Staying Behind

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Gabrial
Town Member
Town Member

Staying Behind

Post by Gabrial »

As the morning sun breaks upon the horizon the sound of birds can be heard chirping. The light crackling of the evening fire sets the tone as many of the adventurers from Far Reach stumble out of their cabins. The morning is young, yet everyone seems eager to get out of the area and back home, or rather to the home for the time being. As Gabrial packs his things he can't help but wonder what all they missed, what he just didn't see. And it's in this moment he makes up his mind, he's not leaving yet. He can't leave yet. Gabrial makes his way over to a group of people and addresses them with a soft yet commanding voice.

"I'm not going back yet. I can't. There is just to much knowledge here that has yet to be uncovered. You all know I can't pass up a chance to find out what might be here. Even just one intact book could be a major find. I have to stay and look, I need to."

Gabrial will wait for a responce from the group gathered before him.
Sometimes you need to see the world in a different way...
Rhul
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rhul »

How long to you intend to linger? I have promised to follow those here back to Firach Aien, but I agree with you about this area. I have no great knowledge about the Old Ones, while the An'Dar might have failed as a people, there could still be great knowledge here to be found.

I could accompany you for a time before heading to Caledonia, if you didn't mind my doing so.
Gabrial
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Gabrial »

Gabrial address the beastman before him. "Stay if you would like Rhul. I will not stop you." Gabrial then addresses the whole group. "In fact anyone can stay, but let it be known that I intend to spend at least 1 month here. Any one who does stay will not be able to leave untill then, for I will be taking many of the magical items to help with my own safty. And that will make the barrier that prevented departure to appear again. Now it will take me some time to walk to the magical items, so I suggest that if you don't want to be trapped here that you leave the area soon." Gabrial then gathers up some of his supplies.
Sometimes you need to see the world in a different way...
Grimm
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Grimm »

Out of the morning, a lone figure makes its quiet way to the group. Several people start as if to challenge, but upon seeing who it is, they relent and nod. They have learned not to expect any words of greeting. This one has chosen silence.

She was dressed for wandering the wilds, in soft doe skin and green. She moved carefully through the gathering to stand before Gabrial. She looked intently into his face for a long time, eyes, once an electric blue now a soft green, studying him. At last she took his hand and stood by his side, knowing that she need no words to express that she would stay beside him, that she had come to do just that.
Rhul
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rhul »

Hrmm......

Unfortunately, if your quest must take that long and in turn bar anyone from leaving this area for the duration, I will not be able to stay. I had hoped to make my way to Far Reach, as they call it, and possibly even on to Avenguard through the gate.

I wish you luck, though.
Eilonwy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eilonwy »

The youth sighs with deep regret. "Though I would stay, duty calls at home. May the wind bring thee good fortune, Gabrial."
E. E. Nightshade of Clan Campbell
Arjan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Arjan »

After the main group has left the area, Arjan steps out from the brush beside Gabrial, and says in a soft voice

"You're right you know, there is to much here that we could have missed or over looked. I will be staying as well, together we have a better chance of finding something of import and of surviving in general. Let us gather the equipment we need and begin our search."
Jonny Tremaine,
Master smith of little renown

Pity those that choose not REDEMPTION,
For their deaths shall not be swift.