costume sites

Shea Stonebrook
Town Member
Town Member
Location: On the way back to Woodhold from traveling with Connor (my husband)

Post by Shea Stonebrook »

I love my boots but they do not look very "in character" (that's why I wear long skirts...They're water proof and WARM.....I got them at REI and paid close to $200 but I've had them for 5 years and I wear them ALL THE TIME in the winter and at FH. I have not EVEN replaced the laces!

When my feet are happy so is the rest of me.
Shea Stonebrook

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath.
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Costumes and Props site

Post by Torakhan »

www.badgersden.com

This place seems to have everything you might need for LARP... kind of a one-stop-shop. I'm not saying the quality is great, or even that they're the best place to shop at. I ran into it randomly, but it looks like a good place to at least start from when you're looking for gear, props, costumes, and anything else.
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
Badger
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Badger »

Hey, I bought my boots and www.scaboots.com and with shipping they were like $115 and I got 'em in less than a week. They have a few different styles and group discounts if more people want to go in together on an order.
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised.
Midnight
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Midnight »

I have SoS boots, and they have held up for about 9 years now. Granted I don't wear them continuously, but they have seen quite a bit of wear, including some bleary-eyed guy who thought my boots where his and squeezed his much larger foot into one of them.

I was able to custom mail order mine, because I needed a larger size for my calf. I think it was only $25 extra for custom made boots, which included me tracing my foot onto a piece of paper so they made the soles specifically for me as well. I think I might have spent about $280 total? They are knee high suede.
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

Son of Sandalar has recently started doing custom boots again. Im told there is an $80.00 min fee for it now AND there is an aprox 18 month wait due to hwo busy they are currently. They sell at several festivals and from what ive heard a very very close second to Bald Mountian as far as sets sold.

The ren boots are great and inexpensive, but when i worked at the Holly Ren Fest, several of the participants had them and had issues with traction and durability (they seemed to not hold up to active use, like one would put them through at a LARP). That was, however, a LONG time ago. SO use that info as you will...
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"