Rules Regarding This Forum

For your story and lore submissions
GM_Chris
GM

Rules Regarding This Forum

Post by GM_Chris »

I thought there might be a desire for people who want to post a story of somekind WITHOUT other people responding. This is your place!

Please note that when I use the word "lore" I am referring to character driven or event lore. If you want to submit racial lore or world lore we do have a submission process on the front page.

1) Stories must relate to FH and be in-game.
2) Anything posted is considered in-game.
3) Each post can only have 1 author. This means that the same author can add story after story to THEIR post and no one else is aloud to respond.

Questions? You may ask them here
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

whooot, thanks guys :)

question though, can other people respond if we want them to? can multiple people have a conversation in the lore section. for some of us that have limited time to communicate and organize with other people its just better this way. if we cannot, I will both understand, and also find it quite silly. ^_^
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

I am going to say no and keep the rules to 1 post per author.

You can get around this by starting a google doc and doing what you would like and then posting the result.

Another option is I can even create a private forum for only the people YOU would like to invite.
Chris
Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

Sounds very cool, Chris. I have had several ideas for stories that take place in Marcus' past, to help me express more of what I want to be seen of what drives his character, as well as things I would imagine happened to him in the nearly four years between when I first played him the spring after the Night of the Burning skulls event, and this last event year when I started playing him again.

Terrible writer's block has forever been my enemy, but maybe I'll beat it and post some stuff here!
-Evil always prevails when good people do nothing.

-All knight, every night.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

That would be awesome!
Chris
Kayla
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kayla »

So would this be a good place to post character info that we want others to know (because this subforum is in-game)?

I have a good 4 pages on my character's family tree and I keep writing more.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Exactly!
Chris
Zefiir
New in Town
New in Town

Re: Rules Regarding This Forum

Post by Zefiir »

Hi! Noob here. (The blue Avyanna guy from last weekend). So, question: how much liberty do we have with lore? Like, is it presumptuous (for lack of a less annoying word) to create cultural lore if it doesn't seem to exist elsewhere around the forum, beside the little bit in the rulebook? For example, with a lack of Avyanna lore, I'm tempted to write some, especially about the oppressive upper class--but also, I'm just some new guy, and I wouldn't want to create something other Avyanna players would dislike, or don't envision. Advice?
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

hey glad you are enjoying yourself and want to write lore. my best advice would be to make it specific instead of all encompassing. like write lore specific to your character and the village that he grew up in. that way it is in fact true and cannon to an extent, but does not encompass all avyanna as a whole. this allows people to interact (or not) as they see fit. maybe other players like your story and come from the same village, or not. or perhaps they don't but have heard about it and don't condone the oppressive actions of the upper class.

either way you get my drift. im sure others can help you out as well ^_^

PS: I also recommend some slightly advised if not posted guidelines. these are not enforced, but recommended.
-I am not a king
-I did not kill a king
-I am not a dragon
-I did not kill a dragon
-etc.
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

in addition, here is a link to a site that was/is used for a lore project that seems to have trouble keeping momentum:

http://finalhaven.aforumfree.com/t59-wr ... ans-of-old

I say make an account there and submit whatever you wish, they will cull what doesn't work. Also, Robin/Nell the dwarf has played one for a long while at WH, and has a good pile of bird person lore. Might want to PM her.
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Still my most favorite Avyana quote...

*Seeing 3 birdmen in the road Corbyn asks:
"Donmayo can we trust these travelers?"
-They are Avyana, of course not"
“But you’re an Avyana”
-Yesss I am, aren't I...