when you had to kiss ass to a leader of an org to get your resources to survive? I don't really see a difference. I think from a role playing perspective it just means unless you can support yourself, you'd better make damn sure it's someone you trust in charge. If you don't like what they're doing, ask them to step down. Or remove them per Mike's suggestion. (Since it's my character, I'd prefer the first method, but hey- to each their own.... :P )

As for last event, everyone's upkeep was paid for from the town fund and the money I collected. So if you left early, you were upkept. No money will be removed from your folder, unless you wanted to be upkept at a higher standard of living than normal. We also paid to feed all the workers who produce our resources for us and all the refugess.

I think I'm getting rambly, so I'm going to stop now....
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Fenn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fenn »

good faith. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

good luck.
The Riddle of Steel compares a man's heart to a piece of raw unworked iron, hammered by adversity and forged by suffering purged hardened by the fire of conflict A man's heart can only be purified and shaped on the anvil of despair and loss
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Fenn wrote:good faith. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

good luck.
+1
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

As Melissa has said, the system realy has not changed. Just the feel of it. The biggest change is support points have been converted into coins. It is a dynamic shift that change peoples point of view of the politcal system.

Now it is easier for people to be self sufficent with out the being part of a larger group, but if you want commidies, Military points, etc... you will still need to be part of a large group.

The Groups have the power. People who have the money have the power. Indivuals can survive now, but have very little politcal power.