June-July Event 2006

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Feed Back

Post by General Maximus »

A couple more items.

Charging. I found in caves & in shield walls, etc.. people where charging. What was happening is monster and such where phyically pusing past shields/people to hit PC's. There where many times where a shield person had to step back or be pushed off to the side. I know the monsters are trying to do there job and hurt us, but safety is first. So please be careful, stop at a shield wall, and fight your way in, or press the shields out of your way. Please don't physically push your way through shields, or run full tilt into a shield wall. People's instincts is to step back to so nobody gets hurt.

Resists: One can only resisit something if the effect that is being resisted has that item in the call. It does not matter if it is a lash, area effect, or directed at the person, as long as the item is in the call.

Aka: if you have a resist magic, you can resist 30 magic, 2 magic lash, area effect magic fire, but you can not resit 2 vorpal, even if it comes from a magic source (an arcane). Magic has to be in the call.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

And resisting poison ONLY resists the poison effect. The damage still occurs.
Travis Cole
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Question

Post by General Maximus »

That bring up a good question about resists. If you resist an an effect, do you just resist the effect or do you resist everything attached to the effect?

aka:
Resist magic: We all know when you resist a 30 magic, you take no damage, or 2 magic effect from a weapon, you take no damage.

Now: keeping with that thought process, would you not resist the entire effect when you resist a posion call? aka. you get struck with a 5 vorpal posion magic, a resist posion or a resist magic should be able to counter the entire call.

GM's is this how resist work? I say yes becuase it keeps it simple and one less rule you have to know. If you resist part of an attack, you resist the entire attack.
Grimm
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Grimm »

Kay... rules debates need to be moved to that forum, please. No hijacking this thread. *pokes*

As for the event... OMG. I had SO MUCH FUN. Seriously, I had more fun with this character than I've had in a long time. Amazing how no politics of any kind = more fun. *wink*

I just want to thank the Order, and especially Heidi and Vince for some freaking awesome role playing. Same goes to Scott. You made me cry (you bastard) but it was awesome. I really felt that the caliber of role playing this event was outstanding from everyone! (Amagus' corpses twitchtwitch)

Plots were awesome, and I had a wonderful time. I left the event with a smile, and really excited about what is to come. I love that feeling. ^_^