Feedback - May Event

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

GM_Chris wrote:No not nessissarily you, it was just an example, as I feel there are people who think I am gunning for them, or that we as GM's are against the players. We want the players to win as that is fun. :)
Yeah yeah, we know you're all out to gank us all at every turn you can. :lol:
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

I pull the gank strings from Iowa. :)
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

Atrum Draconus wrote: I love the role-playing with both PC's and NPC's, but I think that the oog talk has gotten worse and worse over the past couple of years.
I volunteer our "too much ooc in a public area" call: "potato." Seems to work pretty well as an "either get back in character or move the conversation somewhere else" maneuver, but you'd have to ask the WH players for their general consensus on the effectiveness of that.
Mara
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Mara »

Had a good time at a good event... Thank You, GM's and NPC's. It was nice to return to LARPing and meet some new people as well as re-connect with some old friends. As for the "show tunes", Esmerelda, thanks to Happy's fairies, I did not have much of a choice. :lol:
The BACON CAKE was AWESOME!!! I just need to get the recipe before my guys go crazy from waiting for some more of it... It is mentioned at least once per day here. :)
Great ideas from the GM' s and players, it is great to see new takes on things.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

The one person paying for everyone was player choice, not GM initiated. The people assignments are because one person cannot manage all of the production sources in the world.
Woden
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Woden »

Dallid wrote:That's a GM perspective that's always irked me. GMs assume the PCs are just plain stupid..
Quite the contrary.
Woden wrote:I know its always easier to see things from NPC camp, but I have to say that this is another one of those things that always gets mistaken.
I even pointed out that things are always clearer from NPC camp. I have the advantage of knowing how the plot ends.
Woden wrote:It was designed to be tough, but believe it or not it had built in continencies and several ways to succeed, and fact if the PCs would have taken advantage of ALL the things we gave them 2 people could have walked in alone and taken the Death Stone all by them selves.
But lucky for us the PCs love to do things the hard way. :twisted:
Peace was just one, well (and forgive the pun) 'piece' of the puzzle. There were lots of other avenues that could have been taken, and on the flip side I appreciate that people would choose RP over metagaming.
I was just trying to make it clear that I would never allow and 'impossible situation'. Every situation has nearly unlimited solutions, be the results good or bad.
Haku
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Haku »

From an almost new-LARPer POV, the out of game talking was a nice transition from OOC to IGC. I know i've still got a long ways to go before i can game completely in character... but it was a little confusing at times when i didn't know if people were talking about in game stuff or stuff that was actually happening in their life. Maybe if we had a common area where it was ok for OOC talk? I dunno, jut my .02
~ Carpe Nocturn ~

Paer'An' Alla'Ana
Lightning Rider
Defender of the Flame
Honor Guard of the Last Grand Oracle
celegar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by celegar »

i generally dont like ooc talk in the middle of some important plot or some such, but on the side when were not doing anything it can bring larpers closer together. generally many characters come into town not knowing anyone and so they are loners and dont exactly know how to interact, because we as people dont really interact with strangers we dont know, especially if they are wearing horns or masks. but the ooc talk on the downtime bring us into perspective, that we are all people in an active screenplay that were wrighting with our own hands, and more importantly it brings us together as friends.
YOU STAY SMART, YOU STAY ALIVE, DONT DO NOTTING STUPID.
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Yes, the one payment for the entire town was entirely our brainchild. Abbadon and I discussed it and thought it might be easier that way so no one slipped through the cracks and ended up starving by accident if Es was too busy to talk to them and get them money. However, after seeing how things went last game, I think we will be returning to the old way... :lol:

As for the OOG pratter, I understand the perspective of being new and wanting to get to know the other players, but I think there is a time and a place for it. If you want to go off somewhere quietly and talk, I don't have an issue. But when it negatively affects people who DO want to stay in character (ie talking loudly in the middle of the inn) then I think it has no place. And besides, have an in game conversation with someone, it can build relationships too! I had one of the best in game conversations I've ever had with someone at 4 a.m. on Saturday morning.

And I hate to say it, but the line of "What is this (insert topic here) you speak of ?" doesn't always work. I pulled it out this last event to be given a look by several people that I was being silly.
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

*giggle*

I pulled a spell packet out of Abaddon's bag and hit someone with a potato call this weekend.

*grins*
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Hey I thought I would add a suggestion on how to deal with OOG chatter.

We designed the game so that the players would have as much control as possible and you do, especially since the game is PvP. Now I am not advocating that you attack people who are OOG, but I would respond to them in character.

I mean think about how your character would respond to the OOG talking? Would your character think they are insane? Would you lock them up? Would you think them elven spies? I am serious about this because if this was real life and I heard a conversation between two people talking about vampires as if they were real it would give me pause, and like wise people talking about OOG stuff should give your character pause.

GM's will do what they can but inevitably control of it must fall to the players. You have the power!
Chris
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

Which is why I advocate "potato" as a safeword. If it's a problem, you can let them know subtly, because it isn't always a problem.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

subtly

I don't think that means what you think it means.
Travis Cole
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

What would you recommend? :) For me it works the same as Apple might under different circumstances.
Mike: For the majority of you, choosing to use a packet instead of a weapon is a hindrance because your aims suck.

Travis: Crap he is on to me.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

No your idea is a very good idea. I was just advocating that you can deal with OOG in game instead of dealing with it OOG.
Chris