Muskegon LARP

Want to get people together outside of Final Haven? Post your ideas here!

Moderator: Admin

Jaycen Blackhawk
Town Member
Town Member

Muskegon LARP

Post by Jaycen Blackhawk »

A friend informed me that he is currently running a Fantasy LARP in the Muskegon Area and he asked me to pass along an invite to people who are interested in checking it out.

I've looked over an early draft of the rules and there are some really interesting things. It looks like it could be a lot of fun.

They play every two weeks, on a beautiful piece of land, that totally makes the rustic conditions worth the bother. There is no fee, currently, to play but the organizer of the game said they would never turn down a donation.

Just so you know there are no cabins, so if you plan on attending the event overnight you are going to need a tent. Restrooms are also non-existent, so take that into consideration when planning.

I'd like to see if anyone is interested in going out all at the same time to really boost their numbers. If you'd like to try it out let me know and I'll make arraignments as best I can.

Stark
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’

Soldier
Mercenary
The Last Hawk
Fenn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fenn »

steps forward.
The Riddle of Steel compares a man's heart to a piece of raw unworked iron, hammered by adversity and forged by suffering purged hardened by the fire of conflict A man's heart can only be purified and shaped on the anvil of despair and loss
Haku
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Haku »

I'm totally interested in going (especially since the price is right). When's the next event and where is it at? Is there a website where i can get more info?
~ Carpe Nocturn ~

Paer'An' Alla'Ana
Lightning Rider
Defender of the Flame
Honor Guard of the Last Grand Oracle
Fenn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fenn »

Echo echo echo echo cho cho cho ho ho ooo ooo oo o
The Riddle of Steel compares a man's heart to a piece of raw unworked iron, hammered by adversity and forged by suffering purged hardened by the fire of conflict A man's heart can only be purified and shaped on the anvil of despair and loss
Jaycen Blackhawk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Jaycen Blackhawk »

Sorry for the delay in information...

I just got a copy of the rulebook (apparently they are still working on getting some of their rules tweaked) and the formatting of the rulebook makes it unreadable. So I am in the process of making it so it can be read. I should have everything done by this weekend if not sooner.

The next event they have scheduled is May 23rd thru 25th. (Memorial Weekend).

I'd like to see how many people we can get out there to help support them.

I should warn everyone they are a little more intense the the Haven games with their fighting (they were all Kanar players at one point). But they are in general a pretty safe group.

They also allow players 16 years old and up to play, but they do run a mature themed game (typical high fantasy from what I gather.)

They really don't have the details of their crafting section worked out and their spell selection is limited (even though the rulebook hints at more), but I think that is an attempt to make people learn in game.

Email me at

starks.ravings@gmail.com

and I'll email out the rulebook as soon as it's able to actually be read. Plus it will give me a central place to keep everyone informed.

Thanks for the patience.
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’

Soldier
Mercenary
The Last Hawk