July 2012 Port Huron Event Feedback

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

July 2012 Port Huron Event Feedback

Post by Torakhan »

So, even though the event wasn't run by the usual GM/NPC staff, shall we give our feedback nonetheless (Again, taking into considering that this isn't the normal staff.) After all, there were some new mechanics used, and perhaps new players have comments nonethless too.

I'll post some feedback later, but for now I'll leave this open for others to post on. :)
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Well I had a really good time. It was fun playing one character for a change and being able to be immersd in a story from the opposite perspective. It had been a long time since I had the opportunity to PC, and I really enjoyed the characters we had and being able to interact with other players as allies. A special thanks to Dallid for calming me down about forty-eight different times and thanks to everyone who helped put on the show and giving us a much needed break.

Hope to see everyone in September!
Kiel Reid
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kiel Reid »

I am definately open to criticism in regards to the event. The good, bad and ugly. For me it was a learning experience so I want to know what could have been done better and what sort of things you really enjoyed.

Let loose!
Keil
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Keil »

I had an amazing time, despite playing a character that didn't talk. Todd and I are planning on becoming regulars again. I know there isn't much feedback in this but all that comes to mind is that I had a lot of fun.

Thanks for welcoming us back and putting up with us.

Colin
*grunt*
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Had a good time! While there were some slow times, the NPCs did a fantastic job of running multiple plots simultaneously with very little manpower. Given their resources, inactive moments were inevitable, and I think most of those were actually spent waiting on PCs! The junkyard suffered for the lack of NPCs, but I like how it was handled – rather be able to just go out and get it done rather than play the waiting game for NPCs to become available. Good show! I was also impressed at how swiftly communication took place between NPCs regardless of how busy and scattered each were. Don’t think I saw any radios, so I don’t know how you did it.

The storyline flowed fairly smoothly and was entertaining, though never did get the full story. The side-quests were likewise amusing. Having the castle of the Big Bad pretty much in view the whole time, but having to build an air ship to reach it was a great angle, and landing in waves at the final battle was a very cool twist on the usual end-fight.

I also appreciated the chance to shine, and got to use a majority of my skills frequently (never did use a “Resist Fear” or “Resist Poison”, despite the large number of such calls made). Visions were useful – both used to generate plot hooks.

Bravo to the tireless guest GMs and staff!
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

Good
I liked the balancing of the combats. none seemed over powered or to easy.
The final battle wes almost perfectly mixed of risk/threat and challenge.
I was pleased to see the shatter ability used more than I have seen it in the past.
The culture and tech level of the world setting was neither too much or too bland.
I very very much enjoyed the vreative and interesting items and elixers that were available.
I also really liked the herb/flag snipe hunt.
Kiel was in charge so RP was abundent and high quality as with anything he has creative input in.
food at the traveler was comebable considering the nature of providing that service to a ratty band of LARPers with no advance info and how many to prep for.
Getting to see players that haven made an appearence in a while...coolness.

Bad
I thought the use of Shatter by weapon strike, in a cave setting where everyone tends to be easy to hit, made it more of a threat than its intended to be due to the high chance of getting a hit. I will note that it wasnt used often however.
I was hertily unsettled by that band of horned and loud PC played by those new guys. Musty just be BRads friends always being so creepy or something....just sayin...
I didnt see how the paper money came into town, so it seems to me the rewards for the event were not very spread out. But I do acknowledge that could be a perceptual issue.
Keil...get a hair cut...sheesh. :lol:
I think the herb thing could use some minor adjustments like better looking props and a more RP friendly indentification system where the PCs dont need to travel to MC if they have the right skill(s)
Late check in = BAD...nuff said
ANOTHER event with in between stuff not ready=sad face. Yes I know there are plans to catch everyone up and compensate...in some wierd and twisted manner I am sure knowing the task master of the project.
Rodents/racoons on my duffel eating my granola bars......*rolls up paper* NO! Bad wild life!
THE HILL...nuff said

Might add more later as they occure to me.....[/u][/b]
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

I know its been a while, but I wanted to chime in.
I had a ball. Kiel does a great job of rolling with the punches, and is generally pleased when the PCs surprise him.

Like Colin said, we'll be back.

~the Lunatic fringe~