Clarification please on Simulacrum

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Clarification please on Simulacrum

Post by Eli »

Using: Simulacrum – 8 Essence; 1 Minute Charge to cast or time to create an item of that type, whichever is longer, plus any materials it takes to make an item of that type; Ritual (1)
This spell makes an exact copy of a mundane item, in appearance only. The item itself has no special abilities of the item being copied. If copying something that a Craftsman can make, the cast time is equal to the Craftsman’s base creation time. You must pay all the material costs of the item as well. (I.E. I want to make a copy of a sword, the spell will take 30 minutes to cast and cost 3 Steel). If cast with someone who has Level 4 Craftsman, more complex items can be copied.

Could a caster duplicate form fitting durable armor without crafting skill? It says: "The item itself has no special abilities of the item being copied." But I was taking that to mean magic or something like that since it goes on to discuss crafted items.
-Eli (Full Elvish: Elaith Vonaduran Craulnober)

There once was a man named Eli,
A man who claimed he could not die.
But one thing makes him wail:
That's when there is no ALE!
Thus his tale: with no beer, he will cry.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
NPC-Andrew
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Clarification please on Simulacrum

Post by NPC-Andrew »

No. Form fitting Durable is considered a special item and this can only copy mundane
I am coming for you... maybe not
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

Thanks I was trying to figure out the spell. I realized that after they changed to cost of spells in 2017 I never took more spells.
-Eli (Full Elvish: Elaith Vonaduran Craulnober)

There once was a man named Eli,
A man who claimed he could not die.
But one thing makes him wail:
That's when there is no ALE!
Thus his tale: with no beer, he will cry.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

"Eli"
Could a caster duplicate form fitting durable armor without crafting skill?
If cast with someone who has Level 4 Craftsman, more complex items can be copied.
form fitting durable armor is an EXOTIC item, not a "special item", that would be magic item or magic-ish plot items.

so yes...the armor COULD be done, but only with a level 4 crafter...and...that's expensive considering items made with this spell crumble at the end of the event made.....
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis
ollie
Town Member
Town Member

Post by ollie »

Kaylan Chargeender wrote:
"Eli"
If cast with someone who has Level 4 Craftsman, more complex items can be copied.
form fitting durable armor is an EXOTIC item, not a "special item", that would be magic item or magic-ish plot items.

so yes...the armor COULD be done, but only with a level 4 crafter...and...that's expensive considering items made with this spell crumble at the end of the event made.....
Unless it's in the errata (which I don't currently have) the spell doesn't say the item crumbles at the end of the event.
Ta'Ruk (DECEASED)
Mikklen (DECEASED)
Vilwin bin Yusef el Selah
Hitakari Tomayoshi
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

The description does not, however only spells classified as "in between event" spells have effects that survive from event to event. This is not such a spell. Any item created with it, does not survive the event.

It has been like this since 2015, and the GM staff has already stated on numerous occasions that this is the case.
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
NPC-Andrew
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by NPC-Andrew »

Kaylan Chargeender wrote:
"Eli"

You are correct that the armor is Exotic and not Special (why do I try responding while tired) however the fact that it is exotic would make the armor unable as it is not a mundane item. (Making it would make it basic armor that looks nice)
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

You are confusing MUNDANE...and basic/exotic. Mundane means NON MAGICAL. You are incorrect Andrew.
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
NPC-Andrew
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by NPC-Andrew »

You are right Brian. I was confusing those.
NPC-Andrew
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by NPC-Andrew »

I was right per the description of crafting exotic

"The Craftsman is gifted with the ability to create fantastic items that have certain qualities that set them
above the mundane"

Therefore exotic are not mundane form fitting can not be made