Membership Reminder

Blah, blah, blah.

Moderator: Admin

GM-Mike
GM

Membership Reminder

Post by GM-Mike »

Just a reminder that we do require memberships to help pay for insurance. These memberships last for an entire year. Most of your memberships will have expired, just FYI. here is the original post:

Basic Membership – $15 - This is the required membership for all three games and covers you at all of them.

Silver Membership – $30 - Advantages of Basic Membership plus 1 level at Waypoint or FH/WH for a character of your choice.

Gold Membership - $70 – Advantages of Basic Membership plus 1 level at Waypoint AND 1 level at FH/WH character of your choice. You will also receive one Hero Point for a FH/WH character of your choice and 3 Reward points at Waypoint LARP.

or

Advantages of Basic Membership plus 2 levels at Waypoint for a character of your choice. You will also receive 6 Reward Points at Waypoint LARP.

or

Advantages of Basic Membership plus 8 levels at FH/WH for a character of your choice. You will also receive 1 Hero Point and 500 Reward Points.
Some questions we want to address right off the bat…

Question: How does this change the games we play?

Our games are all still separate. This unification is primarily for business purposes. We have no say on each others rules, staff or operating procedures. In other words there are no differences in actual game play.

Question: How often must membership be paid?

Membership expires 365 days after purchase. There is no penalty for restarting an expired membership. So if the first event is April 1st in 2014 and you pay your membership and it the next event you attend in 2015 is in September, you just need to renew at that event.

Question: Can I upgrade my membership after I have purchased it?

Yes. You just need to pay the difference in price between your current membership level and the level you are upgrading to.

Question: Is there a level above Gold?

Unfortunately not.

Question: Where do I purchase a membership?

You can buy them at the event or you can purchase them on our website.

Question: I only attend very occasionally and do not want to pay a membership to just attend one event a year. Is there an alternative?

Non-members can play but must pay $10 more than the event price. This is due to the way insurance is paid. This additional amount cannot be applied to a future membership fee.

Question: Why do staff and NPC’s need to pay for membership?

We need to insure everyone who participates in the game, including those who facilitate it. Owners must pay as well.
Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions you have about this new transition. We look forward to working towards making 2015 a great year for LARP for all of us.
Zydana
GM

Re: Membership Reminder

Post by Zydana »

Regarding levels..

The +4 and +8 levels for WH/FH is that still correct with this year's level change implementation?

Also, I found the link to pre-pay for the event, but don't see an option to pre-pay for insurance.
Last edited by Zydana on Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

at this point any WH or FH mention of 4 levels should be 1...8 would be 2....

Mike is just getting old an senile and has been driven insane from contact with LARP players all these years....and now SOCo is coming back so its even worse...
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Yep, sorry, will adjust above.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

As for insurance, you can always just send in extra funds to cover the membership cost.