August event feedback

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Re: August event feedback

Post by cole45 »

my complaint about effects was dragon only. the other monsters some worked and some did;t and that was good for tactics.
Travis Cole
Phinkis
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Phinkis »

I started last week not really as excited about the event as I have been in the past. I almost rode with Phil which would have meant I'd have to leave early. I'm so glad I didn't! I had a great event.

I enjoyed all of the plots that I was involved in. My only regret was all of the walking and that's just because I'm lazy and out of shape, not the staff's fault. :P

A few peeves I did have really didn't effected me directly. The biggest of which was during the dragon fight. Someone was hit in the face with a packet, there were a lot of face shots this event on both sides and that may need to be looked at. In this instance the person yelled out that they had been hit in the face. This is an understandable reaction, you get hit in the face, your already ramped up, you get angry and you yell about it. The response the person received was where I was bothered. In this situation a simple I'm sorry is all you need. The person that got hit knows you didn't mean it. As I said before, they're just ramped up. When you make excuses for why it happened you're apology stops sounding sincere. We've all taken face shots in the heat of battle and we've all accidentally shot some one in the face, at least anyone that has done this a while has. It's an accident, we know, just apologize and move on.

My second peeve was at check out, which Angie already mentioned. No one there to handle bank notes which is specifically one of the only times this is allowed. I felt bad not only for Angie but also for Joe. As an NPC at Winter Haven I know how frustrating it can be when a player wants to do something that I can't help them with and no one else is available.

My third peeve isn't anything really bad and it's more personal than an issue. Things keep coming at us and there are things left from the first event we still haven't touched. I have a mental list going of all the things that need to be dealt with and every event it just gets longer. I'm not a leader type but every time I try and gather a group to work on a problem we encounter 3 more things and the group gets pulled apart to deal with those or the group stays together but deals with a couple of the new things, then splits, adding any remaining things to the list.

Now the great times I had! The bubble of chaos and the melting man! The card game I survived with 1 LP. Finding Fern. Evil Wizard Number One and the unluckiest man in the world. Evil Wizard Number Two and the kidnapped "son." Mike, "In a minute they're going to find out that they don't know where Kami is." Me, "I know where she is, she's right over there." Evil Wizard Number Three otherwise known as the messenger! Getting to the Throne of the Ice King and Queen. Well, now I can add dragon slaying to the list of things I've done.
Alinar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Alinar »

That's the problem - what we faced wasn't really a dragon (unless it's current form is an enslaved dragon) and it wasn't killed, depriving the PCs of an epic accomplishment for all their efforts and sacrifice.
Phinkis
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Phinkis »

Maybe it wasn't a real dragon or maybe it was. The fact that it took so much effort and sacrifice makes it a dragon to me. Maybe one day I'll meet a real dragon and I'll realize that I was wrong but until then, that was a dragon!
Joe
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Joe »

i just want to say quickly that i realize that some of us were charging and i apologize for myself and i will work on that i caught myself a few times and i know how it feels to get charged as well once again i apologize if any of you feel that i charged you during the big saturday night fight