August 2013 Feeback

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

August 2013 Feeback

Post by GM-Taki »

Korrigan's Feedback Bounty

In an effort to help the GM's get valuable feedback about the event, I've decided to offer a bit of an incentive. I'm offering some in-game prizes for those who take the time to leave substantial feedback about what you liked and didn't like about the event.

To be eligible for a prize, you must:

1. Have attended the August event.
2. Leave some substantial feedback about what you liked and didn't like about the August event. This feedback can't just be shout-outs to other players and your favorite moments, but needs to provide the GM's with information they can use to improve the game.
3. Attend the next Final Haven event, where the prizes will be drawn.

For every five people who leave feedback beyond the first five, I'll offer one prize. So:

-If five or less people leave feedback, I'll put up 3 gold as a prize.
-if more than five, but less than 10 people leave feedback, I'll offer a 3 gold prize AND an additional prize of any exotic item complete with 4 events worth of upkeep.
-if more than 10 people leave feedback, I'll offer a 3 gold prize, the exotic item prize, and an additional prize of a magic item.

Lastly, if every single player that attended the event leaves the GM's quality feedback, I will pay every single one of you a gold piece in addition to offering the three prized listed above. It's now in your best interest to get your friends to leave feedback, so badger, berate and coerce them as only you can. :)

The deadline for the submission of feedback will be September 1st, so get it in while it's fresh in your head.

Happy Writing!
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
DravinSky
New in Town
New in Town

Re: August 2013 Feeback

Post by DravinSky »

Hey Dragus here I really enjoyed this event I loved the way that the GM's were using people who weren't in the plot like with Taki they grabbed him as an NPC and the plots were able to be done with a bit of difficulty even though we had a small group or so it seemed. I did enjoy the monster play test they were doing it adds a bit of thought to the game where as instead of being able to eventually kill everything there are just some things I can not do now. I also enjoyed the way that the GM's at least in my mind attempted to get us to use teamwork which I think we did a good job on but this is all just my opinion.
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

1) Cassie/Tawey said " damn you Taki!!" *shakes fist at the skies* Because I told her now she HAS to get on the board since you said EVERYONE had to post.
2) Will she be ineligable for the prize since there is no way she will be at the bext event, as she lives 12 hours away. (my question not hers).
3) This is just an attempt to get me to be nice and constructive in a post isnt it....c'mon fess up you bastage!
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis
notsabbat
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by notsabbat »

While it is fresh in my mind ;

You guys always knock it out of the park when it comes to getting the most out of your NPC staff. You guys are THE hardest working staff I have ever seen in a larp, bar none. Brad, your NPCs are always really well played. It also always amazes me how willing you are to work with the players.
This game specifically ;
I was always on threads! Loved that! I realize that this game was unique in that there's was so few PCs that basically everyone could always go on every thread if they wanted to and it can't be like that every game, but it was awesome!
The guthrie threwd was great, I really enjoyed the plot twist as well as the village.
My favorite threads were the elemental threads. Love the diferent element relms that we fought in and the interesting puzzles that went with them. Great stuff!
The bokks were grewt, loved getting to know more about this "master" guy. I really liked the background tory. It makes me feel like he truly earned his name and am looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

What I didn't like ;
The check in always fens very late and I can pretty much guarantee that I won't be done till 9pm+
I would also like to see more threads were the pcs are split up and one group npcs for another. That has been VERY fun in the past and is a great way to have bigger combats. (I would REALLY REALLY REALLY like to see more of this.)
It was awesome playing with everyone again! Adventure!

-Bailey / Jake
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

Brian, you can tell Cassie that if she gets on here and leaves feedback, I'll put her in the drawing. The perspectives of people new to the game are especially important, and since she's 12 hours out I'll make an exception for her.

She does, however, need to make it back at some point to collect her prize should she win one. :)
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
Gideon
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Gideon »

Let start this Feedback first then amazing shout outs.

-NPCs with Character levels – I enjoyed this. I liked seeing the presses, disarms, fears, and I enjoyed seeing people being affect by skills, and using their resist if they had them. Also, NPCs with character levels have LPs and not LPs which means they are effected more by Arrows.

-I liked the puzzles, and the books they were really neat, although if it was not for the seers elimination door options then the book encounters would have been painful, unless there was other information out there to eliminate one of the three doors

-I liked the pacing (amount of threads to go on), there was much to do, and there were options in case there were more PCs, or if we had enough time to go on Ancillary threads.

-I feel the use of PC as NPCs does increase the fun of the encounters, so please do this when possible. And I am happy to NPC as always.

-Thank you for working with PCs that take the initiative, this is one of the many things that keep us coming back.

-When picking a campsite in the future, I would like one were the PCs’ cabins are somewhat closer to each other. (I do understand money reasons to not do this)

-The question of, “was there too much walking to plots this weekend?” was asked. It was ok for me (not good or bad), it was tiring, but everyone else was tired, and it did not wear on me terribly. And I am stating this incase if someone else has a none neutral opinion on this, so they will comment on it.

Awesome shout outs

-First of the all my personal favorite moment of the event, and I am sure it was the same for many others, was when we were fighting the Red Tears that were in the middle of a ritual, and when we were all retreating unable to fight off the numbers of the red tier, and then “Who is that Behind us? Is that Korrigan? It’s Korrigan!!!” And the resurgence of the Hero’s with the rallying force that was Korrigan.

-Another one was the first encounter of the evening. Baily goes to me “Gideon should I shot one” me-“Not yet” … Three minutes later when the red tear are starting to bicker and circle in conversation, Baily-“Now?” Me, “Yea shoot the one in the middle” Twang, thunk, the arrow strikes the one on the right that was talking. Baily – “Oops” Me – “still got the point across”.

-I had a lot of fun NPCing a cockroach … I don’t know why, but I did.

-Saving a lot of NPCs from death, including beatles, and tainted people who were not evil besides the taint which we had a cure for.

-Squogs … cute undead Squogs

-Time for some updates to my costuming :D

-Shooting birds out of the air in the air temple protection the two jumping the invisible stones. Times like this makes us archers feel particularly effective, and useful to the group. :)

-Big petrified tree golem, protector thing and shooting it while we were running away; so good.

-Shooting the wraith wizard red tear thing will he was running and I was running. :)
Fionna
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fionna »

Despite (maybe because of) the low player turnout, I had a ton of fun at this event. I think I had more fun this weekend, than I've had in a long time.

Pacing seemed better this event than it has in a while. Even with plots going late into Friday night, there was not as much down time Saturday morning.

I loved the book plot! (but I always love book plots.) What a great way to get history into players hands!!

I also enjoyed the Floating City Market. Jared did an amazing job bringing lots of different personalities to the various vendors. Plus it allowed me to gain many new contacts!!

While I didn't get out and go on the various gem plots, I did hear good things, plus it's always nice to have various players involved in plot hooks. Sometimes it feels (and this may be just my perception) that often only a few players get many of the hooks and info. And even though, I wasn't on the plots, Jared kept me busy in the mean time with RP in the inn.

It was nice to see the player base work together so well. It felt like we had a mission and everyone was working toward that goal.

The bad-

I don't have that much negative feedback, other than Check In was a tad late. I know much of that had to do with the location (as we were later than we'd like and were still some of the first to arrive.)

The last piece I have is not directed at NPC camp. Players, I've said this before and I'll likely say it again. PLEASE pick up after yourself and help clean the camp!! There was a large collection of water bottles and soda cans laying around the inn Saturday night. It may just be me, but it brings me a little out of game with all of the crap laying around. Also, I realize some people have to take off right away Sunday, but at least do something! Sweep the area you slept in, wipe down a bathroom, pull a trash bag, please. (I know, you all can say it. "Yes, Mom.") Many hands make light work!! :D Ok, speech over.
Fionna MacNeil
Queen of the People of Haven

“We all at certain times in our lives find ourselves broken. True strength is found in picking up the pieces.”
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

i am happy to say that this event will go down as one of my favorites.

the npc staff ran themselves ragged with plots and different things for the pc base to do, i never once found myself bored so pacing was excellent, in fact it was just the opposite, i was more than happy at the chance to take a breather for about 5-10 minutes then be back out on another plot.

i am still geeking out over the sacred artifact of the beastmen plot. huge thank you's go out to everyone that was involved.

i went on all four gem plots and each one was very engaging and fun. i felt everbody got a chance to showcase themselves during each gem plot which isnt something that happens very often.

low player numbers turned out to be a sort of blessing in disguise. although we had a ton of healers, there were no empaths or wizards. this gave the fights against the red tear a deadlyness that previously hasnt existed and i think really helped players to fight smarter.

i dont really have much negitive feedback and the short list mostly has to do with the camp.

lighting: during the day, everything was peachy keen. the problems happened when the sun went down. plots in the open and near the dining hall were okay. but where the cave was set up and when i went on the plot to retrieve the dwarven knowledge with nell, kaylan and marcus. there were times we just couldnt see without a light source.

machine gunning: saw this happen on a few plots and i will fess up to say that i have been guilty of it more than a few times myself. if someone cant understand your calls they are more than likely not going to take them.

think i got the main thoughts out there. thank you again for a great event.
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

Ok it's feedback time kiddies...
First and most important I would like to thank everyone, especially the staff, for making my out of town friend feel welcome and comfortable.Cassie indicated she had a great time, as I am sure she will indicate when she posts her feedback.
This is the second time I have brought a player form far out of state, last time at Winter Haven years ago, and both times the players did a great job at being welcoming and the staff at being accommodating and engaging. Its why I keep coming back, well that and my torrid affair with Brad "Big n Meaty" Bachelor. Don't tell him I said that...

Good:
> The plots and threads were cool. I liked the detail and myriad doors made available by plot to open and initiate our own roads to new contacts and adventures.
> The staff busted their hineys as always(well except Jarrod who used some lame "my groin hurts because I pulled it" excuse. Anything for attention and to slack off that guy...)
> Lower turnout seemed to be a positive as far as the game, since it seemed to make info easier to disseminate and the player to staff ratio seemed to make it easier for them to keep everyone hopping and involved.
> Was cool to finally get some results from my delayed in between event stuff.
> I do love the Red Tear fights, will be bummed once they are exterminated.

neutral:
> Although it did my old outta shape rump good I'm sure, the hilly terrain was a pain. I say FH buys a bulldozer to correct that in the future....just sayin.
> Missed the meal plan, Chris is no longer allowed to have his own life.
> Although moot due to camp closing, the camp was a 3.5 outta 5 considering it was awesome close to my side of the state, but lacked the closeness of buildings that make a camp a good fit.

Bad:
> Maybe its time to have logistical staff that can pre register/check in people and are equipped to make check in packets that include coin, visions, research lists and tags so that players just need to grab their personal goodie\ bag, sign the check in sheet and head off to dress/go in game. Could all be done via PM since the pre reg process via the forum gives confirmation codes. One or two people would just need to be trained by the GMs to calculate coin and know what skills give what tags.
They COULD even help with new players and PC creation.
> While I get that there were timing issues that prevented Taki from getting his stuff at check in, considering that there were players sleeping in the tavern due to camp set up, getting it handled loudly and with all the lights on from 4 am to 8 am on Saturday is just uncool and inconsiderate. I doubt it will happen like that again considering the sleeping arrangements at the other camps, but it needed to be said.
> There still seems to be issues with handling in between event stuff in a timely fashion. While I am sure there are players that last minute their submissions, i know there are unresolved submissions that aren't due to player submission delays.
> I also agree with Dani, th etrash needs to be cleaned up as we go because all the modern containers and litter does hamper immersion.

overall great event. Eager to see the "Season Finale" in October.
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis
GM-Amanda
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Amanda »

I had a pretty good time this event, but there were a few issues that kept me from enjoying it to the fullest.

Good:

RP, duh. I loved the little opportunities both the GMs and the PCs created to allow each character to take their own spin on things. Special shout outs to Special Fred, the massive snake in the Water Gem plot, the run on earthworms, and my dropping on Varys and thinking it was Aldinoch. Silly Red Tear all look alike.
The GM staff worked together the best I have ever seen. Nuff 'said. One or two straight combat NPCs and this event would have blown me away.
The single minded-ness of the PCs. We all shared information, everyone was in the loop, and there was more than one person able to run point and coordinate everything.
The two newbies! Cassie, your makeup was awesome, and I was so glad to see you get out and join up with the rest of us. Kye (didn't catch your real name, sorry!) it was AWESOME how you jumped in as a fighter and spoke up that you had picked up Displace Time with your 4th level EotD.
The Campsite. I am so sad that we won't be going back there. I loved the size of the camp, and wish I had more opportunity to explore it. I would be more than willing to make that 2.5 hour drive every event if the camp was staying open.
I'll echo Ben in saying not having Wizards made the Red Tear battles kind of interesting. I wish there had been more spells thrown though, it wasn't quite hefty enough. Of course, I did spend 75% of the second battle unconscious.

The Neutral:
Weather. Wee bit too cold for my taste, but it was probably because I was tired, and used to living in a 120* kitchen.

The Bad:
Info Dump. I'm glad we got some concrete information about the story arc for the year, but it wasn't really *concrete*. Making us make the jump because of our genre savvyness and paranoia is one thing, but not in the case of actually advancing the story in a positive manner. We spent the first 20 minutes of Game On arguing ourselves into a circle over whether or not we could actually trust our conclusions. I don't know if the third book would have given us the information we needed for reassurance, but it shouldn't haven't been only one source.
Weird Time Dilation Saturday Night. After the Gems, we decided to take a breather before we went after the Red Tear. Then we decided we were going to go out on plots. Then take a breather. Then plot. Then hey, didn't you get a break, let's go massacre Red Tear! I find it's a problem when Mike and Brad were sitting watching us, waiting for US to do something. WTB. I know we were all tired because we couldn't divide and conquer, but... it was weird, and it threw me off my game.
Potatoing. I heard it called a few times, and wanted to call it a few more. I don't want to hear about your build and what you'll be doing with it next event. Stoppit.
Tutus. Don't call damage faster than you're swinging it, and don't swing it fast enough to leave bruises.
Face Shots. I took three, and I saw Nick take a bad one. Please check your swings.
I have one more that I'm going to PM because it involves my conjecture and somewhat in-game private information. :P

I still had fun. Playing Cirrus is a huge relaxant for me, and it always improves my state of mind. And you wanted specific feedback. :P
You are what you dare.

RESEACRH
notsabbat
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by notsabbat »

Definitely guilty of talking about builds and stuff. Ill keep a reign on it in the future.
Zandron
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Zandron »

Good:
-Loved the overall plot. My group arrived late, so we missed the majority of the bickering at the beginning.
-Puzzles were great. I love the group teamwork to solve them - this session more than any other felt like a real roleplaying game, which brings my third point.
-I prefer the smaller group size; everyone had their chance to shine. Would've been nice to have some wizards or empaths, though.
-Nice roleplaying with NPCs, and the staff really did a great job working in little personal plots into the main story. Special thanks to Nick for being so willing to hash out all that pirate stuff.
-Everyone was super welcoming to new players, especially my girlfriend (Kya). She felt super comfortable, and everyone was very warm and accepting.
-The pacing! I've complained horribly about this in the past, but the pacing was wonderful! There was no sitting around for hours waiting; there was always a plot or some roleplaying to be done. I think this is in part because of a smaller group size, but the GM/NPC staff really did a great job this time.
-Final battle. Ermergerd, this was great. The variety in opponent skills made each repop fresh and challenging.
-Player teamwork. There was some real strategy, and almost everyone's talents were put to good use, which made (I think) everyone feel involved and important to the effort.

The bad:
-Hitting NPCs with attacks and getting no reaction can be confusing; did he not hear my 13 Vorpal, or does the beastie have SO MANY life points that it doesn't merit a grunt, stumble, or ouch? This is quite understandable during massive battles, but just straight up frustrating during one-on-one fights.
-Out of character talk. Yes, I'm guilty of it, but it is also quite irritating. I'll try to reign it in myself.
-Players calling each other out on rules. Please leave that to the GMs. Yes, it's odd that someone is Channeling really fast, or swinging for 4s, but I think we should trust fellow players a bit more than that.
-Nighttime courtesy. If we're all sleeping in the same room, please don't talk really loud until five in the morning.
-No Red X plot :'(
Cap'n Z
The Redwind
Ta'Wey
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Ta'Wey »

Alrighty- Newb feedback! (I was planning to leave feedback but I just get grumpy being told to do it.)

The Good:
I have never been to a big LARP event space, but I really liked this one. Lots of running around space and it looked like there were enough places that the GM's could use so it wasn't always the same fighting spaces. By that I mean, they had the "Labyrinth" space set up for the book plot, the field area for the petrified tree plot, the dining hall for the air gem (and I think fire, but I didn't go on that) plot, and various others that I'm sure were different but I didn't get a chance to visit.

The plots were fun, even though I didn't visit them all. I'm terribly impressed with the GM's and their running around like crazy people. I had no idea that so few people could do so much!!! So thank you Mike, Brad and Jared (hopefully I'm spelling that right as Brian has no idea, the unhelpful brute). Also to Nick for his crazy NPC stuff (I had assumed you were also a GM but I was corrected)

The explanations that Jared gave me for potions I picked were really appreciated. I understood what they were supposed to do, however I think it would be beneficial to explain to a new person a situation in which it would be appropriate to use it. I had a few that I wasn't sure would be effective in situations Ta'Wey got caught in and I didn't want to stop the game to ask if I could/should use it. I'm sure it would have been fine, but I didn't want to ruin other players in game flow. (Yes, I know I should be more aggressive and timidness in a game is not a good thing... but it's a work in progress alright!!!)

The welcomeness of all the PCs and GMs (and Nick). You guys are awesome!!! You made me feel so welcome to the game, even tho I am a stranger from far away. And teamwork, you guys are awesome together. The archers had some silly mishaps but still fun to watch. The petrified tree... golem/giant guy fight, where just about everyone was involved in some way was hella cool!!!

The Bad:
HOLY BUCKETS that's a lot of stuff... In my opinion, that was a lot of action shoved into a small amount of time. I realize, based on reading and chats heard over the weekend that there have been negative comments about pacing before, and this was an attempt to fix that.

Part of the muchness may have been due to the character concept I had, with visions and that was a way for the GMs to get information across to the group. It just felt to me like I couldn't take a break and get away, which I know wasn't intended. I just didn't want to stall the game by running away for awhile, especially when I was the only one who knew where a couple of important places were. (So not necessarily a bad thing, just was for me personally)

Sleeping arrangements. Oooooh my goodness, anyone else treasure sleep? I do. When we got there, which was much later than we had planned, I don't believe we knew where the sleeping quarters were. So we just planted ourselves in the med center. I understand the need for getting information sorted out, or wanting to ask questions in a sorta dead moment but staying up crazy late and being as loud as some people can get... really irritating. (I turn into a cranky monster when I don't get enough sleep, so I apologise profusely if I was at anyone in particular... I really didn't mean to!)

Overall it was the most fun I've had in awhile tho! So thanks much.
Ta'Wey
One In Search of Her True Name
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

Allright, I have been trying to figure out how to put all this down - lets see..

General - First off I apologize to all as I was one of the loudest ones up all night, probably keeping people awake. I am a 3rd shifter who lives in a house where most everyone is awake at all times of the day so I am not used to keeping myself quiet, and I do tend to get louder as I get tired (less inhibition). I will attempt to keep this in check next event, or hope there is a better place to go talk to people late night.

The Good - Roleplaying - I had lot of fun with those I did get to RP with. I also enjoyed all of the plots I was on. The Gem plots were diverse and creative and allowed a group of characters without a Sage the ability to solve the fun puzzles.
While the small player base was not a good thing for the GM's, it did allow us form a small yet efficient group and yet not tax NPC camp too much ( I believe). With a larger playerbase, we could do smaller groups like that, but then you have more of them which begins to tax the NPC's far more.
I enjoyed the diversity of the NPC enemies.
Plot pacing was very good in my opinion.

The Neutral - Mass looting - I bring this up under the neutral as it is more an observation than a complaint from me. I have heard this complaint from players before, but this is the first event I have played a character that get into combat in many years so it is the first time I have really experienced it. It being where 1 character seems to be able to loot an entire battlefield in mere minutes, and may others are left wanting. Primarily as it seems 1 character will get to the right GM before others, and that GM will just give the treasure to that player ad let him hand it out. (Not saying this happens all the time, just enough to be warranted a Neutral post). I would like to suggest perhaps having each NPC carry a pouch of treasure, especially for bigger battles, and when they are looted, they can give the player asking something.

The Bad - The late check-in, I understand the reasons, but still in the bad category.
-Better breakdown of when a scene changes, to make it easier for characters to know when their potions ands skills need to be refreshed.
-Swinging too fast - This goes for both NPC's and PC's - eve if you think you can swing fast enough to get the TuTu's out, it is in everyone's best interest (PC's and NPC's) to swing at a moderate pace to keep the battles flowing well and to keep them fun. Not to mention if the calls are going in slow enough it will make it easier for the NPC's to hear more of them.
- NPC's , when they are immune to things, make it known, and more so when something does hurt them, let the players know.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

I had a terribly good time as Marcus this event. Truly the worst part of the event was Monday morning when I had to become Average C.J. again. Though that also probably was partly because I went to bed at 6am on Sunday, with noting more than a patented "One-Hour C.J. Chair-nap".

I am glad that the event didn't require too much to pay for the camp so the game staff wasn't hurt because of it, because the low number of players was frigging awesome. It really shows what can be done with an event when the NPC to PC ration is so low. It was like a Winter One day...but one that lasted all weekend.

I thought the pacing of the event was very good, almost to the point where there initially seemed to be too much to do in one weekend! The NPC (Mike Jared, Brad and Nick, as well as volunteer PC-NPCs) also did an absolutely great job- kudos to you guys. I really hope you got a good night's rest on Sunday, because you deserved it.

It's hard to pick out a plot that I liked more than the rest, as they all were running at such a high standard. The only big gripe I had is that some of the time things almost seemed TOO easy sometimes. Now, I for one don't want meat-grinder hell-plots, but as one of the Master Healers at the event, I never once had to dip into anything more strenuous than First Aid - though I admit I "cheat" a bit as I have Triage, so it's half the time and one more point into the negatives, so I can do more with just that skill- but there still didn't seem to be a gigantic urgency about characters and their mortality versus monsters. They were all quite easy to tackle. I know we put a ton of planning into getting the child from the Red Tear with such a little force as the PC base could muster, and then they seemingly ran from us when we charged. Whaaa? :-|

Although...it could have been just that we had an abnormally large ratio of skilled healers (4 master healers, I think?) against the number of total PC's for all those healers to see the people that were hurt, as I went to -6 twice in very rapid succession in the Red Tear battle (though the initial one was a "friendly" fire 9 vorpal arrow!! :P ) I also went very combat heavy this event, so may not have seen the back line in action.

I think if I had to pick two scenes that were my standout favorites, it would be the ending of the petrified golem plot for the Earth gem, when I blocked Nick's gigantic swing of "22 Crush" with my hammer before it could drive Cirrus into the ground, right after swigging a Strength of the Defender potion. I loved hearing the 'Whoah" from my allies behind me, when I quick role-played it as driving me down to one knee through the sheer force of it. It was just a single attack, but let me really roleplay the "Righteous Defender" part I really like about Sir Marcus.

It was also a cool plot to involve a new player, as we had this really cool on-the-run planning session with Kya about how she could be really useful if she Time-Stopped the golem as we led it right to her as she set up in the road in front of the inn.

I also loved the NPC feedback about my striding around the battlefield fighting Red Tear, spouting Oaths and declarations of how the Red Tear were "Shadows who would flee before the Illumination of the Light". While I'm plenty, plenty talkative, I have been somewhat of a hesitant roleplayer in the past, and I am really loving (and being slightly creep-ed out by the ease in which it comes to me as this character) all the facets of playing my "Secular Cleric". The most harrowing part was fighting Nick's swashbuckling cultist towards the end, in which we essentially had a slug-fest of his "1 vorpals" against my "3 Magics", whereupon I came out the victor with just a single LP left.

I generally liked all four of the Gem plots, as they were all very different, but equally enjoyable. It was fun to tackle them with a small, cohesive group, rather than 20-some people all trying to be louder than the rest, getting bored, etc. As said before, it really felt like a large-part tabletop RPG session.

I give my thanks to all the players, as well. This event was a situation quite like the gateway event at the start of the year. Lots of times I tend to fall into the background at a large-attendance LARP events, as everyone has a clicky group of out-of-game friends to fall into but me, really. But at this event, I was constantly being asked to come along on plots, as well as there were lots of times people genuinely wanted my input on things. Kudos guys!
-Evil always prevails when good people do nothing.

-All knight, every night.