The Big Announcement

GM-Mike
GM

The Big Announcement

Post by GM-Mike »

We are implementing some new things, starting at this next event, both in response to feedback that we have been given, as well as ideas that we have had but had not the time, until now, to fully implement them. Everything we are doing we believe will make the game better. In fact, we're so excited about sharing these things that we're giving everyone 1000 reward points simply for checking in. Yes, you heard me correctly. 1000 reward points that can be spent immediately, if you choose, simply for going through the check-in line. That means, NEW PLAYERS for this event can come in and start at level 4 and that EVERYONE will get 8 levels for this next event. This 1000 points does not count toward your spending limit, so you can still purchase 1000 reward points, if you desire, and gain a total of 12 levels for this next event.

So what's all the fuss about? What are we doing? Here's the current list (and we may add to it) that we know we will be able to pull off this event:

For New Players:
First, there will be a new player GM, a point of contact throughout the event to ask questions, get feedback, insult, terrorize, you name it. We will announce who that GM will be in the next couple of days--we're pretty sure who that will be but not all of us have had a chance to weigh in so I'll wait on that announcement.

Second, there will be a newbie plot at the beginning of the event. This plot will be used to introduce the game world and the game mechanics. It will have opportunities to role play, as well as some minor combat to get used to the system and allow opportunity to ask any questions that may arise. It will also introduce story/plot and may give information for a larger story arc for that event--meaning new players will be integrated into the current story line.

For everyone:
Plot lines will be more episodic in nature--actually, we intended that for this past event but it got away from us a bit.

Actual props will add to the immersion/experience of the game.

We will focus on PC plots as well as plots accessible for all (such as new players): again, this was an intention of the past event as well. We were taken by surprise about how some things went down. That won't be the case this time around.

A return to things that have worked in the past, such as in game research (reseachr), and pre-planned Seer visions

New Scout playtest. This is specifically my baby so if it goes wrong, direct your ire my way. The plan is to implement a dynamic scouting experience without necessitating NPC involvement (aside from those you may run into along the way). This will add to story, be a different way to introduce plots/clues to plots/give out additional information for plots. I'm exited about the possibilities.

Wandering monsters--there will be some, hopefully lots of them, all throughout the event.

Consistent NPC character allies. These NPCs will spend large chunks of time interacting with the PCs and WILL KNOW YOUR CHARACTERS based upon reputation/being from Haven/history, what have you.

I may have missed some things and if so I will add to this post in the future. If there are specific things not mentioned you want to see, reply to this thread.

Mike
GM-Amanda
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Big Announcement

Post by GM-Amanda »

Color me intrigued.
You are what you dare.

RESEACRH
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Cirrus wrote:Color me intrigued.
*Peers through box of crayons*

. . .I dun has that color :(
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

its between the colors Envy Green and Geezer Grey I think
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

I have to say I liked the herb/plant thing Chris whipped up. It would be cool to see more of that also.
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis