remembering

Townsmen with the shakes huddle around the glowing embers of what may have been a roaring fire. Speak quick, lest thee be to long in the open!

Moderator: Admin

cole45
Town Member
Town Member

remembering

Post by cole45 »

The fire is roaring in the kitchen as Sen buckles up his cloak. The Ravens, are sleeping quietly in the corner. Most of Haven is asleep in the long shadows of night. Sen takes a long drink of hard ale and slips outside. It's pitch black and the snow is driving. Sen's large dark Valkyn'vi eyes open all the way and instantly adjust to the darkness. The world goes from black to a dull gray. Enough that Sen can pick out detail.

Clouds cover the moon as Sen makes his way across the ice and snow. He leaves no tracks, careful to pass unseen in the shadows. It is part of his heritage as one of the Lost.

Sen slips past the guards who keep themselves awake and warm by drinking at talking. Soon he is clear of the Haven all together. He quickly walks down to the shores of the river. Ice covers the shoreline but the gurgling of water can be heard under the ice.

Sen looks around carefully to ensure he was not followed. Then he takes out a small black leather pouch. Inside it, is a long lock of white hair. It is braided and beaded. It still smells like Shar. It is the last thing he has to remind him that she was real.

Sen looks into the ice cold water and touches the lock of hair. Visions do not come. Valkyn'vi are a race of seers and prophets, but Sen is not one. He does not get to see the visions. But now, he sees the time before. When He and Shar existed only for each other. And he remembers how she was taken away.

“I'm sorry Shar. I live another year. I will join you soon.” He whispers in Valkyn'Vi. He folds the pouch back into the folds of his cloak and turns to leave.
Travis Cole