RULES! (No Really)

A glimpse into the process of LARP design, into the minds of the creators, and a chance to interact on a design level with the GMs--basically what we're thinking and why
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Re: RULES! (No Really)

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

I do not believe the Warrior Crush has a headed requirement like the Barbarian Crush does. We will let you know if that is not the case.
Why would it not? Id pay money to see someone try crushing something with any bladed weapon....
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Almost positive that armor restrictions will be based on your main path only. Also, crush will probably require a headed weapon. We will add a description to chracter retirement and sinc up the essence bolts and weapon focuses.

The main rule book is coming along nicely--almost done actually. Trying to decide on the role playing tips, whether they should stay or not. I go back and forth from deleting them, keeping them, and expanding upon them. Any preferences?
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

I would suggest removing them from the rules section, and giving them their own section in the front of the booK near the what is LARP and how to make and play a PC section.
Last edited by Kaylan Chargeender on Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
ollie
Town Member
Town Member

Post by ollie »

Does the elves focused channel stack with the boon as well? It's a channel in name but was wondering how they interacted.

Also, could the number of havens that a scout/HG have out at any given time be added to the skill. I personally don't see why a smart scout couldn't chain a series of havens together. But I'm betting the answer will be there can only be one haven in existence at any given time.

Also, are brewers limited in how many potions they can brew? I mean a set static number based on their skills?
Ta'Ruk (DECEASED)
Mikklen (DECEASED)
Vilwin bin Yusef el Selah
Hitakari Tomayoshi
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Kaylan Chargeender wrote:I would suggest removing them from the rules section, and giving them their own section in the front of the boom near the what is LARP and how to make and play a PC section.
I agree with this, and keep them expanded.

as far as haven Its limited to one and you can move it at any time by spending the time to do so.
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
ollie
Town Member
Town Member

Post by ollie »

Then I suggest the staff update the skill to reflect if the skill is meant to be a single haven or if multiple are allowed (even if it's a capped low number like three at any given time). It's ambiguous and rules should never be ambiguous unless it's intentional.
Ta'Ruk (DECEASED)
Mikklen (DECEASED)
Vilwin bin Yusef el Selah
Hitakari Tomayoshi
crazycraftsman
New in Town
New in Town

Post by crazycraftsman »

Okay so only the sage would have a skill that relies on the target to agree to, why? (Improved disenchant)

I understand wanting to remove pvp, however, say I have a lock, and the rouge picklock skill read only if the owner allows it, kind removes the freedom of rp doesn't it?
Jamie
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Jamie »

The wording of the 'Administer' skill where it says "This skill also reduces the Charge times of any Healing and Restore Essence skills by 5 Seconds" is somewhat unclear. Is it meant to refer only to the two skills called 'Healing' and 'Restore Essence' (in which case it shouldn't say "any") or to any skill which has some kind of healing/essence restoring effect (such as 'Mass Heal')?

Is there any benefit to having both Brawler level 2 swap-out 'Sandman' and Monk level 1 'Neck Chop' ?
For the good of all of us... except the ones who are dead.
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

The Elf's Focused Channel skill does not stack with the Boon as the boon no longer refers to Channels.

I believe only 1 Haven is meant for the Haven skill, and we can re-word it to make it more clear.

Brewers are limited to the number of Potions they can brew at a time and per event - they have Brew slots based upon their skills. Basic potions require 1 Slot, Advanced potions require 2 slots, Master (Awoken) potions require 3 slots. These slots are available between Game on and Game break, and Game break and Game off.

So you can pick up any potions you want, and have the herbs for right after Game on, and then again after Game break.

As for "Improved Disenchant" many of the new Specialties will be playtests, and if found to be lacking we can find something else to take its spot.

Administer should refer to only the "Healing", "Mass Heal", and "Restore Essence" skills. Basically it is exactly like the original Administer, with the addition of "Restore Essence" and adding to Essence potions as well.

At the moment there is no stacking for skills such as Sandman and Neck chop.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

STILL NO PARAMETERS FOR THE DIFFERENCE IN SHIELD SIZE CATAGORIES (IE how much smaller is a 6 from a 7, 7 from 8...)
Needs to be in the rules since there is little a player can do to adjust phys rep size AT an event.

is there a mis print or are there no 1st level spells?

I know during the pre releases the subject of starting points for literacy being "refunded" or not, since all PCs are now literate, but as I read the starting gear section I see that not only has that option to buy a second language vanished, starting points has dropped from 20 to 10 for some reason. Also the cost for spells and components, with only 10 starting gear points, means that while a wizard used to start with 4 path spells, magus(which is essentially the new wizard) now cant even start with two!

I think the point total should stay at 20, the option to buy what is now a racial lore should still exist, as well as some form of "refund" for those not wishing to take the second lore option; and while some point costs have dropped mystic, and spell/alchemy components set at a cost of 5 is crazy high.

Can a magus spend more than 1 essence at a time to increase essence blast damage?
I still say essence blast should be three damage either way.

whirlwind isn't overly useful at 2 damage with a 10 second reload, making it a LP kill might be best so that it can be used several times at once if a warrior gets surrounded.

Warrior advanced swap out "crush" is too costly at 1 LP AND 12 sec reload when compared to the Vorpal version "impale" which, while a charge up skill, is slightly more effective since it bypasses armor. I suggest either removing the LP cost, or dropping the reload to 10 seconds.

Am I understanding the section on calculating LP correctly to see that what used to be 1 LP for race and 1/2/3 for lifestyle has just been moved to 3LP for all PCs? Lifestyle used to impact LP, discipline access, literacy, and influence/income; if it only impacts discipline access now...why have it?

Just wanted to point out that doubling the cost to craft items, is the OPPOSITE of lowering costs in game...which was a statement made when income was removed. Yes I know upkeep has been eliminated also, but for new players/PCs that's not relevant since it will likely take them three times as long to acquire crafted items than it would have before.

What is the plan to "refund" crafting costs for PCs with composite or durable shield exotic items now that they are obsolete?

Any plans to introduce an essence battery type of exotic craftable? Call it a hekastone maybe...

more likely to come.
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Jamie
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Jamie »

Is Grenadier supposed to be restricted to medium armor? I thought it was just based on paths now.
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

THERE Are essence batteries. I call them everyone who is not me.
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

The Grenadier is not restricted to medium armor.

I agree that shield sizes need to be in the book. If they aren't released by Wednesday, when the edited book will be released, then there will be no restrictions on shields for this event.

There are no first level spells in the book. All we did was transfer the old spells into the new system. All other spells will be found in game, though we will release some examples this week.

I agree with the starting equipment costs and some editing will likely be done prior to Wednesday.

No, the Magus cannot increase Essence Blast.

Whirlwind is unlikely to change immediately, but if it is shown to be underpowered we will address it in the future.

We talked about removing lifestyles all together and may do so in the future. We just haven't checked for bad combos yet--which was always the intention of lifestyles.

Buying stuff with coin in game will be reduced, not resource costs to create things. We expect actual resources to be just as abundant as previously, if not more so.

No current plans for an essence battery but good idea.

We can discuss refunds for obsolete items for sure.
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

We talked about removing lifestyles all together and may do so in the future. We just haven't checked for bad combos yet--which was always the intention of lifestyles.
so the other side of this is yes everyone now starts with three LP and race and lifestyle no longer matter?

Personally I like the different lifestyles, and would even like to see their effect come into play more.

Buying stuff with coin in game will be reduced, not resource costs to create things. We expect actual resources to be just as abundant as previously, if not more so.
I would be agreeable if the crafted items stayed at or real close to what they were before, my issue is they have doubled across the board. Having crafted items double in cost is the same as increasing coin prices in game. Any PC that doesn't have the right holding will have to but what they need, and that assumed they aren't new and have even had the chance to acquire and start up a holding.
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Well, we will adjust if need be, but costs didn't really double as upkeep costs are gone. In the real long run, you might even say they've gone down :D