New Death Poll

How many times has your character been lower than negative 19 life and lived.

I have never been in negatives
9%
I have never had less than negative 19 life
35%
1 time
13%
2 times
22%
3 times
4%
4 or more times
9%
I have always ended up dieing
9%

Total votes: 23
GM_Chris
GM

New Death Poll

Post by GM_Chris »

I figured out how to ask the question I need answered

How many times has your character been lower than negative 19 life and lived.
Last edited by GM_Chris on Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

To be clear if you died and got raised then you did not live.

I am speaking specifically to those people who were less than neg 19 life and ended up getting healed by a healer/potion/magic/skill
Chris
Slisk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Slisk »

Current character? If so, then I don't think I HAVE been in the negatives yet! 8) (after a full one and a third events!! :P )

Slisk has been, but I don't think any other.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Hey Doug as a healer for a long time how often are you envolved inhealing a person who has surpassed -19.

How often do you feel this happens and you successfully saved the person.
Chris
Slisk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Slisk »

It was rather rare in the first four years. Probably averaged having to use the chip bag maybe once an event. They'd typically have to be below -15 for that. Seems more common now, though. I seem to hear people getting assessed in the negative twenties a lot. I didn't have to resort to the bag for the one day, but I don't know about the other healers.

When I have had to use the bag, success was very high. I think a red chip was pulled from my bag maybe two times.

Some deperate moments (-30s and 40s) required formidable potions, multiple surgeons, and life transfers, but were successful.
NewGuy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by NewGuy »

I agree that I almost always assessed to find them between 0 and -5. The 'triage and hospital' method of throwing someone to the healers as soon as they drop is soo often used. The easiest remedy then is one arcane NPC hitting the healers with ranged AOE spells. Now we don't have to change any rules.

Good job -NG-
GLOMP!
Durgan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Durgan »

How far into the negatives is "getting your throat slit and your head chopped off"? 'Cause once Durgan had that happen to him......... :wink:
Andian
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Andian »

Ravinal's was eatten, burned and broken up to ashes, mixed with salt, and spread in different parts of the land in various ways. I guess those guys really hated him. :)
Knight of the Frozen Way, Sir Andian Eannon
"Law is mind without reason."
--Aristotle
Verity and Equity
Shea Stonebrook
Town Member
Town Member
Location: On the way back to Woodhold from traveling with Connor (my husband)

Post by Shea Stonebrook »

In my experince it's been rare to have someone at more than neg 10 unless they've been hit by a 30 boom, or gotten attacked by a doom worm.
Shea Stonebrook

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath.
Durgan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Durgan »

*singsong* Oh, Brett.......where are you?

But yeah, that's been my experience, as well. It (usually) has to be a big sudden bang to get you that deep, or several NPC's when you're already in the low neg's.
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

X.X

Post by Torakhan »

The one time I died, I'd guess I was somewhere in the negative 30s or so... two "bugs" each machine-gunning "two's" with double claws.

Of course, I was out by myself and was not defending myself, so they didn't have to worry about blocking, or sheilding or any of that stuff... they just wacked on me for 3 or so seconds and that was it for me. So it's not a good example, since I would assume that most times such enemies just knock someone down and are already being attacked by someone else.
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer