April Golden Acorn Roleplaying Awards

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

Tonia Glowski
Town Member
Town Member

April Golden Acorn Roleplaying Awards

Post by Tonia Glowski »

It's that time again... time to celebrate the great roleplaying we did see and here are the categories so far...

Best PC Roleplaying Moment: One specific moment, whether reaction, action, expression, and/or physical representation of an event occurring.

Best PC Event Roleplaying: The best example of someone staying in game, roleplaying their character's every waking moment and the best ongoing character development (what they learn, endure and mature from).

Best NPC Roleplaying: For non-GMs or perma-NPCs (though they would certainly be welcome to receive honorable mentions!), the best exhibition of roleplaying and interaction with PCs.

Here are my own personal nominations...

Best PC Roleplaying Moment: Though he is pissed at me for killing his character, I nominate Skall. His bargaining was true to the character and even while I was slowly killing him, he maintained his position.

Best PC Event Roleplaying: Unfortunately because of my limited exposure, I can't give a nomination here.

Best NPC Roleplaying: Elder Quetzl. The two glowing balls of "light" and the bravado shown had all of us questioning our strengths and his attempt at bargaining for the baby and telling us he buried puzzle pieces made us totally re-evaluate our position.
Tonia Brown
aka: Talanalassë Isilisurë the Elven Artificer (Final Haven)
Jade the Gargoyle (Final Haven)
Pasha the Sylvani Seer (Winter Haven)
Grok the Orc Head (A Pouch)
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

Best PC Roleplaying moment: I nominate Lambic. He was around all the time, but I really enjoyed the look on his face when he realised Sen was healing Ian. (ohh and when he pulled sen out the fight on saturday night.)

Best PC Event Roleplaying:
Not sure on this one yet.

Best NPC Roleplaying: So many good ones, but Pablo. Chris. "I can't even wear a hat. I have an abnormally shaped head." I'm sorry but him head diving into a table was HILARIOUS.
Travis Cole
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Best PC Roleplaying Moment: For me atleast there is no question about this one. Gideon leaping over my dead body and continuing to fear people from the ground.

Best PC Event Roleplaying: Danny for Drake's defection over to Pentag's group because he was Robin's protector.

Best NPC Roleplaying: Tie Mike and Chris for Quetzel and Pabble.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

Best PC Roleplaying Moment: Danny... for totally defecting. Dude, that was the best scene eveh. Thanks for making my event, babe.

Best PC Event Roleplaying: Goes out to everyone at the battle in the forest. You guys had me so serriously worried, and harried us through the woods for hours, with some great battle tactics and a real tense moment. That was really epic.

Best NPC Roleplaying: Mike as Quetzel... we were scared... of the Light. How ironic. ^_~
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Re: April Golden Acorn Roleplaying Awards

Post by Lambic »

Best PC Roleplaying Moment: Although I didn't see it in person, only on the highlights reel, Ravinal at the door of the keep gets my vote. I am officially not counting how it ended though. It was Ravinal 100%. I would give an honorable mention to Donovan's "Everyone is going to have to pick-up a weapon and fight for their lives..." speech. But I am a sucker for heroic speeches.

Best PC Event Roleplaying: My vote goes to Val. Two specific examples where her on Friday night sitting in a dark forest trying to translate the stick and refusing to leave until she had, and second on Saturday night as we sat the inn preparing for battle asking me if I could take the axe someone had offered her and melt it done into a dagger (very elven).

Best NPC Roleplaying: I always enjoy roleplaying with Karen and this event was on exception. I didn't ever learn the ghost's name but the character was dealing with the realization that she was a ghost/dead and you watch the different emotions scroll across Karen's face. This was the ghost whom led a 4 of us to the "River of Fire." *note to self: running off into the woods with a sage, a ghost and 2 people I don't know when Pentag is on the loose, not the smartest idea I've ever had. Damn honor!*

Thanks for the nod Travis. Not sure I deserve it, but it is much appreciated. :)
Eilonwy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eilonwy »

Hey...a Sage Knight, thank you....but one who admittedly sucks with that staff. :twisted:
E. E. Nightshade of Clan Campbell